1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Scalabrine challeging people 1 on 1

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lihao, Dec 20, 2012.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If it was the best of 3, then someone could get lucky and win, but come all the White Mamba was to do is back whoever he is playing right down to the hoop and get the layup, he can start this from the other side of the court if he wanted.

2. psk

psk Member

the ultimate 1 on 1 match would be brian scalabrine vs matt bonner.

3. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

Sort of funny, I've played this guy(geronimo) at lifetime 3-4 times, scared to shoot and just watches on sidelines at the 6pm games. I think he makes it out to be more than it is just bc he is scared

4. ashiin

ashiin Member

Fixed that for you

5. ashiin

ashiin Member

6. VanityHalfBlack

You're the kind of folks he talkin bout... Sign up!!!!

7. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Scalabrine is what, one...two seasons past his retirement now?

There's got to be some creeping man boob action at this point. A step slow-itis.

Maybe he gets humiliated by a D-league ringer. Would pay to see.

8. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I play a lot of ball at the local rec league as I'm sure a lot of you fans do so as well. You can usually tell the ones with a little bit of "skill" either because they play everyday or played organize ball back in school/college. Those guys, either due to their physical talent (height) and/or skills, are usually a cut above the rest and score a majority of the points. They look immortal when compared to the rest of us "average" players.

Well, compare them to the Scalabrines of the NBA and they will look normal again simply because the competition in the league is on a whole different level.

Okay, let's just say that Scalabrine is washed up and out of shape. In a half-court 1-on-1, he'll still be able to beat most people simply due to his height and ability to shoot. The only way he will lose is to someone current player from the D-league or college with similar or more height and skills than him.

9. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I play at 24, too poor for Lifetime!

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well it depends. If I challenge him, we play by my rules, and my rules states that he can't guard me on defense and on offense he can only shoot from beyond half court.

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

13. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

The joes they pick are always the least athletic guys in sports. They're just so awkward to watch in just about every sport.

14. likestohypeguy

I don't like this. There will be plenty of amateurs quick & skilled enough to beat him in a game of one on one. Then every wannabe will think they're better than him in terms of NBA value, deserve an nba career if he did etc.

But he made the challenge, even if he was goaded into it by media producers, so have fun with that. I just hope they at least cherry pick someone his height or taller. That would be his best chance at winning, & it would look worse if a 6' guard beat him.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

How is a 6 footer going to beat him? He can back them down and shoot layups and baby hooks all day long. His opponent will have to shoot 100% to keep up with him and hope he misses.

He is going to kill any average YMCA baller.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Brian Scalabrine is a professional basketball player. He might be one of the worst, but he is still a PROFESSIONAL basketball player. 'Nough said.

17. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

He used to back up KG.

Nuff said.

18. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

This,

Scalabrine won't lose to anyone without future NBA potential, ie a good Division I college player

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

There is some normal guy in this world that could beat him. Chances of finding those/that guy is slim

20. David Stern

David Stern Member

One on one is totally different than a game of NBA basketball. Everyone riding scala's joke needs to realize this. **** I remember the vid of devin Harris getting done up by a white guy on a playground 4 or 5 years ago.