1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "threw a fit" over losing Dragic, will leave after season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. redlawn

redlawn Member

McHale shouldn't be too upset. As was the case for D'Antoni, working with Lin could be a tremendous boon to his coaching career.

2. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

Same owner - News Corporation

I took the liberty of "google-ing" Fox News. I was curious. NY Post and Fox News (basically anything that has "Fox" i.e. 20th Century Fox) are owned by News Corporation.

3. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

Not a New Yorker, nor a local of H-town but a Bay Arean here wanting to echo Carol's warning to Rockets.

NYDN is Frank Isola's playground where he bulllies Lin to ad nauseam. It was all hunky dorey when the Knicks were winning with Lin but as soon as he got hurt and the misunderstood quote of 85% regarding his knee, it was all downhill from there. In fact, Isola has never gotten over that statement to this day and is evident on NYDN and his twitter feed. Open season on Jeremy Lin on Isola's twitter feed.

I am sure there are people here that are saying "Not everything is about Lin." Not when it comes to Isola. Isola's MO is "...sources close to the player", "...sources who works closely with the coach", never a direct quote, hiding behind the journalist clause "never to reveal your source or you will lose credibility." Seriously, though? The NYDN is credible?

If the world should end, Isola will blame it on Lin. Anyone is guitly by association. McHale is the head coach for the Rockets, and who plays for the Rockets now? Jeremy Lin. He's declaring open season on anything Rockets now too (or so it seems). It is unfortunate for anyone to be abused by one who has no regard for the truth. Hence, Isola writes for a tabloid. Almost everyone rode on that Linsanity bandwagon, the only one not on it, was Jeremy Lin.

Next time you read something from NY, consider the source, especially from one named Frank Isola.

Now back to our regular programming.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

ha ha

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am not so sure about this. With MDA he was on the verge of being fired prior to when Lin came in so it was a little bit different. And Dantoni already worked with Nash as well right.

6. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

7. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

Totally agree

8. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

I dont blame McHale, although we got lin...