1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rose or McGrady ??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rju1986, May 27, 2011.

1. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Derrick Rose sounding a bit like McGrady don't you think? In oddness, as of right now, I can see their parallel paths.:confused:

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/05/27/bulls-game-5-defeat.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2
    Bulls' marquee season ends with thud in Game 5 loss to Heat
    "It is what it is. They're a good defensive team," Rose said. "They were playing tough defense. At the end it's on me. Everything is on me - turnovers, missed shots, fouls. Anything, learn from it. All I can do right now. The series is over."​

[​IMG]
    McGrady- Hey Rose, cut to the basket. I got you ;)
    Rose- I love you.

In oddness, I can see their parallel paths.
    (see thread> Derrick Rose: T-Mac was my favorite player and he'll help Bulls) _RTM_

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Ridiculous comparison.... McGrady was being sarcastic because of the constant media bashing......... Rose was being honest...

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

There's a difference in saying that in a first round exit vs losing in conference finals.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Rose is a million miles ahead of Tmac in the leadership category.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Taking full responsibility for a loss is now a bad thing?

The difference is that Rose is taking full responsibility after the loss.

McGrady was taking responsibility for a possible loss when he was confident that his team would win.

6. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Than Rose might be just a little too modest here. He did what he could, in reaction to the defense and with what team he had. He was beastly at most and phenomenal at times. Some of his team mates need to step up.

Love Derrick Rose as a player.. I just saw a 'yingyang' comparison with them is all, guess it was just me lol (putting bong away now).

7. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

No McGrady was being honest when he said everything was on him. There was one interview were he was being sarcastic but other than that he was truly honest and he put everything on the line in the playoffs to win. Too bad the teams built around him sucked.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hope the next parallel is Rose coming to Houston. We're in desperate need of a superstar.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stop comparing McGrady to every freaking superstar that has accomplished something

This is the freaking Eastern Conference Finals not the first round of the freaking playoffs

the only parallel I see for McGrady is the Coyote chasing the Road Runner and falling off the cliff every single episode.
    [​IMG]

#9 tinman, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

can tmac afford to shoot 37% in a series and his team wins?

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It actually is Rose's fault. Jesus Christ he is a turnover machine.

12. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

It tends to happen when EVERYTHING is on you in a series.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Tmac and Rose pick and roll lol , Bulls should've picked him up off season.

14. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Where was Rose throwing his team-mates under the bus?

15. adboy

adboy Member

work ethic is completely different. jvg said mcgrady could've been one of the best ever if he applied himself more.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That's a theoretical question because Tmac has never won a series. He's in the SAR category right now.

17. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

This, and McGrady backtracked on his words after his team ended up losing. He wanted to get all the glory when he thought they'd win, but they lost.

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Tracy McGrady

NBA career achievements
    2× NBA Scoring Champion: 2003 (32.1), 2004 (28.0)
    7× NBA All-Star: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
    7× All-NBA:
    First Team: 2002, 2003
    Second Team: 2001, 2004, 2007
    Third Team: 2005, 2008

NBA Most Improved Player Award: 2001

Orlando Magic franchise records
    All-Time Free Throws Made (1,819)
    Most points in one game with 62 (March 10, 2004 vs. Washington Wizards)
    Most points in one half with 37 in the first half (March 9, 2003 vs. Denver Nuggets)
    Most points in one quarter with 25 in the second quarter (March 9, 2003 vs. Denver Nuggets)
    Most free throws made in one game with 18 (December 25, 2002 vs. Detroit Pistons)
    Most points in a playoff game with 46 (in Game 2 of the 2003 Eastern Conference playoffs, First Round vs. Detroit Pistons)
    Most three-point field goals made in one half with 8 (January 26, 2004 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers)

Career achievementsCareer

40+ point games (regular season): 45
    Career 50+ point games (regular season): 4
    Career 60+ point games (regular season): 1
    Career triple-doubles (regular season): 4
    Shares NBA record for most three-point field goals made in one half with 8 (January 26, 2004 Orlando vs. Cleveland)

All that and the thing is -- I would trade all that in for Rose's MVP honors and his ability to lead his team to where they got this year. Rose is the youngest to be named MVP of the NBA and I don't see his career coming to a hault. He has a promising career and has accomplished less accolades but in my opinion more valuable accolades than T-Mac.

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

T-Mac at his prime was amazing. That being said, Rose took his team at 22 years of age to the Leastern Conference Finals. That pretty much trumps T-Mac. At the end of the day, it's about winning.

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I agree. That's what I wanted to express through the above post. Show all of what T-Mac has done INDIVIDUALLY and show how D-Rose (clearly the best player on his team) has done for his team. That series VS the Celtics a where there was 7 or 8 overtimes in 7 games (something like that) was crazy too. That could have very well added to D-Rose's leadership.