1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do the Spurs go from here?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jun 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Duncan will never play with someone like Dwight, I just don't see it. Knowing that the Spurs have the cap space, I would definitely go there though if Duncan and Pop wanted me.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Martin to the Spurs? I'd prefer not to even think about that.

3. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

What will hapeen to the spurs? Nothing. They'll find better role players to fit around Duncan, Parker and Kawhi. They'll still probably end up with a 1-3 seeding in the West. I don't see 3 teams having a better record than them at the end of next year barrging major trades or an injury to a star player. Only teams that will have a chance at a better record are OKC and Lakers

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Kevin Martin would be a really good fit for them, that's a great name drop.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

It will be really fun if the Spurs get Dwight Howard. They will definitely get back to the finals next year. Get him a 3 year contract and then extended after it expires.

6. Coreyls18

Coreyls18 Member

Scratch that. Just seen Carl Landry is opting out. I can see Landry also going to SA.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Their magnificent run is over. They will rebuild.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They're positioned to do both at the same time though. If the cards are played right they'll have another playoff window that wont close until Parker retires.

I think they go after a big-time free agent this year. There were rumors of Al Jefferson at one point. I think they aim higher. Weird things might go down too, Howard signs in Houston, Lakers amnesty Kobe, Spurs sign him and punish the Heat for 2 more years. It could get interesting.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He actually might work...they really could use the perimeter shooting...who knows...

10. dragician

dragician Member

"Duncan, the best PF in the NBA has missed twice to tie the game". -JVG.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It's because their stars Duncan and Parker are making peanuts.
    12.5 and 10 respectively. Sign Howard and Paul for that much and the rockets could afford to keep Asik and after dumping Lin could have an awesome bench as well.

Compare the Spurs to the lakers where Kobe is sucking up 60% of their cap space.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Where do the Spurs go from here?

Hopefully the lottery for the next decade. They had their time and good fortune with Robinson/Duncan/Ginobili/Parker. Time to go through some pains like the Rockets have been doing the last decade.

1 person likes this.
  13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They got another good year in them, as is, before they really need to rebuild, but good isn't enough to win it all. If you look at what Green and Leonard had to do to take it 7, i don't see them repeating that. But you have to remember TP was beasting before his injury. If he doesn't get injured and they win it all, people wouldn't be talking about rebuilding next season.

They can get Manu to re-sign on the cheap. Despite his poor play, you keep him, but in a lesser role. They just need one good signing to keep it going next season.

14. pnr

pnr Member

They're going to be top 2 seed again. The Pop system will do well even if the big 3 are declining. Those 3 missed significant parts of the reg season and they still finished with a great record. I think they make another run at the championship.

15. Classic

Classic Member

What y'all talking about? Spurs are still stacked.

[​IMG]

signed,

guy still living in 2004

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Wade looks poised to fall off big time and the Heat have no young players with any upside to fill in the gap in talent. Meanwhile, Leonard is on his way to becoming a super role player (and that is being conservative) while Green and Neal are both showing they are capable of winnings games all by themselves.

If these two teams meet again next year in the Finals and have the exact same lineups as they do now, I give the edge to S.A.

17. trowa2

trowa2 Member

spurs like quality players, not show freaks.

18. trowa2

trowa2 Member

well they gotta fire their scouts and management. they have been doing great job finding gems in their draft.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Even if they didn't go after Howard, they are still bound to pick up someone pretty significant in free agency and still keep everyone from this team. They are in a great position to reload and keep contending.

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

The Spurs will always be good. Period.