1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Open Letter to Royce White

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bongman

bongman Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Im not interested in pleasing fans, unless your a fan of... <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Transparency">#Transparency</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Humanity">#Humanity</a>... if those are your interests, you should be pleased.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/284409066955091968" data-datetime="2012-12-27T21:23:00+00:00">December 27, 2012</a></blockquote>

Newsflash: NBA is a business that makes money by providing a service called entertainment. It is to their best interest to please the fans. Get with the program !

2. T_Fund

T_Fund New Member

That was an extremely well written letter.

I think anyone could gain some insight and enjoy reading that.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Disagreed. There is an ongoing enabling problem with Royce, the first time he can't be coddled because this (nba) is a profession and he cant manipulate and demand to get what he wants, he throws a classic spoiled brat hissy fit.

#63 Joshfast, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. jocar

jocar Member

Very well written. Still have my doubts, he only reciprocates with enablers or haters so that he can play the victim.

5. TheresTheDagger

What a well written letter. I wish in a way that comments weren't allowed. They almost dilute the message I believe you were trying to send (and needed to be stated.)

I would consider this letter Royce's last chance with the fans. How he responds will say volumes about his character and respect for us.

I hope for the best and despite everything wish him well.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

An open letter to a closed book.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlPB7CDN6r8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlPB7CDN6r8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

8. JurisDoctorate

^ I agree.

9. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I think Royce was most clear in that ESPN chat posted here yesterday. He implied that his biggest problem was that a trained psychologist/analyst/therapist/doctor was not the main person making the decisions about his training/practice schedules or D-League assignments.

Basically, it looks like he doesn't trust Morey or front office staff to make decisions with his mental health in mind. I think he wants his doctor or whoever is having these one on one therapy sessions with him to have more say in his assignments. I don't disagree with him, but I don't like how stubborn he is being in this respect. Mirroring the rest of you, I don't think his mental health is in such a bad state that he can't report to the D-League, rather his stubborn-ness is coming into play here. He's just unwilling to compromise even though his position is a weak one.

Overall, I think Royce wants to play, and would even play in the D-League, but wants his doctor to make that call. If he doesn't accept it at that point then we can safely say he thinks the D-League is a major demotion and underneath his station.

Wrt his impact on the other players: I think it's minimal - out of sight, out of mind. In fact things like this can help build camaraderie etc if the players rally around a common negative or 'enemy'. The other players have been to the D-League and back and are doing well because/in spite of it, so I think Royce is not affecting his colleagues. The main distraction is to Morey who is in a tough position to make the right PR moves and comments.

10. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

#BeWell friend

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Good read, but the main problem is how he almost seems schizophrenic in his words and actions. In the new article in the chron, he is saying AGAIN it's not the Rockets fault and everybody else tries to make it black and white while it's gray. Fact it, he is the one attacking the Rockets through twitter saying they're at fault here. He's contradictory in everything he says and does but at least in most interviews he sounds sane. Conclusion: he needs to stop tweeting, stop making things bigger than they are, come off his high horse and work things out internally.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice letter but at this point for the Rockets and probably Royce White is that he quit basketball. Maybe with better therapy down the road he can come back and play but the current situation isn't helping him or the Rockets.

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I support Royce White!

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Support him how? I support him getting therapy to deal with his anxiety issues and hope that he can lead a productive career that doesn't mean I buy into everything he says.

1 person likes this.
  16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

At the end of the day, Royce White is really more selfish than to listen to the other side. I think with Royce, its either meet his demands or he's not showing up.... He doesn't understand that there are 14 other players the Rockets have to tend to and the fact that all the other 14 players on his team is busting their butt and working hard while he's sitting at home, playing with his twitter and expecting the Rockets to meet his demand or he won't play...

His excuse is that it's #unsafe for him because of non-medical professional making decisions for him... That pisses me off because basically the Rockets front office just assigned him to the D-League and he's saying its unsafe to him because the Rockets front office are not doctors.

I think that Royce White has always been a selfish, self-centered person his whole entire life. I think that when he was diagnosed with Anxiety, he started using it as leverage throughout his life. It has gotten to a point where Royce believes that everyone has to roll out the red carpet for him because of his mental illness.

I know many people who suffered from Anxiety and mental illness. But at the end of the day, they have to cope with it themselves and not expecting the whole world to cater to them. Royce always have an excuse for everything. He has never took accountability for any of his actions.

1 person likes this.
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

#grammarfail

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good effort!
    A blessing that we are not the Bobcats
    We do not rely heavily on the talents of our rookies.

19. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Trying to support Royce White is just impossible. There's nothing to support. Its sucks that he was diagnosed with a mental illness, but at the end of the day, he himself have to cope with it. The Rockets are doing everything they can to support him, agreeing on letting him ride his own bus to certain games and also, have one of their own employee to ride along with Royce so he wouldn't feel left out.

Even with all of that, White expects the Rockets to meet every one of his demands or he's not going to play. It sucks that he has to deal with his anxiety and I don't understand it fully but Royce should know that when he signed that contract with Houston, the Rockets have every single rights to send him to the D-League.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nothing except the passage of time will get through to him.