ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Video] Coach Sampson on how Jeremy Lin handled shooting a critical airball late vs. Heat
Tags:  basketball, heat, hornets, houston rockets, jeremy lin, kelvin sampson, miami, miami heat, nba, new orleans, new orleans hornets, video, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
This was Coach Kelvin Sampson before tonight's game against the New Orleans Hornets. He was asked about how Jeremy Lin responded to shooting an airball in the closing seconds of a 1-point game against the Miami Heat on Monday.

Say what you will about Jeremy Lin, and it's a fact that he's struggling out there, but this speaks to his high character. These are the types of people you want to see succeed.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
charlieaustin is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
charlieaustin
Contributing Member
charlieaustin is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2009
Member: #42009
Sampson drew up a great play! I'm sure Lin will get more chances in the future.

dreammvp is offline Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
dreammvp
Contributing Member
dreammvp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddreammvp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19145
Lin is a class act...hard to not to pull for a guy like that

Ron Artest, Talking about those vitamins he was eating: “I take the little gummy bear Flintstones vitamins…I try not to eat the lady. I try not to eat the man. Just give me the car. I try to find the car. Yea, worst case scenario, I eat the lady.”

valorita is offline Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
valorita
valorita is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvalorita is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvalorita is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvalorita is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36697
I have no problem w lin... Being a backup on our team

Code Red is offline Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Code Red
Code Red is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52539
*tears up*

LCII is offline Old 11-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
LCII
Contributing Member
LCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20646
*man tears*

PhiSlammaJamma is offline Old 11-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
PhiSlammaJamma
PhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #692
I think he's proven he can make big shots. Have big moments. I believe he can thrive in the clutch. But I do believe it will be going to the rim. That is where he should be making his living since he has a quick step. Ironically, this seems to apply to 4 out of our 5 starters. They should all be attacking the rim on every play to then open up dish and the three. We seem to have a step at every position on the court. Even Center I think. Asik is quick too for an oaf.

jasonemilio is offline Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
jasonemilio
jasonemilio is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjasonemilio is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25475
Well, if you're a big fan of him......put da the muffa****a in a position to SUCCEED!

Atleast put him off the bench and be that playmaking ball handler and let him be aggressive and take more chances. (and given more mins than TD of course)

Go OSU Cowboys!
ORANGE! POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima_drummer2k
As usual, people here are so quick to judge.

I guess NO ONE here has, in a moment of weakness, molested a farmyard animal. Not even once. In college. After a few too many tequila shots. Yeah, right…

Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

Zboy is offline Old 11-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
Zboy
Contributing Member
Zboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6676
One thing I am very confident about is that if Lin does not succeed it wont be because of him not trying, wanting, or caring.

It will be because his game wasn't good enough.

JJ23 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
JJ23
Rookie
JJ23 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52752
that's good BUT....jeremy is a coach's player....he nees to learn how to be more of a selfish player to some degree

TheRealist137 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
lol, I HIGHLY DOUBT he would "make the next one".

He would have like a 70% chance of missing it. Stop lying Jeremy.

sammy is offline Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5635
Lin's leg isn't right yet. He will be fine once it is.

swyyyguy is offline Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
swyyyguy
swyyyguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineswyyyguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineswyyyguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29829
how does tinmac feel about this?

HOUSTON ASTROS

u mirin' brah?

sugrlndkid is offline Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
sugrlndkid
sugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50762
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist137 View Post
lol, I HIGHLY DOUBT he would "make the next one".

He would have like a 70% chance of missing it. Stop lying Jeremy.
lol...ur too real..lol...(wiping away man tears)

Swaggerific is offline Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #15
Swaggerific
Swaggerific is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52793
Lin should have said YOLO.

Uprising is offline Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #16
Uprising
Contributing Member
Uprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2086
Hey the spit comment is gone. Good. LOF suck.

Hope the kid turns it around. His shooting is atrocious.

Clutchfans STEAM group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Clutchfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetics80 View Post
Lin > Harden

Dei is offline Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #17
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
I'm at terrible risk to be called a LOH, here, but, I have to say, for an Asian, that's nothing special. Asian are really easy to apologize. I can't say they improve on their mistakes, though. I'd care more once he starts playing better.

J-Red is offline Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
J-Red
J-Red is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggerific View Post
Lin should have said YOLO.
Anyone who says YOLO is a douche HAHAHA

kinein is offline Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #19
kinein
kinein is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #51768
Class act.

I like Sampson ~ I think he is a good Coach. The team just needs more game reps.

Alex L. is offline Old 11-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
Alex L.
Contributing Member
Alex L. is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #51861
Linspirational story....