ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51824
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...d-year-players

Quote:
3. Chandler Parsons, Rockets
Parsons gets the award for the most unlikely guy to appear so high on this list. For three years at Florida, he mostly slept-walked through games relative to his talent. But winning player of the year in the SEC as a senior proved to him that he could excel in a league of athletes, and he has not slowed down since. Parsons had an impressive rookie campaign, and he is better basically everywhere on the floor now for the fast-paced Rockets. Parsons often plays like a shutdown wing defender, but he is not yet strong enough to do it nightly. His ability and size allows him to excel often as a power forward and his improved free throw shooting, willingness to move the ball and good ball-handling for someone so tall makes him a real plus on the offensive end. These skills and physical talents combine into a long-time NBA starter.

10. Marcus Morris, Rockets
At Kansas, where he was one of the top players in America, Morris was among the best low-post scorers. For whatever reason, his coach in Houston, Kevin McHale, had no trust in him as a player and Morris ended up not doing much as a rookie. But he's recently entered the starting lineup and his very good long-range shooting and overall hustle have been a nice part of the Rockets' surge in the standings. He is playing more power forward than small forward, his position of choice, so he needs to rebound better to keep his starting job.

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!

Sponsored Link
Akim523 is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
Akim523
Akim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAkim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2008
Member: #31714
I'm happy for both of them. Especially Maemo, he didn't get to play much last season, but he sure capitalised his opportunities this season.

bongman is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
bongman
bongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2002
Member: #3931
Not bad for 14th and 38th pick . If you add the un-drafted Greg Smith, has to be considered a very good selection.

Fawkward is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Fawkward
Fawkward is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49987
Am I the only one who sees star potential in Mook?

J.R. is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Quote:
The Superstar

1. Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers

Strong starters or rotation players

2. Kenneth Faried, Nuggets

3. Chandler Parsons, Rockets

4. Kemba Walker, Bobcats

5. Kawhi Leonard, Spurs

6. Nikola Vucevic, Magic

Good-to-great shooters still working on being good players

7. Klay Thompson, Warriors

8. Brandon Knight, Pistons

9. Jimmer Fredette, Kings

10. Marcus Morris, Rockets

Best of the rest

11. Derrick Williams, Timberwolves

12. Enes Kanter, Jazz

13. Jimmy Butler, Bulls

14. Isaiah Thomas, Kings

15. Lavoy Allen, 76ers

16. Markieff Morris, Suns

17. Bismack Biyombo, Bobcats

18. Tobias Harris, Bucks

19. Gustavo Ayon, Magic

20. E'Twaun Moore, Magic
Looking for a SG, Y U GIT RID OF MOORE MORAY?!

roxxy is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
Surprised Thomas isn't higher on that list.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38284
Morey strikes again.

I did NOT see Morris anywhere on that list 6 months ago (not saying he didn't have potential to be there -- just considering the situation).

Carl Herrera is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Would love to get Isaiah or Jimmer.

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #38284
The thing I like about all of this is I see Terrence Jones and Donte going the Carl Landry/Marcus Morris path than the Dorsey route.

Terrence Jones and Monte are REAL talents and will appear as top ten (possibly 5) players in their respective drafts.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
It took Morris a year to get PT, but boy did he show up for work! I'm glad he's playing well, especially because many of us wrote him off after his less-than-stellar first year (and first few games of thsi season).

Parsons, however, is just a Morey draft pick. Same with Budinger and Landry, he turned crap into cash.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #51824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
Would love to get Isaiah or Jimmer.
Isaiah definitely. Jimmer - meh.

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!

meh is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Surprised to see Parsons over Leonard, given the Spurs mystique and everything. And pretty sad that Morris being so high. Not so much that he's awesome, but that the rest of the draft has been so underwhelming.

MrButtocks is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
MrButtocks
Contributing Member
MrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16215
What a fantastic draft for us. Both of our rookies from last year are starters on a team with a winning record.

Grigori is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #14
Grigori
Grigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGrigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44899
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Looking for a SG, Y U GIT RID OF MOORE MORAY?!
Probably the same reason Boston got rid of Moore: He plays too small to guard many of the SGs in the NBA. As a PG, though, he's not bad. You can also put him on some of the backup SGs who aren't offensively skilled. This is basically how he is used in ORL now.

HadToDoItCF is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
HadToDoItCF
HadToDoItCF is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHadToDoItCF is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50331
But Screamin' A. Smith has never even heard of this Chandler Parsons guy...

I hate that frontrunning, big market loving prick.

Coaching your kid's 7th grade AAU team makes you a dime a dozen, not John Wooden.

Naija Texan is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
Naija Texan
Naija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNaija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #38304
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Surprised to see Parsons over Leonard, given the Spurs mystique and everything. And pretty sad that Morris being so high. Not so much that he's awesome, but that the rest of the draft has been so underwhelming.
Eh, most NBA drafts ARE underwhelming, it is rare you see more then a handful of really talented players from the same class exceed into Superstar or even star levels.

BeeBeard is offline Old 01-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkward View Post
I feel like you're the only one, yes.

But keep in mind, even just getting a starter-quality player in Morris when he hits his ceiling would still be a huge win for the Rockets, considering his draft position.

rolyat93 is offline Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkward View Post
This fool did.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=206126

durvasa is offline Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #19
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Did Parsons make the rookie-sophomore game last year? I think he didn't. I assume he'd be invited this year, but I wonder if Marcus Morris also gets an invite.

bongman is offline Old 01-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #20
bongman
bongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2002
Member: #3931
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
Did Parsons make the rookie-sophomore game last year? I think he didn't. I assume he'd be invited this year, but I wonder if Marcus Morris also gets an invite.
Markief got to play last year so it would be nice to see the twins play for the same team.