1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears from Yahoo Sports: "Nobody" is interested in trading for Thomas Robinson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/nBGN6J3vEBWT?autoPlay=false&params=zone%3Drockets&t=89-129" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Starts at the 1:28 mark.

1 person likes this.
  2. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

3. amaru

amaru Member

He was simply offering his opinion, not citing any sources.

That being said.....I would imagine the market for Robinson to be a limited one. However I could see a small market/ doormat team taking a shot on him and hoping for him to pan out.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This guy sounds like such a hack, I wonder how Woj feels about him.

5. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

multiple sources?

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Spears is so so, he's no Woj, but he's no Broussard either.

That said, that was just his opinion, and i don't think issues with the Kings carry much weight with anyone.

We might be reduced to a 2nd rounder, but I doubt there aren't teams willing to take a flier for basically nothing.

7. nemac

nemac Member

Is he really THAT bad? Or is more a case of teams knowing that the Rockets are trying to make space and his value being lower than it is. He seemed like a pretty athletic, high energy hustler, the energy didnt convert on offense as he probably did too much, was nervous and missed easy stuff. Surely he can work these things out

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

9. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

The guy was just giving his opinion.

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Marc Spears kinda sounded dumb during this interview. Saying the Rockets should try to find a small forward, then says shooting guard... umm.. then calls Dwight a power forward for a slight second. I found it funny when he said Thomas Robinson did nothing to show his worth while 3 clips of him scoring nicely showed. I dont know. Robinson sucked during his tenure with the Rockets, but he still has promise. oh well.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The "I-told-you-so" self righteous schadenfreude is strong in this one

1 person likes this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

It's a good thing Spears is just a beat writer and not an NBA GM then.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Since a lot of GMs were surprised that Thomas was available and would've wanted to take a risk themselves, I highly doubt that. However, at this point I can see few teams actually giving Morey what he wants, i.e. a pick and no salary / player in return.

14. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I disagree with Mark. The dude is a major athlete. He's at least worth the 18th pick.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

All the rockets did was notify teams that they would be shipping him out to the highest bidder. If we really needed the cap space then we could pair him with that 2nd rounder. A team like charlotte would be stupid to say no to that deal.

He is just saying what he thinks, and he would have said the exact same thing about patterson. Something like he does not rebound and i dont see teams taking him to help out the rockets.

When it is all said and done, teams will play hard ball and take advantage of teams in situations like these (just like we took advantage of okc). I doubt they would have called us 4th if we already had a dwight howard. Why help a team land an all star center and form a legit contender for the next 5 years for a patterson/mook or a robinson. At a certain price teams will say yes, but they will squeeze you for what they can.

I doubt many teams in the wc will help the rockets or anyone in our division.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Spears is the Ric Bucher of Yahoo sports.

Nothing to see here

17. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

18. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Teams know that the rockets will be desperate the closer it comes to the free agent start time. They are waiting to get Robinson on the cheap

19. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

he's a big omo ayysick fan too.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think he's right, but I hope someone believes in some potential there.