1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears from Yahoo Sports: "Nobody" is interested in trading for Thomas Robinson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 1, 2013.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I doubt morey would give up that second rounder so easily. Worst case scenario is robinson + 1 million cash for cap space. Charlotte would stick their hand out.

Is the trade moratorium even lifted yet? Why would teams discuss trades when many of them can find the PF they need in a free agency loaded with them? Teams with cap space im sure want to hold out until they talk to howard.

I doubt anyone would have called so far if it were patterson and mook either. The spurs were the only other team interested in patterson and they dont have cap space. Not like they would help.

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Whatever, talks like he knows every team's mind, pos.

I'm pretty sure there are many teams interested in trading for TRob, just don't know what they are willing to give.

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Robinson would be guaranteed a starting gig if he was traded to the Bobcats. Hell, even Jeff Adrien got playing time playing on that terrible team.

4. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I don't know if somebody will give a 1st for T-rob, but a 2nd, for sure.
    For the Bobcast or the Cavaliers it will be huge.
    Nobody can't say he is a bust o a future starter in league now.
    Why schouldn't do it? They has to reach the salary minimum.
    Morey in Bobcats position would do it (low cost, huge revenue, and the risk is not so high, you can cut him the next year)
    He give a 1st for Terrence Williams

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe we should call our friend in Philly.

6. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets are trying to get second rounder(s) for him.

8. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

I've never cared for Spears and am very skeptical about this report. I like Robinson's game and think he will make it in this league. Just because he couldn't beat out DMo and Jones, who both have bright futures, over a few weeks of competition while the team was in a playoff race doesn't mean anything.

This "report" reeks of the same brand of reporting as the "report" that trashed the rockets as dysfunctional about a week ago. Just because someone says it and one of these reporters repeats it doesn't make it so. I'm looking at you Lakers and Mavericks.

Both teams know they are coming up short and remind me of a unpopular politician who has to run a scorched earth campaign. I can't prove that one of them are trashing all things Rockets related, but it makes sense given the hand they've been dealt and the egos involved.

Don't believe everything you read in the silly season without multiple confirmations - whether it is politics or talk about NBA trades/free agency.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Spears is not a reliable reporter.

I think someone will trade for him, but the key is being able to get at least two teams interested so we can create leverage and improve our return. His rebounding and defensive potential alone should create some sort of market for him. I would be very surprised if we didn't end up with at least a 2014 late 1st rounder for him.

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

From the context of the interview it was a spontaneous comment about TRob but he said about him what many said when we got him, if he was that great or had that much potential why would Sactown trade a guy on a rookie contract so fast.

Someone will take him but don't expect much back, I don't think TRob is going to generate much interest and offers for him might be too low for Morey. What other options does Morey have besides trading TRob to clear enough cap space?

11. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

"Nobody" wants Royce White. Even Otis Thrope got a 1st round pick for him at the tail end of his career. I remember calling in and suggesting this sernario when he was with the rockets and they laugh me off the air and years later Detroit had the #2 pick. Somebody going to take him.

12. MONON

MONON Member

I don't think any other reliable news service would be stupid enough to do that.

Anyway, someone will take a flyer on TRob, even if it is just for a 2nd rounder. And actually, that's really all we want. This isn't about TRob's worth as a future NBA player, it's about creating cap space to sign Howard out right.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Spears is not reliable.

Interesting find though Carl.

I am less interested in what the Rockets get for Thomas Robinson and more interested in whether they will get Dwight Howard. If the Rockets walk away with Howard no one is going to care about the cost to trade Robinson. Just like no one discusses the Heat dumping picks to move Beasley.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Robinson hasn't played like a bust. He was showing flashes during his short time here. He even came close to having a double-double game with us. I think throwing the bust label at him is totally unfair.

15. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Teams that wouldn't mind a flier on him
    - cleavland
    -Orlando
    -bobcats
    -bucks
    -jazz
    -Philly
    I'm sure anyone else looking to add potential for cheap.
    He's got limited time as a highly touted rookie and nothing bad against his work ethic was said. He should be easy to trade. If try to attach Royce white with him as well if possible.

16. mesta

mesta Member

wtf you mean by that

17. ThaShark316_28

Yeah, I'm going to need you to never say this again. That's disrespectful.

18. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

First thing from Comcast I got to see all year and it's garbage. sf or sg? really Marc? Now go and spell you're name the correct way.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Robinson has no worth as an NBA player. He is a scrub that Morey never should have traded for.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Maybe the Cavs #30 and #32?