1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HiGHurNAMEis, Feb 25, 2012.

1. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Quick question:

Hypothetically we pull this trade off, does that team look more attractive to possible free agents?

Seeing that a starting five of Lowry, K-Mart, Pierce, Scola, Bear all are locked up for at least one more year.

We might have the money to get a Hibbert or definitely Kaman with Dragic, Lee, & Hill walking next year. Could bring over Llull & fill any other void with our remaining pick in the second round.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wonder if the Rockets can do a 3 way with Pau to Houston and Pierce to Lakers and Houston sending pieces to both.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Interesting, not totally against it. I wouldn't give up that pick though

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He's the only one of those guys who's still playing relatively well this year.

KG is on a sharper decline and Ray is 2nd in that category.

If we kept Morris (I know you love him, Carl ;) ) and DMo, then I might be okay with the move....although it still leaves us with Scola, who also is (generally) on the decline (although playing a little better lately).

Your suggestion of the 3 way makes more sense to me overall, given we don't throw all our players away on the deal.

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i'm ok with acquiring PP...just got a feelin that DM will work with the Celtic connections this trade deadline..

6. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

7. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

For just thabeet, williams, parsons, budinger and picks? anybody who says no to that trade should go die. We basically gain an allstar for 2 years for nothing, i mean parsons/bud is nice but still very well worth it. If you could pull off that we could still trade for another allstar, ***** we could still trade for 2 allstars. Imagine Pau,lowry,Pierce or Pau,D-will,Pierce or even Dwight,Pierce,D-will. Lol now i know that highly unlikely but it is still a possibility.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You know......I can see something like this happening....Morey teaming up with Ainge to make something happen.

10. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Tim Duncan is old (35). Steve Nash is old (38). Jason Kidd is old (38). Grant Hill is old (39). The thing about all these players except maybe Hill is none of them were/are superbly athletic (after the injuries Hill adjusted his game) that is the main thing age takes away from, athleticism. Their skills have improved, they adjusted to the game with age, & continue to play at a decent level among a league filled with youth. Paul Pierce has never been an super freak athlete so his age isn't really diminishing anything significant to his game.

Hell Jordan retired and came back at the age of 38. & put up 52 one game & averaged 22ppg & 5apg that season.

Now I'm not saying Pierce or any of the players above are Jordan, however you can't use the argument that they or Pierce himself is old. It's irrelevant. Although three of the players I mentioned are HOF bound.

& yes we wouldn't be a elite team yet, but we are one step closer. Right now we are above average as the team stands. & I'm not knocking us at all for the condensed season we are a perfect fit. Come playoff time we will get exposed though.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Keep Parsons and it's a deal.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Gotta admit, I like it.

13. Htown's2kFinest

He's definitely brings what this team needs most:

A star player and closer.

But he is old even though he's still got plenty of game left. Giving up all our SFs for him plus more is a bit too much I think. I'd like to keep one of those guys so we would have a backup to Pierce. Maybe Murray can land a home run and get Gasol too.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

that team would be worst than our current team as is constructed.

Sometimes I wonder whether you people pay attention to the NBA.

15. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Are you kidding? I don't think you know how valuable these pieces are, so I'll explain:

Have 2 - 7 footers, a player who can legitimately close a game. Having an overall upgraded defense (getting rid of Scola and Martin), without losing offensive production (Gasol and Pierce are huge upgrades over our current roster on offense).

A scorer off the bench in Beasley (taking a Harden type role), and decent role players still left.

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Lowry
    Lee
    Pierce
    Gasol
    Dalembert

Looks like a contender to me.

17. Stilldream'n34

One question. How can the Celtics take back so many contracts? The Celtics don't have the roster spots to take back that many players

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes I'd do the trade. Even with Parsons included and everyone saying "Keep Parsons..." well no, then the Celtics wouldn't do it.

Why would I do it?

We are not getting more for the 09 busts than that, Pierce would be a good get. 34 but for this year it would make the rockets a very tough out in the playoffs. Pierce is a fiery guy, pair him up with Lowry...and maybe his emotion in the clutch will brush up on Martin and make him better as well.

What are we really losing in this deal? Parsons is a solid player, that's all he is right now and just my opinion his upside is mot much from what he is now. I don't know if Pierce now makes the Rockets a contender but he does make us a dangerous team.

19. teebone21

teebone21 Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo