ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Open Letter to Royce White
Tags:  clutchfans, houston rockets, royce white Tags
moestavern19 is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
moestavern19
Contributing Member
moestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Dec 1999
Member: #1017
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3497/o...o-royce-white/

Sponsored Link
joesr is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
joesr
joesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejoesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33500
I likey

MyPlayer on NextGen, please change 'The Park' method of multi-player.

HTown_TMac is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
HTown_TMac
HTown_TMac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHTown_TMac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #18002
Good read.

duluth111222 is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
duluth111222
duluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodduluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16689
My open letter to him: We no want no part of you. #OpenLetter

ThisIsAlanR is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
ThisIsAlanR
ThisIsAlanR is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48417
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluth111222 View Post
My open letter to him: We no want no part of you. #OpenLetter
#BEWELL <--- i hate when he uses that on twitter

RedDynasty is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
RedDynasty
RedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50154
Good read, but these things never work. As far as I'm concerned, you wasted at least an hour of your life writing that. But oh well.

Skyhoop is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
Skyhoop
Skyhoop is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSkyhoop is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAlanR View Post
I hate the fact that he's on twitter. I really don't think it's conducive to his mental health. I would think that either his family/friends or a responsible doctor, or heck even his PR agent, would have told him to get off it already.

haoafu is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
haoafu
Contributing Member
haoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodhaoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18655
Great read. Hope White can work things out and return to the team.

J.R. is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Another Royce White thread? GEEZ WHAT IZ WRONG WIT U!! Y U NOT PUT IT IN ANOTHER THREAD. /clutchfans

Nice work. Probably all for naught.

DarkHorse is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
DarkHorse
Contributing Member
DarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #839
Well written. I think at this point he may be too firmly entrenched to take a step back and cut his losses, but this is exactly the kind of thing his "inner circle," whoever that is, should be telling him.

Unfortunately, since this comes from a "basketball fan" perspective, it's the sort of thing he will probably auto-reject.

BeeBeard is offline Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
I'd cosign on that.

Suggestion: #Put #a #pound #sign #before #every #word #in #the #letter #and #I #feel #like #you #are #golden.

Skyhoop is offline Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
Skyhoop
Skyhoop is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSkyhoop is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53116
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Well written. I think at this point he may be too firmly entrenched to take a step back and cut his losses, but this is exactly the kind of thing his "inner circle," whoever that is, should be telling him.

Unfortunately, since this comes from a "basketball fan" perspective, it's the sort of thing he will probably auto-reject.
I believe there were reports early on that even guys in inner circle weren't getting through to him and they were begging for him to compromise and work with the team.

LonghornFan is offline Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
Well done, Moes. Well spoken.

RocketRaccoon is offline Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
RocketRaccoon
Contributing Member
RocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3049
While I appreciate the sentiment and feel its above contestation, I know longer care to coddle him and I certainly don’t want him anywhere near the team. But as a fan, I’ll accept whatever the organization does with this issue.

mike_lu is offline Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #15
mike_lu
mike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16422
Beautifully written. I still have hope for Royce. Sometimes that first hurdle is the hardest to cross, and once past, progress can be much faster than it had seemed possible.

I think the Rockets are doing the right thing. Make comprises and concessions in things related to his mental/anxiety issues, but expecting him to earn his spot in the rotation the same way every other player has to earn it. In the end, if Royce isn't willing to do the latter, he WILL be a cancer to the locker room, and he will not do his cause any justice either. But if he does ... he's got the potential to be a really good player in this league, and actually do something for the people he wants to represent.

WinkFan is offline Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
WinkFan
Contributing Member
WinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodWinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3487
I question whether Royce's mission is actually more important that playing basketball. It's an open question whether anything Royce is doing will help mentally ill people in any way. On the other hand, a lot of people have jobs because of basketball, and people with jobs are clearly better off than the unemployed in many ways, including health.

Han Solo is offline Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
Han Solo
Han Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHan Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHan Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHan Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #50947
I want to make love to your words Moes.

Aruba77 is offline Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #18
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
incredibly well said! Thank you moe!

kjayp is offline Old 01-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
kjayp
Contributing Member
kjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19684
I'm just done with the dude... done with his whole 'victim' mindset...

We didn't tank - and we're on the rise.... remember that the next time you wanna rail about some 'treadmill of mediocrity...' I'll take DM's ability over the randomness of some ping pong balls anyday!

amaru is offline Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #20
amaru
amaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42710
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAlanR View Post
Unfollow him then.

"Who are we? We are the descendants of slaves...We are the heirs of a past of rope, fire, and murder. I for one am not ashamed of this past. My shame is for those who became so inhuman that they could inflict this torture upon us"

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

IN MOREY I TRUST!