1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Open Letter to Royce White

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would prefer the old moes when it comes to talking about Joyce. The one that poops on other people with fury, yet with style.

...but then Clutch wouldn't have posted it up on the site.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well said, moes.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've said some harsh things about Royce, but not that I think he's lazy or unfit. It bothers me that he has such an opportunity here and the media mostly feeds us the bare facts while Royce spins his side of things without getting specific.

It is frustrating not knowing what's truly going on.

1 person likes this.
  4. dchoye

dchoye Member

That s a well written letter
    It's a shame to see a great talent sit and feel sorry for himself
    Other ballers would feel so grateful just for the opportunity to sign with an NBA team

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That was beautiful.

I hope he gets a chance to read this, coming from someone that shares the same "restrictions/disabilities" so to speak it definitely speaks volumes as to what he should be doing instead of what he keeps saying.

Thanks moes.

6. alethios

alethios Member

Seconded. I felt the reaching out to Royce in that letter. Maybe someone with a twitter account (and following him) should tweet the link to him.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Royce reads Clutchfans, but it doesn't really matter.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Im not interested in pleasing fans, unless your a fan of... <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Transparency">#Transparency</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Humanity">#Humanity</a>... if those are your interests, you should be pleased.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/284409066955091968" data-datetime="2012-12-27T21:23:00+00:00">December 27, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Good job. I want to see him succeed as a Rocket.

There are far too many carrying pitchforks and torches screaming for his hide and spewing hateful slurs.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

<BR>Royce replies to your open letter:<BR>

Hi, friend! Thanks for the note. Unfortunately, I can't resume practicing<BR> until there are some very specific protocols in play, most of which are<BR>at present only vaguely and partially formed in my own mind. However,<BR> because I'm so #transparent and #honest, I will share with you three of<BR> the protocols that have already been defined (mostly by me)...

Protocol #1: I will not report to the D-League. That's a clown assignment,<BR>bro. What do they think I am, a f%$ing rookie???

Protocol #2: I'm not really that big on practice. Practice isn't fun,<BR>and I'm not sure why I should be required to participate in something<BR> that doesn't enhance and enrich my life. As someone much wiser than<BR>I once put it: "It's practice, man. We're talkin' about PRACTICE."

Protocol #3: Until the team agrees that my personal physician be allowed<BR> a say in what offensive and defensive sets we run, I will be unable to join<BR> the team. That **** McHale runs makes me WAY anxious. Just sayin'.

In closing, I'd like to present a case of an established talent who, like me,<BR>suffers from mental issues. He too walked away from a job that pays millions<BR>of dollars a year, took to Twitter to publicize his cause, and later returned<BR>to resume his brilliant career (okay, I'm not too sure about that last point).<BR>Ladies and gentlemen, my idol...

[​IMG]

Sincerely,
    Royce

P.S. #BeWellHaters<BR> <BR> ​

1 person likes this.
  10. Prince

Prince Member

Dear Royce.

If you don't understand the reality that it's more likely that you'll get a car accident than airplane, then you should consider covering your nose and stop breathing.

Love and care,

Prince.

11. Nook

Nook Member

At a minimum Charlie Sheen shows up to work.

12. Nook

Nook Member

He is mentally ill Moes..... sorry man.

13. ERC

ERC Member

Beautifully written. Nice job, Mr. Finley.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Some of us see the world for what it is, and it is indeed, an illness.
    #Transparency

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice post moes.

Royce has to understand that there are lots of people dealing with anxiety and other issues, but not many getting a chance to play in the nba and make millions of dollars.

16. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

I honestly think the letter isn't written very clearly. I still don't get the underlying thesis or premise that Moe is trying to convey. And if I don't get it, White certainly won't because his head seems to be filled with gobbledygook.

Not that I think it matters. White won't listen to what others have to say, that is clear. He lives in his own delusional world and has shut out other, more rational, perspectives.

I myself had a couple of Twitter exchanges with him a month ago or so, where I was just trying to convey to him that he needs to work hard to beat his anxiety disorder, and that others won't bend over backwards to accomodate him. I don't think he understood at all what I was talking about.

Nobody is going to change White's mind right now. The only thing that will change his mind are the harsh realities of life. He needs to lose his money and prospects for making money. He needs to be shunned from the league and struggle in a foreign country where he is no longer pampered. He needs to worry where his next paycheck is coming from. Or he needs to go to jail or otherwise have his entire worldview to change due to a major life event.

1 person likes this.
  17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

good stuff brah

[​IMG]

truly a talented writer

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A wonderful column, Moes, and we just have to hope that Royce reads it. You should do this more often!

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

+1

Though I'm not sure he necessarily needs anything drastic to happen. He could just change his outlook as he matures, like a lot of people do.

I think the letter is a little too vague for Royce to really take interest in it. He needs to see more specifics of what he is doing, for it to catch his eye. Otherwise, he's just going to repeat a reply he's already used, if anything.

#59 RV6, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  20. cbb139

cbb139 Member

great read, just hope that royce learns a thing or two from it.