1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Scalabrine challeging people 1 on 1

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lihao, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Orange

Orange Member

If people like bleedrockets can make threads i dont see why you should not.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Even 12th men on NBA rosters are among 99.9999% of bball players.

3. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

You're also speaking as someone far removed from Scalabrine's shoes.

We have no clue what he has to put up with as far as average citizen banter on a daily basis. I have no doubt that he's gotten personally challenged or overheard someone thinking they could take him on. ****, I've even heard people claim they could show Scalabrine a thing or two much less every single other bench warmer in the league.

Just as I've heard countless people in person and on here claim that they'd be able to take over Ryan Bowen's spot on the roster.

I for one, can't wait for this to come to fruition. Pros vs Joes.

4. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Do I have to be approved or something :(

5. David Stern

David Stern Member

Ryan Bowen is Easily the least talented player to have ever played in the NBA In the last 20 years

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You guys are delusional. Scalabrine would whoop every single guy that plays him 1 on 1. It probably would turn out 11 to 2.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

And yet he played for 10 seasons and made almost $9 million.

I think there have been less talented players in the last 20 years. He just stands out because he's very white and looks awkward.

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

this sounds x120 better than All-star Saturday Night. If I had to choose between this and the uninspired dunk contest, no doubt it would be this.

9. txtodd

txtodd Member

Yea I mean you have been here a total of 0 full months.

10. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol does someone want to start a new thread for me? I can write it out there and someone can copy and paste :D

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Only if we don't have to give you credit.

12. David Stern

David Stern Member

No he stands out because he was a SF who appeared to have trouble jumping of the correct foot, couldn't dribble nor shoot. He had a good attitude, understood his limitations, played hard on defense and probably brought the same intensity to practice. Still doesn't change the fact that dude was the least talented NBAer I've ever seen.

13. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Ok fine. I was wondering why the Toyota centre is kind of dead. Everytimr I watch a rockets game it seems like there's lots of empty seats and does not have much energy. The rockets are a pretty exciting team to watch right now and have a decent record than expected, so I would think there would be more people going to watch the game. In Toronto , the raptors are crappy as hell but we always have good fans here and a good crowd.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

This is how he'll earn his radio station salary, by doing awesome stunts like this.

15. trowa2

trowa2 Member

the best of scalabrine

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

LOL Scalabrine is crazy. He has nothing to prove. He's already accomplished what millions of guys dream of. He'd wipe the floor with anyone off the street who tries to play him.

17. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

The only way i see someone doing decent would be a quick guard who can shoot and out run him. problem would be that they wouldnt be able to guard scal's size and skill combo.

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I wouldn't go that far. There are some really good people on the streets that played over seas, d1 college ball etc. I have no doubt that there are people walking the streets of Boston that could beat him 1v1 even though they didn't make it to the league.

19. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Scrubs like Toney Douglas would be unstoppable if he were to play at Lifetime or something, but Scal is only in the NBA 'cuz of his height, he has a very marginal skill set and little to zero athleticism.

Honestly if Scal were to join a pick up game against the good ballers at Lifetime that play around 6, he'd be just be an average player there that would get some clean up points.

20. dragonz

dragonz Member

Do it Steve A. Smith, DO IT SAS!! PLZ? PLZ!!!!