1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would James Harden be worth a max offer.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmt1334, Jun 5, 2012.

?

Would you like to see Harden get a max deal from the Rockets

1. yes

285 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. no

246 vote(s)
    46.3%
  1. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

On the Scott Van Pelt radio show today they agreed the Thunder should pick Ibaka when their contracts end. Ryan's reason was Harden is not a Max player but will commmand that kind of offer. He compared him to Joe Johnson. The question is, would you like it if the Rockets offered James Harden a max deal. I would love to see James harden get that deal in houston. He is 22 and already a top 5 shooting guard in my opinion. You can run an offense through him, and he is clutch.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

3. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's no problem. :grin:

5. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Sure it's a retread thread - I'd like to see the poll results though...

6. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Of course I would. If he doesn't get one here, some other team will. He's the best young SG in the league.

8. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I'm not sure he's worth it...but the Rockets should give it to him if it were to ever become an option.

15x better than any player we currently have.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He's yet to peak and he doesn't choke in the playoffs. Get this guy and his beard and pay them whatever they want.

10. Crank

Crank Member

How is this a question?

Harden is clutch. Plays D. Could easily start on any team. His role coming off the bench suites him but so would a starter role. I wouldn't bat an eye offering him a max deal. He has a Ginobili type energy.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Harden a max contract player?

Damn if that is the case i'm not sure the new CBA achieved its goals. Guys like harden are solid but they aren't franchise players you build around. I know i might be in the minority but in my opinion a max player is either an all star level big like Dwight Howard, or a superstar perimeter player like lebron james, or durant.

With all that said if i was the rockets i might consider giving him the max because i'm not sure we can ever get one of those true superstars to come to houston. Tough decision that i will leave to the experts Mr.Murray.

12. Moahst

Moahst Member

He's great, and probably worth a max contract, but he's a pretty awful defender right now.

13. Summer Song Giver

To the OP yes,, yes Harden is worth a MAX Deal, Joe Johnson too.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hardens a really good SG but a max player ? I dont think so .... Tho I do think a team will offer him max $$.

15. arjun

arjun Member

he's a $12mil/yr player...not $18-$20mil/yr like durant/lebron/wade/kobe/dwight level

i can see him averaging 23/5/5 at his peak

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'll say yes to JJ or Harden as max players for the sake of an argument, but do they really deserve anything over $13-$15 MM. $15 MM is pushing it.

JJ is not worth anything over $17, yet for the next 4 seasons he's making $19MM -$25MM (24.89 MM). That's absolutely insane for any shooting guard not named Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant.

Neither Harden, JJ, or Gay are deserving of those kind contracts.

17. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

I sort of agree with you. Would I be ok with Harden getting a max deal yes, do I think he deseves it, probably not. Max contracts should really only go to guys who can be the go to guy on a championship team. By that theory there are about 7 guys that deserve them. I have a question for you though. Do you think borderline elite big men such as Hibbert, Aldrige, both Gasols, Love, or Blake Griffin are worth more? Do you think they effect the game more?

18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Rashard Lewis says hi.

1 person likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is held back because he plays behind Durant and Westbrook, the Rockets he would be our best player by FAR, and probably worthy of a max offer.

DD

20. arjun

arjun Member

he is held back by durant and westbrook. but no, i still don't think he's worth above $14 mil/year at the peak of his contract