1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports bars or restaurants that are airing Rockets games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2012.

1. kgw

kgw Member

T-Bones on TC Jester had the game.

2. StevieCrossover

Went to 4 different bars tonight. Called like 10 bars and a few of them said yes. When I showed up, they were using their direct tv's to try and change it to the game but all they got was nothing.

3. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

I went to Lucky's as well. The beer was indeed cheap, and it was definitely packed, but I've seen worse. I just struck up a conversation with a fellow fan and sat at a table with three other people that didn't know each other either but just wanted to catch the game.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

still think they have best chips and queso in the city.

5. Jake's

Jake's Member

Rockets / NBA Games

We took over Jake's September 1, and for those that did not like the food before, they should try again. We have expanded the menu, added numerous appetizers, added a hamburger that is getting great reviews and full alcohol will be available in the next 30-40 days. The food is fresher, more consistent, and with more options.

Pertaining to Rocket Games, we all had a few hick-ups yesterday evening because of Comcast and their recent control box modifications. Comcast did not have us on until the 2nd Period. We have some longtime Rocket Fans and we will be showing every Rocket game one way or another and we just added our Direct TV NBA package. We're still reorganizing the interior and when completed, we will have +/- 12 large screen HD TV's and an additional +/- 20' of bar with HD monitors every few feet.

Currently we are open 11-11 and the kitchen closes at 10, but with full bar we will be expanding our open and kitchen hours and in the next few weeks we will be bring back breakfast taco's 5 days a week starting at 7 A.M.!

If somebody finds something they don't like about the "new" Jake's Philly Steaks and Sports Bar...you let management know and we'll fix it immediately. We brought in two notable servers and managers from the defunct Mama's Cafe and they do a great job and they will take care of anything you need including reserving tables and channel selections.

Thank you,

Jake's.

6. Jake's

Jake's Member

Jake's Philly Steaks and Rockets Games

We took over Jake's September 1, and for those that did not like the food before, they should try again. We have expanded the menu, added numerous appetizers, added a hamburger that is getting great reviews and full alcohol will be available in the next 30-40 days. The food is fresher, more consistent, and with more options.

Pertaining to Rocket Games, we all had a few hick-ups yesterday evening because of Comcast and their recent control box modifications. Comcast did not have us on until the 2nd Period. We have some longtime Rocket Fans and we will be showing every Rocket game one way or another and we just added our Direct TV NBA package. We're still reorganizing the interior and when completed, we will have +/- 12 large screen HD TV's and an additional +/- 20' of bar with HD monitors every few feet.

Currently we are open 11-11 and the kitchen closes at 10, but with full bar we will be expanding our open and kitchen hours and in the next few weeks we will be bring back breakfast taco's 5 days a week starting at 7 A.M.!

If somebody finds something they don't like about the "new" Jake's Philly Steaks and Sports Bar...you let management know and we'll fix it immediately. We brought in two notable servers and managers from the defunct Mama's Cafe and they do a great job and they will take care of anything you need including reserving tables and channel selections.

Thank you,

Jake's.

7. Jakes

Jakes New Member

ROCKETS will been shown at Jake's Philly Steaks

We've experienced the mass rush of phone calls from all over Houston asking if we're showing the Rockets! Luckily for us, we have comcast as a backup in the event that weather blows out our DirecTV. Well, that proved to be a blessing! We are in the process of cross wiring all of our TVs to viewing both providers without having to switch cabling. A simple input change and we can switch between the two. We showed the Rockets game on Halloween and had many happy customers because of it. We are going to continue our Happy Hour pricing during all the games, like we do for all of the football games.

Jake's Philly Steaks - 2944 Chimney Rock (between Westheimer and Richmond) - 713-781-1962.

Come join us for all the fun. FYI - we are the new owners as of Sept. 1st, so we've added larger TVs and updated all of our equipment to HD!

8. Spott

Spott New Member

... in Austin.

I'm in North Austin and would be interested in watching some Rockets games this season. If there are any watching parties, I'll try to make it out.

9. jtagtp

jtagtp Member

Anyone in bentwater, Conroe, montgomery area find somewhere to watch they game or open there house to another rocket fan?

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So I'll bein Katy this evening and would love to watch a game finally! Anyone know of a spot in Katy?

11. B

B Contributing Member

#91 B, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I was told by someone on here that Buffalo Wild Wings on Fry has the games.

13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I went to the one in katy yesterday and they disnt have either......

14. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

The Men's Club has the game. :grin:

15. B

B Contributing Member

16. B

B Contributing Member

Finally found a place in my area after 20+ calls, and two false positives last night.

Clear Lake Area:
    El Dorado Mexican Restaurant
    1962 El Dorado Boulevard, Houston, TX 77062
    (281) 461-6158

I have added it to the map. I'll keep an eye on this thread and continue to add locations.

17. B

B Contributing Member

18. justtxyank

I just called the buffalo wilf wings that's on your map and they do not have comcast

19. justtxyank

Can confirm the one at fry has Comcast and is showing games

20. B

B Contributing Member

Guess this post was incorrect. I have updated the spreadsheet and the map.

I called the BW3's on Fry Rd to confirm, they said they just installed Comcast this week.

Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar
    19910 Park Row Drive
    Katy, TX 77449
    Crossing at Fry Road‎
    (281) 579-7541

#100 B, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012