1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HiGHurNAMEis, Feb 25, 2012.

1. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Correction: OUT instead of the

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Pierce cannot be amnestied if he is traded.

3. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

>:\ ... Wanted to refute any possible priori argument against pulling the trigger for Pierce. Failure I accept you.

Thanks for that clarification on the clause though.

4. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Do not want.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would probably take back Pierce if we can't get any other stars, if he doesn't cost too much and if Morey also upgrades our front court in some way. Like getting Kaman or some other starting caliber center. Three big "ifs".

I think something like Pierce + Kaman for non-core rotation players is a good Plan C type backup plan.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Pierce doesn't want to be here.......

I would be shocked if Boston traded him because of what he meant for the franchise.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

No thanks!!! PP is not the answer at 34 years old.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I remember when I suggest Paul Peirce during the TMAC years
    everyone was sooo down on him. . .. . .

I was very Pro-Peirce . . . even at TMac's best . . .. Peirce
    was only slightly less statistically but INFINITELY more clutch and gritty

Had he been here during the MING years. . .we would have definately gone further

alas
    time to burn this field down and rebuild. . . not put up another scare crow

Rocket River

9. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I'll pass ... too old, too slow and too expensive! I'd rather keep Parsons as our starting SF and I hope Morris develops into a young Paul Pierce next season.

10. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Revised.

[​IMG]

Really don’t like this move, but for the sake of hypothetical talk I proposed it.

Pros:
    You get two all star players
    Allen’s comes off the books this summer
    You seem more attractive on paper to possible FA with one all star signed & a decent run in the playoffs (hypothetically speaking)

Cons:
    You give the same shooting guard you had for an older version
    You might lose a draft pick (maybe)

You can interchange Hill for either Parsons or Bud but at least you keep one of your sf to move forward along with a developing Morris. Don’t like the move soley b/c I wouldn’t want the cap space with no cornerstone center other than Hibbert available. However, you could sign let’s say Nick Young & Batum in the off season bolstering both the back & frontcourt with the cap space move. & possibly sign Kaman for with the MLE (CBA/ cap space moves aren't my expertise forgive me if it isn't feasible). Overall I like the initial trade more so than this one, only exception is possibly interchanging Parsons with Hill.

11. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

link

12. Garner

Garner Member

I would gladly take Pierce, but I hope he retires a celtic.

13. underrated015

underrated015 Member

easy swi ng a deal for pp n allen for pick n expirings, beasley for martin, gasol for scola n flynn n budinger.

lowry/dragic
    allen/lee
    pp/beasley
    gasol/ppat
    dally/gasol

make some noise in the playoffs.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks for the link. Not surprised the Rockets have interest in Pierce. He is still very good at his age and would help take a lot of the pressure to create offense off Lowry's hands. My guess is the Celtics want younger guys, expiring contracts and draft picks for Pierce. After all, if you are trading the team captain, and the only one of the "Big 3" with a non-expiring contract, chances are the Celtics would be hitting re-set (at age 34, it's not likely for them to obtain equivalent talent at a younger age).

If the Lakers are also interested in Pierce, I wonder if they are willing to give up Gasol to Houston in a 3 way deal that land them Pierce and perhaps Dragic (Lakers still need a PG) and other pieces and has the Rockets sending some other pieces (NY pick, expiring contracts, prospects like Morris, Patterson, or the overseas guys) to Boston. The deal can maybe also include a Scola for Metta World Peace component to give the Lakers a replacement for Pau.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Rondo
    Pierce

for

Lowry
    Scola
    Thabeet
    Williams

Rondo / Dragic
    Martin / Lee / Bud
    Pierce / Parsons / Morris
    Patterson / Hill
    Dalembert / Smith

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Terrible. Lowry is much better than Rondo and is cheaper. I'd rather give Thabeet and Williams away for nothing, if possible.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

why trade someone who can shoot and pass. rondo passes but has no shot

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

19. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Why is this so far down the list?

Harden has disappeared in the Finals with OKC and last year. We ignore that? Pierce would relieve a ton of pressure.

We have the ability to free Garnett too. With Deron Williams having surgery on both ankles and Garnett threatening retirement, Lin would be a good fit.

And why are we giving up on Terrence? Is 16/9 with an improved FT% and defense with Hollins not enough?

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't think the rockets gave up. Pierce is from an alternate I think 6th dimension and he ages in reverse they want him at age 40.

I'm just joking your an idiot.

1 person likes this.