ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Rockets-Blazers Series Preview with Adam Wexler
Clutch is offline Old 11-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3340/r...at-went-wrong/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
CJLarson is offline Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
CJLarson
CJLarson is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCJLarson is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCJLarson is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43106
Amen, Clutch. Still hoping to be thankful for a second star by next Thanksgiving though.

I guess you're doing something with the dark theme, as it's acting funny.

Must...collect...more....ASSETS!

Clutch is offline Old 11-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJLarson View Post
Amen, Clutch. Still hoping to be thankful for a second star by next Thanksgiving though.

I guess you're doing something with the dark theme, as it's acting funny.
Thanks.

I'm not doing anything with the dark theme, and it looks fine for me. If you're having an issue with it, start a thread in the Feedback forum and we'll take a look. Thanks.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

LosPollosHermanos is offline Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
LosPollosHermanos
LosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2009
Member: #43443
I like the take of this, while we bitch constantly about events like these unfolding its not to know that we're glad they never happened in hindsight.

The fictional "LOH" has come to represent anyone who says something you don't like hearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
The only thing more pathetic than twitter are the twits who aren't intelligent enough to create their own tweets.

HajkoV-BR is offline Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
HajkoV-BR
HajkoV-BR is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12673
Agreed!

IMO the Dwight move would be as bad as moving Bynum.
(Lockeroom and outside court cancer).

Arrrrrgh!!

Great read!
And happy Thanksgiving you all!

NotInMyHouse is online now Old 11-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
NotInMyHouse
Contributing Member
NotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31354
Good read. Got a nice chuckle out of the digs at weasel Stern.

CJLarson is offline Old 11-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
CJLarson
CJLarson is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCJLarson is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCJLarson is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Thanks.

I'm not doing anything with the dark theme, and it looks fine for me. If you're having an issue with it, start a thread in the Feedback forum and we'll take a look. Thanks.
I guess it's just the Opera browser. I switched to Chrome and it looked fine.

Must...collect...more....ASSETS!

Moonscope is offline Old 11-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
Moonscope
Moonscope is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40165
Loved the weasel comment, very fitting.

It is very interesting looking back and seeing how we could have screwed ourselves over. That said, any of those trades or wins could have also turned out in our favor, you never know...

fadeaway is offline Old 11-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
fadeaway
Contributing Member
fadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boardsfadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boardsfadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boardsfadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1406
Have to say that I am really excited for the future... more so now than at any point in the last five years.

Winner of All Time Clutchfans NBA Draft #3, 2012

Clutch Leagues Championship History
A fantasy sports tradition since 2000.

Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!

hooroo is offline Old 11-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
hooroo
hooroo is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finehooroo is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finehooroo is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14431
Nene was troubled by injury all last season and hasn't played this season. A dead weight max contract.

The Rockets dodged a bullet on that one.

BimaThug is offline Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
BimaThug
Contributing Member
BimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #359
Great read, Clutch.

I'll admit that I was devasted about losing out on Pau Gasol, which (as you mentioned) would have led to the signing of Nene and could have also led to keeping Chuck Hayes around as the third big. Had Jeremy Lin outplayed Jonny Flynn in practice and limited playing time (a probable proposition), the Rockets could have had a solid playoff team for the next several seasons.

2011-12 Rotation:
Kyle Lowry / Jeremy Lin
Courtney Lee
Chandler Parsons / Chase Budinger
Pau Gasol / Patrick Patterson
Nene / Chuck Hayes

After last season, who knows? Maybe Morey and the Rockets' front office manage to pull off enough trades to make a Harden (or at least "Harden-like") trade later on. With no Kevin Martin, does Chase put up even better numbers and net a higher first rounder than #18? Does the absence of Dragic push Lowry's numbers even further higher, netting the Rockets even more in trade for him? Does that lead to a draft-day deal for MKG?

That said, I'm glad to have James Harden. Moreso than any other player they could have had under a "non-Basketball Reasons" scenario.

I'm also happy the coaching staff rewarded Marcus Morris and the hard work and improved attitude he put in/came in with. He's gone from potential lottery bust to potential bench scoring dynamo. (And, for what it's worth, word is the Lakers were VERY high on Morris leading up to the 2011 NBA Draft, rating him as high as #5 on their board. Potential bait to acquire Gasol? Better late than never?)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

I may even say something worthwhile at some point.

Last edited by BimaThug; 11-22-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Dat Dude is offline Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
Dat Dude
Dat Dude is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32008
Nice article. Couldn't agree more.

prs325 is offline Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
prs325
prs325 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5162
Thanks for giving a perspective on the TJones situation. Theres an undying belief that TJ will be/is a solid rotational perhaps even a starter-type of a player. As the Rockets continue to give ample opportunities to Patty and Morris, TJ's chances to contribute will just get bigger in time. And the fact that Rox didnt give up on Mook (especially after blowing layups on the first game) provided to be a blessing for he certainly became one of the consistent performers this season and has provided to be an impactful player off the bench.

Now, lets look for things to be thankful for Eremy, Royce, and the coaches and ill get my slice of pie. Hmmm...

alethios is offline Old 11-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #14
alethios
alethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32552
I'm thankful for Clutchfans - keep up the good work, admins.

I'm thankful for the unnecessarily close Texans win.

Oh, and I'm thankful for more pie.

But really, I'm thankful we're heading in the right direction as a team.

clutz is offline Old 11-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #15
clutz
clutz is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2011
Member: #48660
Good piece. Tomorrow we get back to bashing everybody in the Rockets organization, but, at least for a day, we can claim some semblance of perspective.

CertifiedTroll is offline Old 11-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #16
CertifiedTroll
CertifiedTroll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCertifiedTroll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50246
Jones not old enough to drink yet, Morris has already beaten up the bartender. >:D

mike_lu is offline Old 11-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
mike_lu
mike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16422
Great post!

jocar is offline Old 11-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #18
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834
Amen to that.
Happy Thanksgiving CFers!

"

Deckard is offline Old 11-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #19
Deckard
Contributing Member
Deckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3612
Great read, Clutch! Maybe you should have a clock on the Front Page counting down to Stern's departure, similar to a clock at a pub I play trivia at on 6th Street that counts down to St. Patrick's Day. Can't happen soon enough! Aside from the players Morey brought in this year, Morris has to be one of the nicest surprises this season. I wonder what his ceiling is? Not long ago, I wondered if he was a bust. Go figure.

bloodwings19 is offline Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #20
bloodwings19
bloodwings19 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19208
I'm thankful we have a team, a team with potential, a team that has chances to win games, a team unlike the Wizards (#1 Overall Draft Wall, 2013 #1?) and a team like the Texans (Clutch gene).