1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would James Harden be worth a max offer.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmt1334, Jun 5, 2012.

?

Would you like to see Harden get a max deal from the Rockets

1. yes

285 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. no

246 vote(s)
    46.3%
  1. arjun

arjun Member

imagine pairing harden with dwight howard and some good athletic role players around them.

Damn.

1 person likes this.
  2. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

15 million a year. Scores in clutch, creates for others, can do pretty much everything. What's not to like? Yes please.

3. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Goes both ways. Opposing team's top defenders aren't on Harden, allowing him better looks at the basket. His two memorable baskets this playoffs were against a rookie from Spurs and Jason Kidd's corpse.

Doesn't take away from his clutchness one bit. I'd still love to have him on the team.

He'll definitely get the max from somebody, but not sure he's truly worth the max (aka Morey won't pay).

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

How's he held back by Durant and Westbrook. Honestly, I believe it sort of helps his game. He might/will struggle more when defenses key in on him. Consider that teams cannot give him too much attention, because of Durant, Westbrook, and even to an extent Ibaka.

Trade Durant out for say Lee ,Parsons, or Dragic. There's a big drop-off with that.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I love the guys game... it goes both ways that he is held back by having two superstars ahead of him as well as benefits him by getting lesser defenders... the thing is he is YOUNG... we havent had you allstar potential players since we drafted yao... its definately something we should consider... would he become joe.johnson? Maybe... but i believe hell become james harden... he plays the game and he plays it well... no need to unfairly judge him to jj... besides i dont think anyone will throw him jj money... 18-20 a yr i can see but not 25 a yr...

6. onreego

onreego Member

Imagine getting Dwight and signing Dwill, and then Harden next season....Every Rockets Fan's wet dream. Morey would get to breath for once. :eek:

7. coweye

coweye Member

I'm not sure about a max contract but I want to see this guy in our colours. Overall I hope our coach wont be a problem in Free Agency because not everybody can handle McHale and his way of coaching.

8. arjun

arjun Member

Harden is a much better play maker than JJ ever was. He can be used in more variety of ways as well.

Still wouldn't pay Harden what JJ is being paid right now regardless...that is only top 5 player money.

9. dmoneybangbang

Wonder what OKC would want to get n return for Hardin? I wouldn't mind dangling that #6 pick (traded for Lowry) + whatever in front of OKC and seeing what they say.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Can't we just Patrick Patterson to grow his own beard?

Oh wait I forgot, you don't choose the beard. The beard chooses YOU.

11. arjun

arjun Member

Guys, harden is still under contract for next season, is he not?

Why would okc trade him this offseason?? Lolll

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He's not going anywhere for sure.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His number of touches on the Rockets would sky rocket.

DD

14. amaru

amaru Member

LOL....talk about a pipe dream.

15. amaru

amaru Member

You would probably have to pay Harden near that kind of money to come here......why would he want to play in houston otherwise?

16. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

IMHO, it's easy to be a great player when your playing along with other superstars. He is the second or third best player on his team. When you put him alone on a team full of crappy/mediocre players, he will be forgotten just like the rest of them.

17. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I live in OKC and watch a lot of Thunder games.

Harden has size can shoot, drive, handle, rebound, facilitate the offense and is 22.

He is proving his value during these playoffs and will command a max contract.

I think he is worth it... I questioned it before the playoffs but playoffs are where you make your name. The JJ's and Gays of the world got their money during the regular season.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This is true.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If I were Sam Presti, I would call up Charlotte when they are on the clock on draft night and offer them Westbrook straight up for the #2 pick, take it or leave it. And I'd make sure it was a secret, that nobody else knew I was making that offer so I could deny it later.