ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Friedman] Brand New Day (for Morris)
Tags:  basketball, houston, houston rockets, marcus morris, nba, nba.com, splash Tags
RV6 is online now Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
HOUSTON - Marcus Morris smiled while draining shot after shot Wednesday evening during his pre-game shooting routine. His form was flawless, his release effortless as he watched one ball after another leave his hand and splash through the net. He laughed off the playful trash talk directed his way from the Rockets’ assistant coaches and kept right on raining in jumpers.

Yet for all those made buckets, nothing from that scene mattered nearly so much as did the image of a smiling, laughing Morris. It revealed a man who has rediscovered his joy for both the game and his place in it. After a rocky rookie season, Marcus Morris is happy once more. And both he and the Rockets are reaping the benefits.
Quote:
KELVIN SAMPSON

(on Marcus Morris)

He’s probably our second-best go-get-yourself-a-shot player.
Read more (including coach and player quotes from tonight's game) : http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/brand-new-day

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

Last edited by RV6; 11-15-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Sponsored Link
ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #2
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
I seriously lol'd when Worell commented that Marcus and Patterson told D-Mo not to get angry and to see the D-League assignment as an opportunity and not a demotion, hahhahaha.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #3
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
It's springtime for Marcus.

JayGoogle is online now Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 AM   #4
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Parsons or Patterson should be very scared right now. Morris is coming.

withmustard is offline Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #5
withmustard
withmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodwithmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9680
Is he already a better pro than his brother? I'm not impressed with Markieff.

rockmanslim is offline Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 AM   #6
rockmanslim
rockmanslim is Royce White -- lots of promise, bad first impression
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #8751
quote:
"Then when I got sent to the D-League, I took it hard. This summer I just put it in my head to never let it happen again, so anything I needed to do – practice, getting in shape or whatever – I just did it."

This is how it's done, Royce.

Marcus Morris' story just might inspire me to get off my lazy behind. I said might.

Hakeemtheking is offline Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 AM   #7
Hakeemtheking
Hakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38940
?s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoogle View Post
Parsons or Patterson should be very scared right now. Morris is coming.
This.

Morris will steal a starting job from either Parsons or Patterson. I am very glad that he has figured out the NBA game.

nomangame is offline Old 11-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #8
nomangame
nomangame is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52512
Real happy for him. The rest of the team should learn one thing from Morris - smile.

An unhappy player can never perform. Of course, let us rack up more victories to have more reason to smile

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
The kid is mentally tough. Used all the disappointment last year as fuel to get better and now he's easily the most improved player on the rockets. If he keeps improving his defense and adds a little muscle watch out...he looks like a keeper, not trade bait.

TEXNIFICENT is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
TEXNIFICENT
TEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32178
Good for Marcus.

For all those new to the board, Marcus was ridiculed on this board relentlessly for getting beat out for playing time by Parsons last year. He was called lazy, dumb, etc.. (You name it.) Its good to see him in Houston and contributing.

Aceshigh7 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
Aceshigh7
Contributing Member
Aceshigh7 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12660
I've been very impressed with Morris this season. He has played consistently well.

durvasa is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
I was pretty unenthusiastic about Morris since early last season. I'm glad he's proving himself this year. I hope he makes all his doubters eat crow.

TEXNIFICENT is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #13
TEXNIFICENT
TEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32178
GOOD FOR MOOK!

sugrlndkid is online now Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #14
sugrlndkid
sugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesugrlndkid is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50762
once again...have never been a fan of Morris before...but he has been the most consistent player...on the Rockets...Im glad to see that he has turned the corner in a huge way...keep up the good work....

Dei is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #15
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
I really like his attitude, most of all. There's just leadership material there.

NL Rocket is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
NL Rocket
NL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51934
Glad he's turned it around, this what separates high character guys from guys who just mail it in after a disappointing start. I actually didn't expect this and was the first to want him shipped out but glad he's here and hopefully they can start using him to post up and he can be a creator in the future. I think he has a higher ceiling than Parsons, based on pure natural talent that he has to maximize.

ashiin is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #17
ashiin
ashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2009
Member: #43431
I thought he was done... I really did. I thought he didn't have the work ethic to do anything and he was an after thought. Boy did I eat crow last night. I hope he keeps up this consistency because we'll definitely need it.

BigShotBob is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
BigShotBob
BigShotBob is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43535
IM in on mook, love to see his confidence growing right before our eyes.

Dei is offline Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #19
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0c0b0fr34k View Post
I seriously lol'd when Worell commented that Marcus and Patterson told D-Mo not to get angry and to see the D-League assignment as an opportunity and not a demotion, hahhahaha.
What's funny about it?

YaoMing#1 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #20
YaoMing#1
YaoMing#1 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYaoMing#1 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2002
Member: #4252
Him and harden have potential to avg 50 PTs combined in Ty near future he's gonna be our 2nd best player by the start of next season. His potential is top 10 scorer in the league with good defense that's a heck of a player. I think morey did it again I watched a lot of Morris at Kansas he's the real deal on offense can do it all. He hasn't got a chance o show off how handle in the open court but I imagine it will coke soon. The strides he's making each game is remarkable the game just comes so easy and he wasn't backing down to guarding The best player in the world. I'm really excited because Morris is what a future Allstar prospect looks like if your good in this league u put up number from day one and he's done that as soon as he cout Tye opportunity.