1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBDL] Marcus Morris Debut : Dakota Wizards @ Rio grande Valley Vipers 1/6/12

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by BetterThanEver, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ThaShark316_28

Like this post game. Better than I thought that creating his own shot; even without posting up. Nice range. Tough right now to gauge defensively.

Liked that crossover to get to the basket.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow. This post is so chock full o' ridiculous silliness, I don't know where to begin. LOL.

Hey, Captain America, you can love your country and yet still hate forced cliched shows of "patriotism."

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Really? That's enough to hate America?

I think you need to calm down.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Morris has a really developed again. I reall ythink he's just wasting time down there TBH. We want to know if he can play the 3 in the NBA not in the NBDL. I really don't see how his game is going to get any better down there.

Similar to Rubio's game not getting any better as he continued to play in Europe.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

BTW, great move by Smith. Guess I was wrong bout him.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'll jut say this so the conversation gets back to basketball. Things have changed a lot in this country and very rapidly. Growing up just 20 years ago you didn't see people without their hands on their heart unless they were trash. Though I am open minded about many things, to not do this is extremely disrespectful whether you realize it or not. Some things should not change and that is one of them.

- Captain America

Now, on with basketball.

1 person likes this.
  7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

A lack of respect is a lack of respect regardless of perceived forced cliches.

I guess its a generational thing. :(

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

It's also disrespectful to cheer during the anthem. Everyone has done that for years. I don't see you complaining about that.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:confused: I fail to see how it is disrespectful in the slightest.

"One nation under god", is the disrespectful part...

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Wow! Go read your constitution.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I actually like that part. If you look at American history it fits who we have been since before, during and after the time of our founding fathers. All of them were believers in God and it's part of our history.

Sure, separation of church an state is fine so there is no religious persecution but honoring our country's history is nothing bad in my opinion.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not like he is held hostage down there. He can be called upon anytime.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes of course. I still think that the time he spends down there isn't really helping him develop anything.

I just think his game and skillset is established. The question about him is he quick enough to play the 3, can he post up against NBA players and score, can he cross over NBA players and score...etc etc.

In contrast to a guy like Smith who needs to develop skills. Morris has them and the question is can he do it at the NBA level.

That's how I see it at least. So for me he's not getting better down there he's just staying warm I guess.

14. tzou88

tzou88 Member

can also be used to build confidence.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hey, CA, growing up in the 70s in Sugar Land, we didn't put our hands over our hearts during the National Anthem, only during the Pledge of Allegiance. The hand-over-the-heart during the anthem thing was added by Congress in 1976. And personally, I think it's stupid. Why are sporting events subject to this, but not movies, for example? No anthem before Broadway plays? It's just totally arbitrary and meaningless. That doesn't mean I hate America, though -- it just means I don't like to be forced to do silly crap that's just for show. I'd prefer to be treated like an adult, not told what to do as if I were a child.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't even bother to stand during the anthem. Does that mean they ALL hate America?

Don't get me wrong -- I like that you express your patriotism the way you see fit. Just don't tell ME how to express MINE. This is the USA, and we're supposed to respect the rights of individuals to do their own thing the way they feel works for them.

</SOAPBOX>

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's a false sense of confidence if he comes into the NBA and plays against a NBA player that torches him on both ends.

Yes I know it could happen tonight. Durant would torch him and embarrass him, at least he knows he has to work hard to get better. We can't coddle some of these guys and build up their confidence. Great players are instilled with confidence already.

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So what was the final stats for Martin?

T_Man

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Wow. Your clueless. Its like someone sticking their hand out to great you and you refuse to shake their hand. Its custom that you shake their hand and if you don't that is a blatent form of disrespect.

When the national anthym is played, you are supposed to place your hand over your heart as a sign of respect for all those people that have served for the rights that we all have. Not putting your hand over your heart is a sign of disrespect to all of us.

1 person likes this.
  19. supdudes

supdudes Member

Lol watching the other game. Man watching Yi play just makes me miss Yao more

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

.....Can't see the box score but 21 pts and double digit rebounds by Mook