1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Friedman] Brand New Day (for Morris)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 15, 2012.

1. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

with the way the new F F F frontcourt- as eveidence by the new all star ballot and how the Miami Heat play- Id say Patterson should perhaps be more concerned.. the game has killed the C position and is now working on the traditional PF

wouldnt mind seeing Morris take over SF though

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Springtime for Marcus....and Ger-ma-ny...

Hey, aren't/weren't you the Morris Hayta?

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Guys, it is high time for the coaches to experiment and try to improve the team by starting Morris over Patterson. I think Morris can do everything Patterson does, with a higher dose of consistency and energy as well as creativity.

Having Morris in the starting line up would just open up the offense, with opposing defenses no longer able to just keyed up on Lin and Hardin. The only drawback is that we would need to have someone else be the spark off the bench that Morris is now providing.

Just imagine the possibilities of giving Morris 30+ minutes on a consistent basis. Maybe, just maybe we could have the type of player that CXby envision in that infamous post of his. That would be just great.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Wow what a compliment from Sampson!

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I'd like to keep Morris off the bench to give the bench scoring punch and let him finish the 4th. He'll still get 30 minutes.

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yeah, I wasn't sure he'd be able to do that against quicker SGs but he held up very well when he switched off and picked one the guards up.

Yeah, I've sort of noticed that as well. Company line was that he'd help develop players but Parsons is the only young player he's coached directly extensively (and it can be argued he really just maintained/refined his own skill sets rather then has been through any growth or development) or hasn't been coached up via extended shifts with the Vipers' staff.

Time will tell but aside from Parsons the only other product we have of development with the main team is the progress of Patterson.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Morris has always been a high potential player.

But I doubt he'll be taking Parsons' spot anytime soon. It will take an extended injury for Parsons for Morris to take the starting spot.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Not really. Patterson and parsons are marginal starters in this league. Morris is a better scorer than both,but he doesn't really have a position. He's a 4 and if u play him there in place of patterson,you will get more scoring,less defense and rebounding. Basically maurice taylor. He can't play the 3 because of his lack of lateral quickness and ball handling.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What happened to this guy? He was a post player in college who was stiff on D. Now he's draining NBA threes and staying in front of guards and even Lebron James. Weird transformation.

10. bongman

bongman Member

Are u cxbby?:p

11. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

It's crazy what hitting a couple of clutch 3's can do for peoples perceptions.

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'd actually like to see some plays where he can actually set up close to the basket. When we cut Scola we lost a lot of easy buckets. MM probably has the best chance of filling that role.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Mook's performance so far has impressed me. But let's give him a lot more games to prove he's legit before we even start discussing him unseating Parsons as the starter.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Slow your roll..... very, very, very few duos average 50 points a game. I do not even think Harden will end the season averaging 25 points a game... to expect Mook to average 25 points a game is not realistic. I would be thrilled if Mook becomes a 15 point 6-8 rebound type player with good defense.... that would make him a fantastic pick by Morey.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That was the transition that both Morey and Morris said he would be able to do.

Most people concluded that he couldn't do it after the first season but he is showing us something else this season. The 3 position looks natural to him from the way he has been playing lately, especially defensively.

16. Nook

Nook Member

He has shown lateral quickness this season so far..... but it is very early, lets see where he is at the all star break. Lets not forget PPat was playing very good defense and appeared poised to be very good, and now he is mediocre.

17. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

He changed my attitude about him last night - no longer a skeptic - He's gonna be good !!!

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's true. Unfortunately, a lot of people didn't recognize the unique offensive talent he had. You can watch him just shoot around in drills, and see he's capable of scoring in ways many can't. How many players in this league, at 6'8 +, can really rise up and make shots from 10, 15, and 20 feet? How many of them shoot up high like Morris, which makes the shot harder to contest? What he was missing was all mostly about effort and mentality.

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

20. acjeitherocket

happy for him...i still think he's trade bait tho