1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do the Spurs go from here?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jun 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Swishh

Swishh Member

I still believe their window isn't closed. Parker will heal 100% and Duncan will still be good next season. Kawhi will be a beast next season.

Manu has got to go though. They need to sign some good players this off season and/or make some tweaks.

So, what do you think?

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If I were running the Spurs:
    [​IMG]

They should have a little more cap room than the Rockets do at this moment. http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp Let Splitter go, let Manu go or re-sign him on the cheap, then go after Dwight Howard.

Roll out David Robinson and Tim Duncan to tell him how Tim will pass the torch to Dwight just like the Admiral did to Tim. Tell him they can win titles with Dwight, Tim, Parker, Kawhi & great role players.

#2 Carl Herrera, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Its just age...and do you realize that you just cant expect TD to score like the way he did in games 6 and 7...Period...TD is a beast and had a hell of a year...but his title chance slipped out of his hands in game 6...and with the blown tip in tonight...

Regardless..he is still the greatest PF to play the game...

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Unless other teams make moves that improves them, they are still the team to beat in the West.

Pops is going to keep doing what he does. Use the regular season to rest his older players and develop the younger players. This keeps his veterans fresh for the playoffs.

Even though Duncan is old, he is still one of the best big men in the league because of the state of big men in today's NBA. He will still provide them an inside presence, shot blocking and rebounding. Parker will be Parker and will carry that offense. Leonard will continue to improve and he is already very good. The only uncertainty on that team is Manu.

And they will still have the best team chemistry out in the West.

I think Finals sacred the **** out of Riley. He needs to get another big and some more reliable shooters on his team if he wants to threepeat. The health of Wade is a huge question mark as well.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hmm,

Parker
    Green
    Leonard
    Duncan
    Howard

Beast...

But that will never happen. Spurs stay the same every year. Anyway, Howard's personality is a big no-no in SA.

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Leonards going to emerge as a star. The big 3 will be reformed as Duncan, Parker, and Leonard.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Off season, some battered fish in virgin island and good swim will probably change Timmy's mind. If Timmy is back, the rest will be back. I do not think Timmy would want to exist with such bad gaze in his mouth with potential to make another run.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Didn't stop them from signing Jackson

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Imagine if it was the Spurs who picked up Beverley? He would have made a big difference seeing as how Ginobili was the only other "capable" ball handler.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

I swear I typed taste, iPhone changed it to gaze. ???

11. Beezy

Beezy Member

Repeat the formula. Duncan assumes the Robinson role. Sits out a season while tanking for the #1 pick. Hit it big with low 1st rounders and 2nd round picks.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

To the graveyard to bury Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili's remains.

13. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I honestly think they could have 1 more Championship run in them as assembled. Call me crazy.

14. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

For one thing, they're gonna fall to at least 2nd in the Southwest...

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Guys, I have been thinking if CP and DH wound up in Houston, I am not sure it's good thing. Both are proven primadonnas and Harden cockiness. Man, it could end up being another joke like this year's Lakers.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Uhh you can't be serious.

17. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Retool with millsap/Jefferson
    As f/c options
    Sg/sf go for Martin/iggy/jr

They need the extra wing scoring. Besides Danny green.

They could be deadly.

I don't think Dwight goes because he knows what age can do. Nash was playing at a high level and healthy before coming to LA and e started breaking down. Last thing he wants is his window closing.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah I think Dwight is going to be weary of going to another old team. Also, we are not entirely sure if Leonard is a guy you truly build around. Right now he's proven to be a great starter but nothing more.

The only thing they can do is just go the Celtics route, continue to sign vets, draft well, and ride out their core. A vet like Milsap or Jefferson would be pretty huge for them...or even Martin or any of the guys faraza just mentioned really. If they have the space for those guys then sure, they could be back here next here. Although I doubt they would sign JR Smith.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I still think that the Spurs have to swing for the fences and go after Dwight. May or may not work, but they have to try.

I also think people's doubts about how Dwight's personality would fit with the Spurs/Pop and how concerned he'd be about playing for small market San Antonio is a bit overblown. The guy had plenty of success and happy days in Orlando playing for Stan Van Gundy. He is not some sort of head-case/idiot who can't play intelligent basketball.

Anyhow, if they don't land Dwight, I'd think that the Spurs' 2nd option should be Josh Smith-- give them another versatile high level defender and someone who can create shots for himself and others.

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

Actually, although Manu cost them the championship, I still think they should resign him, but if and only if he doesn't ask for much. They are definitely going to make a run at Dwight, and he should strongly consider going there.