ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Brian Scalabrine challeging people 1 on 1
Tags:  2012, basketball, boston, boston celtics, challenge, chicago, comcast, eastern conference, espn, jersey, nba, nets, new england, new jersey, new jersey nets, radio, roster Tags
Lihao is offline Old 12-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
Lihao
Lihao is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52424
i'm excited about this

Quote:
The White Mamba has a challenge, are you read to accept? The former Boston Celtics forward who is now a broadcaster with Comcast SportsNet New England, is sick and tired of hearing fans dog his talent, and that of other players who sit at the end of an NBA bench.
While speaking on ESPN Chicago radio, Scalabrine described a challenge which he has issued to fans in Boston:
“In Boston right now, we have this challenge going out. I do a radio show out there, and there are people on the street that really believe they can beat me. So we’re doing tryouts for the top 10 people in Boston to play me one-on-one.
“And we’re playing to 11. And we’re gonna film it, everything. The reality of people and what they think NBA players are like. I’m the last guy on the bench and I will kick your butt if you’re out on the streets. It’s just the way it is.”
Quote:
Tell me you wouldn’t want to watch this? People always joke about the scrubs of the NBA, and how outmatched they look at times. Regardless, they, like Scalabrine, are on an NBA roster. That’s not easy to do.
While there wasn’t many nights over crazy production from Scalabrine, he did manage to have a performance or two, most notably was Game 5 of the 2004 Eastern Conference Semifinals as a member of the New Jersey Nets. He was 6 of 7 from the field, including 4 of 4 from beyond the arc in a triple OT win.
http://www.thevictoryformation.com/2...ton-in-1-on-1/

Sponsored Link
da_juice is offline Old 12-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
da_juice
da_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44535
I can't wait to see this. They should also do a full-on, regulation game of scrubs vs. the NCAA champs.

ashiin is offline Old 12-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
ashiin
ashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2009
Member: #43431
holy **** I'm so down to see this

fallenphoenix is offline Old 12-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
fallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42673
i hope he gets embarrassed, so so so much

DudeWah is offline Old 12-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
DudeWah
Contributing Member
DudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26035
Even Scalabrine will beat the average joe from the streets. I base that just on the height factor alone.

Easy is offline Old 12-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
Easy
Contributing Member
Easy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6116
Ryan Bowen needs to put out the challenge too.

da_juice is offline Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
da_juice
da_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44535
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWah View Post
Even Scalabrine will beat the average joe from the streets. I base that just on the height factor alone.
Not only that, he's not a half decent three-point shooter. Sure, there might be some undiscovered phenom or streetball player capable of beating him and playing in the Association, but must won't.

LCAhmed is offline Old 12-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
LCAhmed
Contributing Member
LCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44232
I wish I were 7' tall so I could make millions

khanhdum is offline Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
khanhdum
khanhdum is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekhanhdum is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28223
SWAG

fallenphoenix is offline Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
fallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #42673
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCAhmed View Post
I wish I were 7' tall so I could make millions

BeeBeard is offline Old 12-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Scalabrine must not understand the criticisms that were directed at him. It was never that he wasn't better than a guy off the street, it's that he was terrible by NBA standards.

I don't have to be able to land a triple salchow myself in figure skating to tell you that the girl who just fell on her ass three times trying it sucks, nor do people who review films have to themselves be filmmakers.

That's not how criticism works.

Brian Scalabrine: A man of below-average NBA talent, and it seems below-average intelligence as well.

khanhdum is offline Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
khanhdum
khanhdum is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekhanhdum is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28223
not really, most were questioning if regular hoopers can beat him not just in the nba, it's obvious where he stands in the nba

BeeBeard is offline Old 12-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdum View Post
not really, most were questioning if regular hoopers can beat him not just in the nba, it's obvious where he stands in the nba
Brian Scalabrine, is that you?

alex_eg6 is offline Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
alex_eg6
alex_eg6 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33582
This would be fun to see, but he's right. It's not easy making it in an NBA roster. I believe he will be any street baller any day.

greatpacha1 is offline Old 12-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
greatpacha1
greatpacha1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47305
I cant wait to watch this, gonna be hilarious one way or the other.

Clutch City Representative since 1989

Beard recognize Beard

A!G!G!I!E!S!

split41 is offline Old 12-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
split41
split41 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodsplit41 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52694
I'm excited to see this!

Granville is offline Old 12-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
Granville
Contributing Member
Granville is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneGranville is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneGranville is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneGranville is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneGranville is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneGranville is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43251
He will get hooped by someone. Likely a smaller, quicker guy taking him off the dribble. It doesn't mean the other guy is better just that the other guy is a bad match up for Scalabrine.

tmoney1101 is offline Old 12-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
tmoney1101
Contributing Member
tmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43078
I wonder if Bullard will try out?

Someguy1229 is offline Old 12-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #19
Someguy1229
Someguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #42682
Bring it on.

i meow a lot is offline Old 12-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
i meow a lot
i meow a lot is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53113
rofl this is pretty awesome.

ps: at what point can i start a new thread here? I know I am new. :'(