Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Why So Much Patterson Hate?
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, nba Tags
nbalopez23 is offline Old 12-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
nbalopez23
nbalopez23 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46799
This guy the past few weeks is really becoming a guy who will give at least 15 points a night at a consistent basis and this guy plays his heart out there, but he gets the most hate outside of Lin why is that??

He is improving in the post, and he is making 3s at a high percentage (Higher than Ex Rocket Lee also) that means something. He may not be the best rebounder, but if he really was that bad maybe in the future just move him to the 3.

Patterson in my eyes needs to stay he is only going to get better maybe even a position switch to the 3 would be better, but come on WHY SO MUCH HATE ON HIM?

Sponsored Link
MOFvsLOF is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
MOFvsLOF
MOFvsLOF is Royce White -- lots of promise, bad first impression
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52297
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbalopez23 View Post
This guy the past few weeks is really becoming a guy who will give at least 15 points a night at a consistent basis and this guy plays his heart out there, but he gets the most hate outside of Lin why is that??

He is improving in the post, and he is making 3s at a high percentage (Higher than Ex Rocket Lee also) that means something. He may not be the best rebounder, but if he really was that bad maybe in the future just move him to the 3.

Patterson in my eyes needs to stay he is only going to get better maybe even a position switch to the 3 would be better, but come on WHY SO MUCH HATE ON HIM?
Because most of Lin's assists went to Patterson.

tie22fighter is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
tie22fighter
tie22fighter is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5022
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFvsLOF View Post
Because most of Lin's assists went to Patterson.
Let's not make everything about Lin.

But yes, he is doing really well.

Sampson
Olajuwon
Yao

and

Howard

iconoclastic is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
iconoclastic
iconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26097
He's a white Andrea Bargani.

knote32 is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #5
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Patterson will never, ever be a 3.

He is a solid PF, who will fetch us a nice player down the road...

coachbadlee is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Because most of you clowns want to waste time chasing after Paul Milsap.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

Easy is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Easy
Contributing Member
Easy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6116
Because this board has a tendency of hating smart, disciplined players.

liljojo is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #8
liljojo
liljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45907
It's because we know we still need an upgrade, but there's no way we're trading away or benching any of our other 4 starters. So PPat it is.

RiceDaddy7 is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #9
RiceDaddy7
RiceDaddy7 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2003
Member: #15230
If 2Pat played like he did in the past week, the hate would be gone. But time will tell.

BigMaloe is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #10
BigMaloe
Contributing Member
BigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50111
Patpat is a solid pf but jot great... similiar to landry, hill, scola, etc...

Good role player, great player off the bench..

But he is being.maxed out for owners/gm's across the league for assets...

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 12-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #11
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
If he can shoot 3s and play solid post defense, I can forgive his poor rebounding and lack of post offense.

durvasa is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
He can stay solid on defense, provide consistent production on offense, and try to be more assertive on the rebounds, I have no complaints with him. His play has improved a lot in the last few weeks. Looks like he's coming into his own after a down year.

SuperVon is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
SuperVon
Contributing Member
SuperVon is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41018
I've been happy what hes been doing. I guess when you have Omer grabbing 13 rebounds a game, Chandler grabbing 6-9 there is not many rebounds left to grab, since they play the majority of minutes together.

If Pat grabs 10 a game then everyone else has a rebounding dificiency all of a sudden.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #14
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljojo View Post
It's because we know we still need an upgrade, but there's no way we're trading away or benching any of our other 4 starters. So PPat it is.
You hit it on the nail.

We've spent too much money for Lin to be playing on the bench. He either improves or gets traded.

James Harden.

Chandler Parsons is the steal of the NBA draft and the Rockets darling child. Plus, being good-looking doesn't hurt.

Omer Asik is exceeding his contract, which seemed incomprehensible just 4 months ago.

...and PPat. So you can see why people are rather critical of PPat's rebounding. He's a wonderful offensive player and really is the our only post player. I think he learned a lot from playing behind Scola and it shows. But with Lin and Parsons exemplifying potential far better than PPat, it leaves him in a lose-lose situation of playing well yet still in danger of getting traded.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

roxxy is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #15
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51508
His screen setting leaves a lot to desire. Also he tends to play soft at times. How many charges has he drawn this season? Less than Lin i believe. His help defense could be a lot better as well. He isn't a very intimidating player none of our bigs are really when he goes in for a dunk nobody is really scared. There was one play where Harden Patterson Parsons were in trying to get a rebound & they gave Utah like 3 back to back possession with the ball because they were all struggling. Lin jumps in there & just grabs it off of Utahs 4th missed chance at the bucket. Offensively he has been solid though I think he will keep it up.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

MourningWood is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #16
MourningWood
Contributing Member
MourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43687
I'm just hoping this 2Pat is here to stay, that he's really turned a corner... that this isn't going to be some 2-week hotstreak followed by a string of 10-3 games. But, you can tell he recommitted himself to D this offseason. He's been solid one-on-one in the post. And, he's 6-12 from 3 over the last 3. Really? The guy who attempted all of 3 treys in 64 games last year?

Damn.

Keep on keepin' on, 2Pat.

Carl Herrera is online now Old 12-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #17
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy View Post
His screen setting leaves a lot to desire. Also he tends to play soft at times. How many charges has he drawn this season? Less than Lin i believe. His help defense could be a lot better as well. He isn't a very intimidating player none of our bigs are really when he goes in for a dunk nobody is really scared. There was one play where Harden Patterson Parsons were in trying to get a rebound & they gave Utah like 3 back to back possession with the ball because they were all struggling. Lin jumps in there & just grabs it off of Utahs 4th missed chance at the bucket. Offensively he has been solid though I think he will keep it up.
http://www.hoopdata.com/defrebstats....3&gp=0&mins=20

EarlIII is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #18
EarlIII
EarlIII is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52453
PPat is a guy that needs to be setup to score. He can't score on his own. And to me, most of the time, he's a black hole where once he gets the ball, he's going to try to score no matter what. Not to mention that he can't guard the really good PFs in this league and is a terrible rebounder. That's why I'm not enamored with him.

kuku is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #19
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51720
Why is PPat getting so much hate? He still has flaws in his game.

The biggest flaw of them all is his bball IQ, which is below average, while the rest of the starters are high in bball IQ.

I am not worry about the rest of his game. He can improve on his rebounding. He can learn to box out. He can improve being 'soft,' but to improve his bball IQ will take more than time. This is one area some players might never improve over time.

For example, I saw many time when he had the ball and was open 10-15 feet from the basket with no defender immediately in front of him, high IQ players will take straight to the rim. PPat, more often than not, would shoot the ball. It didn't matter if he made the shot or not. His decision making is subpar with the rest of the team.

Yao4REAL is offline Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #20
Yao4REAL
Yao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24623
Earlier in the season, i was thinking there are two positions that we needed to upgrade and replace next year, Patterson and Parsons. Well, both players have been playing exceptionally well and if they keep playing like that...it's going to make people like me forget about talking of bring someone like LaMarcus Adridge over through trade.

I mean we have max money for a superstar next year, who are we going after? There ain't much good players out there that i consider max player, not the like of Durant, Westbrook, and Dwade. Josh Smith ain't a max player man. Chris Paul is the ONLY one out there that deserve this money. Howard and Bynum had their problem and Osik is doing fine....we don't need Howard who is a horrible FT shooter and Bynum spending time collecting checks and not playing lol. We could get Millsap or Jefferson but both are undersize and we have enough of that. WE can go after old Ginobili but i doubt the Spurs is going to give him up...we can try to throw money at him and see if they can match him. I think this team just need depth. People talking about getting Cousins...yea ok, you think the Kings are just going to give up their best treasure?? Keep dreaming...he ain't a free agent next year either. The best you can get is Tyreke Evan but he ain't that good a player.

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝@ HEAT, LAKERS 2013-2014