1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attendance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ApuN

ApuN Member

The Rockets used to sellout when the Oilers where here. Football is not the excuse.

This team has done nothing to get riled up about.

In 14 years the Rockets have not been relevant.

Three years of no playoffs, people start to find other things to do

2. Mariachi ROCKET

I was at the game last night and it felt so weak compared to going to a game at Reliant Stadium. At RS everyone high fives and are super rowdy. TC seems so dull...

3. ptR91

ptR91 Member

was at the game yesterday and noticed i aint heard s*** from Red Rowdies, maybe i was on the opposite end of them, but from what i remember, i always heard Red Rowdies no matter what. and they have season tickets smh

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Basketball fans don't tailgate and get S$#%faced at 10AM.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Rockets ever sold out the summit regularly.

6. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

I think the attendance would be bigger if McHale would allow rookies to play. Not just any rookies, but 3 1st rounders that according to fans have lost of potential and proved that in the summerleague.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Dude, Minute Maid park has a better crowd than Toyota Center and the Astros Suck,hahahha... Face it Houston, this is not a basketball city but tickets are cheap so I don't mind...:grin:

8. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I'm trying my best to support! I'm flying in for games on Nov 21 & 23!

I wish I live in Houston, during the season at least.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

1) We're irrelevant.
    2) Texas isn't big on basketball.
    3) TV problems.

But most of all:

NBA GAMES SUCK TO GO TO.

10. King Boo

King Boo Member

I've only been to games at MSG, so the attendance at the Toyota center looks like a WNBA game to me.

My question is, are the seats in the lower bowl being sold and people just don't show up? Why don't they just let people move down and pack it up if the seats aren't sold?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You got clutch the bear acting like he's dancing bear. ****ing annoying.

12. King Boo

King Boo Member

Raptors are a laughingstock but the mini-Raptor is easily the best mascot in the NBA. I'm partial to Benny the Bull as well.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You don't know who Dancing Bear.:grin:

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

What do you expect when a team has blacked themselves out of the market; this network deal is probably the dumbest thing the Rockets have done? I hope it bites them in the pocketbook with lower ticket sales. I for one am not going to attend another game until I can watch at least some games on TV.

15. slickster

slickster Member

The announced attendance (tickets sold) is not an accurate indicator of how many people actually attend. It looked like actual attendance was at least 2K lower than announced. Perhaps 10.5K fans showed, rather than 13.3K.

I went to a sports event this summer which was "sold out." My friend and I were the only people sitting in the entire section with at least 500 seats.

Many season ticket holders are corporate fat cats who rarely show, except for the occasional marquee matchup.

There are ushers for each bowl section to ensure people don't move down.

16. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I did notice all those empty seats while watching the game online. I can't go to the games since I'm out here in Cali but once they come over to play the Kings, I'll be there. Bought my tickets already. I didn't realize how expensive good NBA tickets were :/

17. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

True. I think a good majority of them are bought by ticket resellers who are season holders and since no one wants to cough up hundreds for those seats, they go no where and thus all the empty seats.

18. slickster

slickster Member

Yeah, the scalpers have swallowed up entire sections. My guess is that the handful of stones concert tickets are being sold almost exclusively to scalpers who want to charge a huge markup.

Scalpers (ie "ticket agencies") probably entered the houston market in larger numbers with the signing of lin first and then harden.

19. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Were you there? That was a hard game to watch from where I was sitting...

20. slickster

slickster Member

Houston is just not a basketball town, as Harden is finding out. Football is king, and attending strip clubs is a close second.