ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Sports bars or restaurants that are airing Rockets games?
Tags:  basketball, comcast, houston, houston rockets, nba, red, restaurant, rockets games Tags
Clutch is offline Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
I will merge this with the Comcast providers thread eventually and try to update a list of places there, but I need to get quick answers if anyone has any.

Many can't watch the games so I'm getting asked where they can go to watch them. Anyone know of a sports bar or restaurant that has Comcast and is airing the Rockets games? If you have a good idea that they are, let me know and I'll call them to confirm.

Thanks!

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Stevierebel is offline Old 10-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Stevierebel
Contributing Member
Stevierebel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsStevierebel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsStevierebel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsStevierebel is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
I will merge this with the Comcast providers thread eventually and try to update a list of places there, but I need to get quick answers if anyone has any.

Many can't watch the games so I'm getting asked where they can go to watch them. Anyone know of a sports bar or restaurant that has Comcast and is airing the Rockets games? If you have a good idea that they are, let me know and I'll call them to confirm.

Thanks!
I would think the official "sports bar" of the Rockets, Stadia, should have the games. There are 4 locations (Pearland, Sugarland, The Woodlands, and Katy)

Pete the Cheat is offline Old 10-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Pete the Cheat
Pete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevierebel View Post
I would think the official "sports bar" of the Rockets, Stadia, should have the games. There are 4 locations (Pearland, Sugarland, The Woodlands, and Katy)
the one in Sugar Land has League Pass I believe.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both

I haven't died. Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken

Carl Herrera is offline Old 10-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
I wonder if some restaurants in Chinatown or any other areas where Chinese/Taiwanese/East Asian Americans congregate will carry Rockets games.

"Linsanity" happened during last year during a similar contract holdout in NY between the MSG Network and Time Warner cable. So, a few eateries in Chinatown were full of people watching Knicks games.

heypartner is offline Old 10-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #920
Clutch, consider making a form on your front page for restaurant/bar owners to submit themselves. It might snowball.

tmoney1101 is offline Old 10-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
tmoney1101
Contributing Member
tmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43078
This it's such a cluster ****, i haven't missed a regular season rockets game in like 20 years and if i want the streak to continue I'm going to have to pony up at the bar and fork over 30~40 bucks a game in boos just to watch them suck.

**** you Comcast.

Naismith is offline Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
Naismith
Naismith is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2002
Member: #4226
Whats the Deal?

Know Sportsbar in Hou showing Rockets??????

naismith

MorningZippo is offline Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
MorningZippo
MorningZippo is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMorningZippo is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46486
Comcast is literally the most pathetic excuse for a business I have ever seen. They'll go under when companies stop dealing with them. Sure they won the rights to broad cast rockets games, but the rockets will make sure that never happens again because of how pissed the fan base is.

bubbamerle is offline Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
bubbamerle
bubbamerle is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52305
I went to Stadia earlier this week to find out if they were going to be airing Rockets games and after spending about ten (10) minutes checking, they came back and assured me they would.

I was there at 7pm tonight. They are NOT broadcasting the game.

bubbamerle is offline Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
bubbamerle
Earlier this week, I was in touch with Nick's Place (off Westheimer near Gessner). Here is his replay on 10 OCT:

Quote:
I just ordered Comcast for Nick's Place because Directv does not have Comcast Sports Net they said 3-5 days so we should be able to get Rockets games beginning next week.

Nick Rinchiuso
Owner

joesr is offline Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
joesr
joesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejoesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZippo View Post
Comcast is literally the most pathetic excuse for a business I have ever seen. They'll go under when companies stop dealing with them. Sure they won the rights to broad cast rockets games, but the rockets will make sure that never happens again because of how pissed the fan base is.
Pretty sure that is not the case with Rockets management. I am pretty sure there was a clause of when (preseason?) agreements had to be made with other companies. Also pretty sure that ALL major cable providers have to have it by a certain deadline.

MyPlayer on NextGen, please change 'The Park' method of multi-player.

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
If a bar shows Football espessially Suday ticket they will not have Comcast.

Good luck with finding that.

Edit: Guadalajara's here in the Pavilions has Comcast. Showing the game right now. FWIW

2014's new version of I'm not a racist:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh7 View Post
Please don't label me racist for pointing these facts out, for it's not a racial issue. Even my successful african-american friends...

Last edited by REEKO_HTOWN; 10-12-2012 at 10:07 PM.

bubbamerle is offline Old 10-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
bubbamerle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Anyone know of a sports bar or restaurant that has Comcast and is airing the Rockets games? If you have a good idea that they are, let me know and I'll call them to confirm.

Thanks!
This is the latest replay I received from the Rockets (Guest Services):
So far we have been able to gather a list of downtown locations that will be playing the Rockets games. Here is what we have so far:

Name; Phone Number; Address

43rd Restaurant; (713) 739-6550; 1415 Louisiana Ste 4300
Benihana; (713) 659-8231; 1318 Louisiana St Ste 4300
Houston Center Club; (713) 654-0877; 1100 Caroline Top Level
Houston Club; 713-225-1661; 811 Rusk Ste 700
Hyatt Regency Hotel; (713) 654-1234; 1200 Louisiana
Luther's BBQ; (713) 432-1107; 1100 Smith St
Don Patron Bar and Grill; (713) 659-1050; 500 Dallas St Ste P50
Ninfas Park; (713) 655-8206; 1200 McKinney Ste 355
Birraporettis; (713) 224-5870; 500 Louisiana
Post Oak Grill; (713) 650-1700; 1111 Louisiana Unit B-100
Chesterfield's; (713) 571-2010; 1010 Lamar Lower Plaza 30
Guadalajara Restaurant; (713) 650-0101; 1201 Fannin Ste 141
House of Blues; (888) 402-5837; 1201 Fannin St Ste 300
Lucky Strike Houston; (713) 343-3300; 1201 San Jacinto Ste 321
Andalucia Tapas Restaurant and Bar; (832) 319-6673; 1201 San Jacinto Ste 161
District 7; (713) 751-0660; 1001 Louisiana St B-030
Tony's Restaurant; (713) 622-6778; 3755 Richmond
Papa's BBQ; (713) 780-0081; 9797 Westheimer
Truluck's; (713) 783-7270; 5350 Westheimer

Iíll let you know once we get more info!

chrispbrown is offline Old 10-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #14
chrispbrown
chrispbrown is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodchrispbrown is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45064
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbamerle View Post
Earlier this week, I was in touch with Nick's Place (off Westheimer near Gessner). Here is his replay on 10 OCT:
Is that place fun? 1560 pumps them so much...I've wanted to go but just haven't gotten around to it.

The Summit is offline Old 10-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
The Summit
Contributing Member
The Summit is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispbrown View Post
Is that place fun? 1560 pumps them so much...I've wanted to go but just haven't gotten around to it.
Canyon Creek bar on Westcott has Comcast and airs the Rockets, I watched the first preseason game against OKC there. 99% of sports bars don't have Comcast though because of NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV.

Sadat X is offline Old 10-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #16
Sadat X
Sadat X is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSadat X is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSadat X is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47102
Canyon Creek off of Westscott has them. We have watched every preseason game over there so far

white-lite is offline Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
white-lite
white-lite is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39304
I believe any sports bar in Houston would have access to the rockets games

LonghornFan is offline Old 10-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #18
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Summit View Post
Canyon Creek bar on Westcott has Comcast and airs the Rockets, I watched the first preseason game against OKC there. 99% of sports bars don't have Comcast though because of NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV.
Cereal? That's the last place I thought would have this and it's like a street behind my house! Damnit!! I need a reason to have a bucket of beer and catfish!

LonghornFan is offline Old 10-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-lite View Post
I believe any sports bar in Houston would have access to the rockets games
You would be wrong. Most all have Direct TV for Sunday football.

Prince is offline Old 10-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #20
Prince
Prince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41044
was able to download rockets games in HD. FK U COMCAST.