ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
Air Langhi is offline Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
It was 13,372 last night. Usually the rockets have lousy attendance, but is it going to be even worse due to the Comcast fiasco? Maybe this will be impetus for the rockets brass to push Comcast to get a deal done. I think I am not going to go until a deal gets done.

Sponsored Link
MadMax is offline Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
It's absolutely going to be like this. It is very difficult to follow a team you can't watch on television. TV drives attendance. They advertise ticket packages...they showcase the product.

The Rockets are very much out of sight, out of mind right now for me. I hate that. I forgot there was even a game last night, because I had no way to watch it.

davidio840 is offline Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
davidio840
Contributing Member
davidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46697
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
It's absolutely going to be like this. It is very difficult to follow a team you can't watch on television. TV drives attendance. They advertise ticket packages...they showcase the product.

The Rockets are very much out of sight, out of mind right now for me. I hate that. I forgot there was even a game last night, because I had no way to watch it.
^ Bingo. I want to watch the games, so I stream them but when they are streaming on my TV I don't pay attention like I would if I were watching the game in HD. I tend to go in the other room, talk on the phone, etc. You can barely make out the faces of the players on a decent feed. It is pathetic.

I just can't watch the games like I want to. Therefore I do not pay attention. When fans can't watch the games, they don't give the Rockets any thought.

VanityHalfBlack is offline Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
VanityHalfBlack
VanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42029
Toyota Center looked absolutely empty last night... Maybe that's why they lost, weak crowd... I bet they will win more games on the road than at home...

LonghornFan is offline Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
The Rockets are very much out of sight, out of mind right now for me.

Whoa! Watch what you say there. Hangout Boy doesn't like talk like that, and he laughs at us for saying such cruel things! He actually LAUGHS AT US!

JFC.

MadMax is offline Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornFan View Post
Whoa! Watch what you say there. Hangout Boy doesn't like talk like that, and he laughs at us for saying such cruel things! He actually LAUGHS AT US!

JFC.
RM95 is good people.

LonghornFan is offline Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
That's great news, thanks.

jocar is offline Old 11-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834
Occupy Comcast

Perki-Perk is offline Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
Perki-Perk
Perki-Perk is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51004
Also, you must consider with the Texans doing so well right now, and the economy as it is, the Rockets will take a backseat at the moment.

teebone21 is offline Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
teebone21
teebone21 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49861
Texans at bears > rockets

JayZ750 is offline Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
JayZ750
Contributing Member
JayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2000
Member: #1462
I still can't figure out why they moved the games to 7 oclock. How does someone living in the burbs, or even in a neighrborhood outside the loop, taking family to a game, manage that 7 oclock start? When I used to live in Houston and go to games regularly even 7:30 was somewhat difficult.

dobro1229 is offline Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Football season in Texas>>>>> Basketball

If you put a baseball team in Liverpool and they played at the same time as Soccer(football) season attendence wouldn't be great their either.

American Football is not quite as popular in Texas as Soccer is in Liverpool, but its getting pretty close.

The Rockets have to be a contending team to sell out the arena... thats just basketball in Texas.

Genesis is offline Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
Genesis
Contributing Member
Genesis is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46468
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZ750 View Post
I still can't figure out why they moved the games to 7 oclock. How does someone living in the burbs, or even in a neighrborhood outside the loop, taking family to a game, manage that 7 oclock start? When I used to live in Houston and go to games regularly even 7:30 was somewhat difficult.
I agree. Get off work around 6, go home pick up family... weekday games are practically a no go.

moetherolla is offline Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
moetherolla
moetherolla is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51796
Sports radio talking about the Texans>>>>Rockets games

so we got harden, he gets doubled and nobody else on this roster can score.
second verse same as the first. New era...huh.

robroy77 is offline Old 11-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
robroy77
Contributing Member
robroy77 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5342
I was actually embarrassed for Harden last night. After he made a layup which was a big play in the comeback we made, he had to actually wave his arms to get the fans to cheer. In OKC the fans would have been going ape $h!t. Rockets fans are so fickle. The first game was great, but we lost and people sad...Same old team. Thats it until we start winning and Harden is going crazy again.

KiwiRocket is offline Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
KiwiRocket
KiwiRocket is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32064
I think Harden will miss the OKC home crowds the most. He was trying to get the crowd into the game last night but wasnt happening. Wish Rockets crowds were jam packed and rowdy! Would help the team out immensley

slowturtle is offline Old 11-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
slowturtle
Rookie
slowturtle is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52359
Attendance will go up once football is over and Houston has a winning record.

Eps is offline Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
Eps
Eps is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2010
Member: #46279
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanityHalfBlack View Post
Toyota Center looked absolutely empty last night... Maybe that's why they lost, weak crowd... I bet they will win more games on the road than at home...
yeah its a harsh reality compared to stadiums like MSG or Thunder. this is a big ass city with tons of people, why wouldnt the stadium be filled???
my answer is football. we're too deep rooted to it. and will not get riled up for a new rockets season like everyone has for the texans. i don't know, its kinda depressing tho. i would freaking love to see toyota center packed every single game.

moetherolla is offline Old 11-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #19
moetherolla
moetherolla is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps View Post
yeah its a harsh reality compared to stadiums like MSG or Thunder. this is a big ass city with tons of people, why wouldnt the stadium be filled???
my answer is football. we're too deep rooted to it. and will not get riled up for a new rockets season like everyone has for the texans. i don't know, its kinda depressing tho. i would freaking love to see toyota center packed every single game.

My answer is the same as last year during the playoff push. You can usuall tell if a team is winning in a sustainable fashion. Harden is not going to average 30ppg. They are an incomplete team, at least the way the rotation is. Harden looked very Martinesque last night looking for the foul and not going in strong.

HOU_ROCKETS1 is offline Old 11-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #20
HOU_ROCKETS1
HOU_ROCKETS1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52650
so Houston has the Rockets and the Texans, dallas has the mavs and the cowgirls, san antonio only has the spurs, if iam correct