1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Top 20 2nd Year Players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arthurprescott2, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That's actually not true... I'm not a huge Jimmer fan, but he will pass if that is what he's asked to do. Most of the time he's coming off curls and screens to shoot. I would imagine I've seen more of him than most people here... and he's definitely a willing passer in a set offense

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's about as false as a statement could possibly get.

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Of the few games I've seen, Jimmer is actually playing very conservatively in the NBA vs in college. He defers, and tries to take good shots. Part of reason is the Kings are already a very selfish team.

If Jimmer starts taking and hitting long NBA 3s, the spacing on the Rockets would be crazy.

4. art

art Member

jimmer's defense is horrible. might be one of the worst in the league for his position. if his shot is off, he has no value on the court
    i remember watching a warriors gm and charles jenkins was straight abusing him

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen everyone on the list play this season, but I have to think that Greg Smith is better than Butler, Allen, Gustavo, etc. And at least as good as (if not better than) such high-profile picks as Kanter and Biyombo. And the Rockets actually cut #20 on that list. Much better than the hot garbage known as the '09 lottery.

6. FullMetal Sage

It's pretty crazy that this is only Parsons second year. I heart this team.