ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Rockets-Blazers Series Preview with Adam Wexler

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Rio Grande Valley Vipers

[NBDL] Marcus Morris Debut : Dakota Wizards @ Rio grande Valley Vipers 1/6/12
Tags:  basketball, commercial, houston rockets, marcus morris, nba, nba.com, rio grande valley vipers, wizards Tags
BetterThanEver is offline Old 01-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
BetterThanEver
Contributing Member
BetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25693
Anybody else checking on Morris in his 1st Viper game, during the Rockets' commercial breaks?

It starts at 7:00 PM CST.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/

Edit: Boxscore.

Morey keeps saying that Patterson was ranked 6th on their draft board. If that is the case, he either got real lazy and didn't do a lot of scouting or he got one F'd up draft board.

(edit)...my top 10 ranking
(edit)...Patterson either 12 or 13.
(edit)...6. Greg Monroe 7. Al-Farouq Aminu 8. Paul George 9. Cole Aldrich 10. James Anderson

Last edited by BetterThanEver; 01-06-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Sponsored Link
jim1961 is online now Old 01-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
jim1961
jim1961 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejim1961 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejim1961 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44950
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterThanEver View Post
Anybody else checking on Morris in his 1st Viper game, during the Rockets' commercial breaks?

It starts at 7:00 PM CST.

http://futurecast.nba.com/nbadl/cons...?id=2021100119
Futurecast can only be launched from its original location

BossHogg713 is offline Old 01-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
BossHogg713
BossHogg713 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #50044
Go to --> http://www.nba.com/dleague/

Click on the 3rd Futurecast link on the site.

JayGoogle is offline Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Thanks for the heads up, almost forgot.

BossHogg713 is offline Old 01-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
BossHogg713
Predictions?

I say:

22 points
9 rebounds
2 blocks

Hakeemtheking is offline Old 01-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Hakeemtheking
Hakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38940
Morris has said he has patented his game after Carmelo Anthony. Well, it is time to see if he those spin moves in the paint rather than just be a catch and shoot player.

BossHogg713 is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
BossHogg713
Is it sad I'd rather be watching Morris over the Rocket Less Lowry vs Thunder game? lol

Rokman is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Rokman
Rokman is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32576
I don't know about y'all but I am sick and tired of these players not putting their hands over their hearts. These guys are a bunch of losers!! Have some respect for your country! All this hate America stuff sickens me!

"Play like a man and shut up!"

JayGoogle is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokman View Post
I don't know about y'all but I am sick and tired of these players not putting their hands over their hearts. These guys are a bunch of losers!! Have some respect for your country! All this hate America stuff sickens me!
Calm down, they don't do that because they hate America.

BetterThanEver is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
BetterThanEver
Contributing Member
BetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25693
OH YES! Morris has got 3 pt range!

Morey keeps saying that Patterson was ranked 6th on their draft board. If that is the case, he either got real lazy and didn't do a lot of scouting or he got one F'd up draft board.

(edit)...my top 10 ranking
(edit)...Patterson either 12 or 13.
(edit)...6. Greg Monroe 7. Al-Farouq Aminu 8. Paul George 9. Cole Aldrich 10. James Anderson

Rokman is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
Rokman
Rokman is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32576
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoogle View Post
Calm down, they don't do that because they hate America.
Tell me why then? I've been around enough of these guys in College (used to work for a college ball team) and know their attitude. Most of them have a F-America view. If you can't see it then I don't know what to tell ya.

"Play like a man and shut up!"

Spooner is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
Spooner
Spooner is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSpooner is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSpooner is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSpooner is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSpooner is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44282
Quote:

BossHogg713 is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
BossHogg713
Morris playing aggressive. 7 points already.

JayGoogle is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
JayGoogle
Quote:
Tell me why then? I've been around enough of these guys in College (used to work for a college ball team) and know their attitude. Most of them have a F-America view. If you can't see it then I don't know what to tell ya.
I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure some just don't think it's that big of a deal. It's not like they are talking through it or stretching. This is America after all and they are allowed to do anything at all.

With that said Morris looks so much better when he is posting up or driving. Too many times though he just jacks up a 3 point shot.

tzou88 is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
tzou88
tzou88 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44208
UNLEASH THE KRAKEN

ThaShark316_28 is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
ThaShark316_28
ThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22802
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoogle View Post
I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure some just don't think it's that big of a deal. It's not like they are talking through it or stretching. This is America after all and they are allowed to do anything at all.

With that said Morris looks so much better when he is posting up or driving. Too many times though he just jacks up a 3 point shot.
His post game is already an advantage with him being so tall. Although he dropped some weight, he would still have more strength than the man defending him. It's a nice weapon to have if he can develop into a 3.

|
v

Rockets12 is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
Rockets12
Rockets12 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRockets12 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48390
Quote:
If they hated America they wouldn't even be standing. Just because they don't put their hand over their heart doesn't mean they hate america...

Haymitch is online now Old 01-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHaymitch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399
Wow. This thread has gone in an odd direction...

Hope Morris gets good minutes tonight. We need him to produce so we can flip our mediocre role players for a superstar, which is apparently our plan.

bet

NotInMyHouse is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
NotInMyHouse
Contributing Member
NotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymitch View Post
Wow. This thread has gone in an odd direction...

Hope Morris gets good minutes tonight. We need him to produce so we can flip our mediocre role players for a superstar, which is apparently our plan.
No kidding. So, for those not watching, how does Morris look?

JayGoogle is offline Old 01-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #20
JayGoogle
Cross over to the rim...scores...

Fast break, behind the back, off the glass...the dude has skills. I just want to see him try this against the best...