Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner
dd89 is offline Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #81
dd89
dd89 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47371
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGHurNAMEis View Post
She's still a milf? She still got a pu$$y? & ain't got any STDs? Bring her on through for a run or two. Ha!
for Hill, Flynn, Thabeet and or Squid. For sure!

for Chandler, Bud? NO F***ing way. I don't like the doormat attitude of some people here.

Sponsored Link
HiGHurNAMEis is offline Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #82
HiGHurNAMEis
HiGHurNAMEis is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdogg36 View Post
He's going to be 34 in oct...his scoring is down...I would rather keep parsons and have the flexibility to get a younger talented player that can help us now as well as in future..pierce is not as good defender now as parsons is, not as good rebounder either...not saying he isn't better overall than parsons but to make salaries match it wouldn't be worth it

Were you aware of the contribution Parsons was going to bring after you saw him play this year or after? Is Morris not capable of doing the same thing if not more?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/marcus-morris

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/chandler-parsons

I'm not saying Morris is or isn't. I am saying give him the equal opportunity just as Parsons, to prove him self serviceable. Meanwhile improving your starting five tremendously in addition bringing an all star with championship pedigree. Who McHale would love to coach & have going into battle with him during the playoffs.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 02-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #83
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Were you aware of the contribution Parsons was going to bring after you saw him play this year or after? Is Morris not capable of doing the same thing if not more?

I'm not saying Morris is or isn't. I am saying give him the equal opportunity just as Parsons, to prove him self serviceable. Meanwhile improving your starting five tremendously in addition bringing an all star with championship pedigree. Who McHale would love to coach & have going into battle with him during the playoffs.

Keep Parsons. Give them Busty Morris.

HiGHurNAMEis is offline Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #84
HiGHurNAMEis
Quote:
Were you aware of the contribution Parsons was going to bring after you saw him play this year or before? Is Morris not capable of doing the same thing if not more?

Correction (in bold).

HiGHurNAMEis is offline Old 02-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #85
HiGHurNAMEis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post

How do you know Morris is bust(y)? Lol.

HiGHurNAMEis is offline Old 02-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #86
HiGHurNAMEis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd89 View Post
for Hill, Flynn, Thabeet and or Squid. For sure!

for Chandler, Bud? NO F***ing way. I don't like the doormat attitude of some people here.

Not a bad alternative trade. Although we'd have to wait on Hill to heal from injury to pass the physical & add either Parsons, or Bud, in addition a pick possibly. In that case I'd keep Bud we would need scoring & spacing off the bench at that point & not so much defense. Or you could keep Parsons for defensive purposes b/c he is so versatile where he can guard the 1, 2, or 3. That night he held Curry was epic. Either way we get to keep one with your proposal which I like a lot more than the initial b/c I do feel we need to keep as much depth as possible at the 3. & continue to develop Morris & or Parsons/Bud.

& by squid I assume you are referring to T-Will lol. He does look like Squidward lol not that you mention that nickname. Ha!

Samdogg36 is offline Old 02-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #87
Samdogg36
Samdogg36 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #50023
Quote:

I watched parsons since he came to the gators, they are my fav college team so I wasn't surprised he was able to step up to NBA level...his rebounding was better than Morris despite fact he played small forward and Morris was a pf, better d, passing, overall game (sec player of the year)...not saying Morris is a bum but I would've picked parsons based on what I saw watching his growth and his play

kjayp is offline Old 02-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #88
kjayp
Contributing Member
kjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19684
old old old.... but seein as sf is prob our weakest spot... i'd giveup the capspace for a collection of expirings and Bud...maybe add a 2nd rd pick... or would prob throw in Chandler too - if Morris is on track...

We didn't tank - and we're on the rise.... remember that the next time you wanna rail about some 'treadmill of mediocrity...' I'll take DM's ability over the randomness of some ping pong balls anyday!

HiGHurNAMEis is offline Old 02-26-2012, 03:20 AM   #89
HiGHurNAMEis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdogg36 View Post
I watched parsons since he came to the gators, they are my fav college team so I wasn't surprised he was able to step up to NBA level...his rebounding was better than Morris despite fact he played small forward and Morris was a pf, better d, passing, overall game (sec player of the year)...not saying Morris is a bum but I would've picked parsons based on what I saw watching his growth and his play

Touche!
How bout we keep both Parsons & Morris? & tweak the deal by adding Hill although in the event of an injury we lack depth at the 4 & 5 then. But hey, Morris is a tweener so that might work out in our favor, depending on the seriousness of the injury & to who it is (only if Adrien didn't bolt for Europe). Didn't know Parsons was SEC POTY that explains a lot.

SEC POTY ≥ BiG XII POTY 2011. We shall see.

JMAD21 is offline Old 02-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #90
JMAD21
JMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44870
If Boston would accept that deal, then I would say pull the trigger if we can't do anything else...

It makes us instant contenders but could possibly hurt us in the long run, unless Pierce can take fellow Jayhawk under his wing and help him become our next Allstar!

GunsUP!!!

Follow me on twitter- @joshreed21

xiki is offline Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #91
xiki
Contributing Member
xiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4978
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCorn View Post
I was thinking about that a while ago. I think we could get him for fairly cheap, and he could take over in the fourth for Martin.
Pierce is Mr Celtic, a lifer. He'll be the last of the Big Three er, Four to go. And for expirings and a 20ish #1? Not. One. Chance. Which is a shame.

daywalker02 is offline Old 02-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #92
daywalker02
daywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #19255
Quote:
I am looking forward to watching him.....
Markieff slammed some home and seemed pretty athletic in the RookSoph Challenge. It should be in the DNA.

[CBS] It's hard to say what could really get Howard back in the good graces of the public eye other than winning. The Rockets probably have to make at least the second round this season and he needs to be the best player on the team.

OremLK is offline Old 02-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #93
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #45024
Quote:
You're going to look real dumb if Morris winds up being an all star after all this trolling, Carl.

At least DD will be happy that somebody else is the whipping boy.

daywalker02 is offline Old 02-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #94
daywalker02
daywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #19255
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
You're going to look real dumb if Morris winds up being an all star after all this trolling, Carl.

At least DD will be happy that somebody else is the whipping boy.
Opinions were going around and majority said he was a solid pick...... Experts have him as high up as 10th spot in the draft mainly because of his developed game and not his untapped potential.

He is solid.... whether at 4 or 3.

[CBS] It's hard to say what could really get Howard back in the good graces of the public eye other than winning. The Rockets probably have to make at least the second round this season and he needs to be the best player on the team.

Angkor Wat is online now Old 02-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #95
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006
Rather have p2 than gasol

nadman89 is offline Old 02-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #96
nadman89
nadman89 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48205
switch parsons with twill !

Samdogg36 is offline Old 02-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #97
Samdogg36
Samdogg36 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #50023
Quote:
Touche!
How bout we keep both Parsons & Morris? & tweak the deal by adding Hill although in the event of an injury we lack depth at the 4 & 5 then. But hey, Morris is a tweener so that might work out in our favor, depending on the seriousness of the injury & to who it is (only if Adrien didn't bolt for Europe). Didn't know Parsons was SEC POTY that explains a lot.

SEC POTY ≥ BiG XII POTY 2011. We shall see.

Yeah I am with u on that one...sound good

rock4ever is offline Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #98
rock4ever
rock4ever is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #44975
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejav View Post
Hell no..
Ur an idiot if your so wouldn't take Pierce after only giving up Chase & Parsons. At his age, Pierce contributes more than both of them and more consistently

Codman is offline Old 02-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #99
Codman
Contributing Member
Codman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2698
It all depends on Morey's mindset. A move for pierce is more of a "Win Now" move. Pierce only has a small window left.

If the move was made for pierce, then a move has to be made for a legit big man.

Trading youth for Paul doesn't make sense if we're still in "Win Soon' mode.

-Linsanity is thankfully gone; now we just need an antidote for McHale's incompetence.
-My loves: Family. Friends. Rockets .Teaching underprivileged, yet highly-motivated, teenagers. Coaching High School/AAU/GCU ball (We are Division 1 now!)

HiGHurNAMEis is offline Old 02-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #100
HiGHurNAMEis
Let's say we acquire Pierce. He doesn't pan out this year & game digresses tremendously next year. We have the option to trade him as an expiring contract in the off season or around the trade deadline or amnesty him this summer & be back into the FA picture. Which I feel isn't that strong outside of the household names which we really don't have a great chance at acquiring based off of history (household names & our pitch [swing, miss, strikeout like]) within the last few season.

The chances of Pierce not being productive, contributing in more ways than one (on the court, in the locker room, & development of Morris or whoever), & not going deeper into the playoffs than the last two years or three if you want to include the last playoff run are, slim to none. On a scale of 1-3 I say a 1 simply using whole numbers. With Pierce we have a 2/3 chance making it to the first round. With Parson & Bud we have a 3/3 chance getting knocked out the first round.

This is a win-win situation. Now & moving forward.