ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Sean Mitchell: Yes, Houston -- it's OK to be happy for Dallas
Tags:  basketball, blog, clutchfans, dallas, feedback, houston, houston rockets, nba, yahoo Tags
Clutch is offline Old 06-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1676/h...py-for-dallas/

This is Sean Mitchell's first blog post on ClutchFans. Sean is a longtime Houston fan and many of you may know his work from Yahoo! -- several of his contributor articles have been referenced on the board (couple of examples here, here).

I'm sure Sean is open to any feedback you may have. Thanks and welcome to ClutchFans, Sean!

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
magnomonkey is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
magnomonkey
magnomonkey is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2003
Member: #14034
Nope. Not happening.

apollo33 is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
apollo33
apollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
Not rooting for Dallas, but I don't get the whole hatred for them because I'm not from Texas. I do like the fact that they owned Lebron.

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

Pull_Up_3 is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Pull_Up_3
Pull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44820
in 4 more haters

Angkor Wat is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006
Nope, sorry. Its not ok for me! I mine as well cheer for the Jazz and Lakers while I'm at it.

Turpis is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Turpis
Turpis is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTurpis is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #39753
[James Hetfield's Voice] NEVAAAH [/James Hetfield's Voice]

Rocketeer is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
Rocketeer
Contributing Member
Rocketeer is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRocketeer is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #554
Sorry Clutch. NO way I'm rooting for Dallas. I'm happy for guys like Dirk and Kidd who have battling all of their careers and have come up short. Those guys deserve it.

Ramathorn006 is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
Ramathorn006
Ramathorn006 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRamathorn006 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43946
Feel good for Dirk and Kidd. But at the end of the day Eff Dallas. But as Clutch said, it should make teams like the Warriors and Grizzlies have hope. If the Mavs can win one, anybody can. LOL.

Damion Laverne is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
Damion Laverne
Damion Laverne is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn006 View Post
Feel good for Dirk and Kidd. But at the end of the day Eff Dallas. But as Clutch said, it should make teams like the Warriors and Grizzlies have hope. If the Mavs can win one, anybody can. LOL.
Happy for Nowitzki and Kidd as well. At the end of the day, though, Rockets STILL have one more ring than the Mavs. I can go through the day knowing that much.

(The poster formerly known as DLRoxFan92 )
Been posting here since 2009. Apparently no one likes common sense, so it ran out of town with logic and reason and jumped into the river.

thedreamsteam is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #10
thedreamsteam
thedreamsteam is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46737
It is NOT ok to be happy for Dallas. This is just another reason to call Houston fans less passionate, just happy to be here type of fans. Cue the laughter from the sports fans in the NE.

We should not be rooting for Dallas on any level. Here is part of why:

Mark Cuban is a bombastic character who reminds me much of George Steinbrener(sp). While I respect his business savvy and have great respect for the foundation, financially, that he has set for his family, for generations to come. I will not concede to being happy about much of anything, or lack there of, that he has done for the NBA.

For YEARS he b*tched and moaned about the refs cheating and Stern being anti-Dallas, anti-Mav.

He overpayed players such as Eric Dampier, the self promoted 2nd best C in the NBA, to pay his way to a championship. When you over pay players, this causes distrubtion on all levels of free agency for every team in the league.

His antics are just plain tiresome. Cuban doesnt care about the NBA, he cares about the Mavericks. Sure, it worked, they won a championship. Look at the roster. Took you long enough, Mark.

ThaShark316_28 is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
ThaShark316_28
ThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22802
Being anti-Dallas anything is silly.

Who cares? They for damn sure don't care about us. I'm a Stars fan anyway, so naturally I don't hate anything "Dallas"...

Those folks don't have any kind of rivalry with us, so I let them be.

|
v

Pull_Up_3 is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
Pull_Up_3
Pull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44820
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316_28 View Post
Being anti-Dallas anything is silly.

Who cares? They for damn sure don't care about us. I'm a Stars fan anyway, so naturally I don't hate anything "Dallas"...

Those folks don't have any kind of rivalry with us, so I let them be.
People here cant understand this...

greatpacha1 is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #13
greatpacha1
greatpacha1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47305
super happy for dirk and kidd, even marion...but thats it. lol

Clutch City Representative since 1989

Beard recognize Beard

A!G!G!I!E!S!

Hippieloser is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #14
Hippieloser
Contributing Member
Hippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #11063
It's also "ok" to sit naked in a hot tub full of guys. I'm not particularly interested in either scenario, myself.

crash5179 is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #15
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
I'm happy for Dallas and very very happy that Miami lost.

Hayesfan is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #16
Hayesfan
Contributing Member
Hayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20409
I can't say I'm happy for Dallas... but I can admit that I'm happy for Dirk and JKidd... not so much Faux Jet

aggie87 is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #17
aggie87
aggie87 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26042
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamsteam View Post

He overpayed players such as Eric Dampier, the self promoted 2nd best C in the NBA, to pay his way to a championship. When you over pay players, this causes distrubtion on all levels of free agency for every team in the league.
In a pure capitalistic society, there is no such thing as overpaying, as long as one or two teams are willing to pay a player, that player's fmv is determined by the demand for him

LabMouse is offline Old 06-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #18
LabMouse
LabMouse is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32442
Happy for Dallas, no way, but I am ok for them, only a bit of happy for Kidd. I think Kidd is a great PG with a good personality.

rimrocker is offline Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #19
rimrocker
Contributing Member
rimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 1999
Member: #1038
It's kind of neat that all three NBA franchises in Texas have now won Championships and I'm glad the Heat lost. But come on, Dallas blows.

Convictedstupid is offline Old 06-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #20
Convictedstupid
Convictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32678
**** that ****.