ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

McHale "threw a fit" over losing Dragic, will leave after season?
Tags:  basketball, goran dragic, houston rockets, jeremy lin, kevin mchale, kyle lowry, nba, phoenix, raptors, steve nash Tags
mrdan is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
mrdan
Contributing Member
mrdan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2007
Member: #22837
From New York Daily News
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...1124330?pgno=1

Quote:
POINT OF CONCERN FOR MCHALE
Houston coach Kevin McHale was said to have thrown a fit when the Rockets allowed their free agent playmaker, Goran Dragic, to go to Phoenix to replace the departed Steve Nash. McHale even lamented that the Rockets traded off another point guard, Kyle Lowry, with whom he often clashed, to the Raptors.

So now McHale has been reduced to hoping that Jeremy Lin is as good as his superiors believe the former Knick sensation will be in his second go-round for the Rockets. Publicly, McHale is toeing the company line on his newly-minted $25 million playmaker, saying all the right things. But coaching friends who have talked to him about Lin and the rebuilding Rockets have gotten the sense that this could be his final season in Houston.
Personally, I don't believe anything coming out of NYDN, and they are the only source reporting this that I have found.

Sponsored Link
BigBird is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
BigBird
Contributing Member
BigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51060
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdan View Post
Personally, I don't believe anything coming out of NYDN, and they are the only source reporting this that I have found.
Well...you said it right there. Although I would love to see McHale throwing a "fit"

Angkor Wat is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006
I hope it's true. Mchale is the weakest link on the team.

daywalker02 is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
daywalker02
daywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Nope.... but McHale not in the long term plans
He is flat out the better commentator .... not bad as a coach overall though as I thought but definitely not Top 10

[CBS] It's hard to say what could really get Howard back in the good graces of the public eye other than winning. The Rockets probably have to make at least the second round this season and he needs to be the best player on the team.

DonnyMost is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
DonnyMost
Contributing Member
DonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 2003
Member: #12152
New York Daily News.

Do you really need an explanation at this point?

Every NY media outlet is falling all over itself to s**t on the Rockets.

Take a hefty dose of salt when you read those toilet mags.

Rockets2K is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Rockets2K
Clutch Crew
Rockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1351
Quote:
From NYDN via IAMAGM.com

Doesn't that tell you something?

It means more than likely this is a huge crock of crap made up out of someone's imagination.

dialtone888 is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
dialtone888
Rookie
dialtone888 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51813
Quote:
From New York Daily News

what is throwing a fit mean?

HMMMHMM is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47207
Well, that might not be the worst thing in the world.

I do buy the story. If you read between the lines, there's certainly something there, which is why I thought people were wrong for giving CH grief for his "Y NO McHale show up at press conference" thread.

BleedRocketsRed is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
BleedRocketsRed
Contributing Member
BleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43195
Meh I'd be pissed if I were McHale.

Team is obviously tanking. They will probably suck for the next two seasons, get high draft picks and then fire him. Just a difficult situation for a head coach.

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #10
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
Chris Finch come on down.

McHale should know his place.

Aruba77 is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
From NYDN via IAMAGM.com

Of course McHale is frustrated. He's a coach. His job is to win games. His job is to make the playoffs. He's not going to do either with the current roster. Do we need to take one step backwards to take two steps forwards? Probably. That's Morey's job. We haven't tried that strategy since before the Dream years, so I'm all for it. But reporting that McHale is frustrated over trying to win with a lotto team, is like reporting that Machado would not be content with being a backup PG his entire career. Nothing to see hear folks. The NY Daily News is one step above the NY Post, which is one step above the National Enquirer, which is one step above the British tabloids. Never forget that we are permenantly on NYC's ****-list for stealing Jermey Lin. They are angry, bitter, and jealous. If the Knicks organization had a soul or any semblence of something to be genuinely excited about, it was Linsanity last year. We pooped on their dreams. NY media venom should be taken in a shot glass and tossed back with a smile.

Angkor Wat is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006
i dont care what you guys say about the NY papers. i love their headline puns!

Rockets Jones is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
Rockets Jones
Rockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31634
I like it, he can go.

DieHard Rocket is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
DieHard Rocket
Contributing Member
DieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1882
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedRocketsRed View Post
Meh I'd be pissed if I were McHale.

Team is obviously tanking. They will probably suck for the next two seasons, get high draft picks and then fire him. Just a difficult situation for a head coach.
Did he really expect any different when taking this job? I mean, they fired Rick Adelman, an all-time great winning coach, because he wouldn't play the young players and wanted more control. I'm sure McHale understood that it would be a work in progress until a star is acquired.

Personally, I don't think they'll fire him without giving him a legitimate roster first, unless we just become downright terrible and the talent is not developed. 30 wins should keep his job IMO.

smr6 is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
smr6
smr6 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesmr6 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesmr6 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #50992
LMAO NY media seems to have a sudden tendency to publish negative stories about the Rockets that apparently they hear about before any media in Houston does.

rocketman84 is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
rocketman84
rocketman84 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketman84 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12920
Bring back JVG!

coachbadlee is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Well, we all knew that he was just grooming Finch, anyway. The only news here is that McHale was upset(like all of us were) about losing both starting caliber PG's.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

TexAg713 is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
TexAg713
TexAg713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTexAg713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45809
inb4 carl herrera's 'i told you so'

HorneR is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #19
HorneR
HorneR is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42722
Not like the story has any legs... but on the off chance it does: good, get McHale out of here. He won't be missed.

dialtone888 is offline Old 07-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
dialtone888
Rookie
dialtone888 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba77 View Post
Nothing to see hear folks. The NY Daily News is one step above the NY Post, which is one step above the National Enquirer, which is one step above the British tabloids. Never forget that we are permenantly on NYC's ****-list for stealing Jermey Lin. .
but there's no other new threads to talk about.......