1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose: T-Mac was my favorite player and he'll help Bulls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Jul 24, 2010.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/jackson/2529662,CST-SPT-jax24.article

2 people like this.
  2. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

lol and i really like derrick rose, he looks like he loves this game, he has heart. tmac...eh not so much.. bad choice for a role model, heart wise, talent wise and style of play, great choice. but i dont think rose has the body to play how anywhere how tmac played, we should leave that to durantula. rose should learn to play like derron williams, imo, if he copied his style he would thrive more in it.

3. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

he'll help 'em in the marketing aspect of the business.

4. conquistador#11

3 years late, but sam smith could finally say..hey I told you he was coming to the bulls. :p

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

tmac's career would come back to life if he plays for chicago.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Tracy needs to re-establish his game. He has to realize he can't do the things he could back in the day. He needs to build on the strengths he has now, rather than try to gain his old form or relive the glory days.

Still think he has the deadliest mid-range game in the league. Lack of athleticism won't severely affect that.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

tinman should make a poll...

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Should be good. I miss McGrady making an ass of himself in the media. In Chicago, he will get enough national attention to give us some real good quotes.

1 person likes this.
  9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

they did a poll of all high school ballers when he was a magic and tmac topped the list for fav NBA player.

dude was smooth. damn injuries.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

He said he was his favorite player he didn't say he models his game after T-Mac.

By his style of play so far in this league it is obvious he doesn't model his game after McGrady.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Some will say he's not a real bulls fan.

12. tofu--

tofu-- Member

While I hope Rose can make T-Mac turn a new leaf, chances are his childhood hero is going to disappoint him a lot.

13. TracyMcgradyMVP

if t-mac become a bull.. he can help derrick get better offensively... n he can bring veteran leadership to the bulls n a guy who can bring offense n player making at the wing and at the guard position... i think its goods for bulls n mac but t-mac just need to stick to his new role.. derrick is the franchise

14. FFz

FFz Member

i remmeber when i was in high school and t-mac scored that 62 or whatever... i was so amazed. Too bad it didn't work out...

i hope the best for him in life.

15. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

Maybe now, T-Mac can finally make Boozer an elite player or at least wreck both of their careers trying

1 person likes this.
  16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

D-Rose better be careful what he wishes for. If McGrady ends up on that team, hopefully Thibs will learn from experience and not enable him at all. If that happens, I wonder how McGrady will react to a coach blasting him for not hustling. If he's man enough to handle it, fine. Otherwise, I hope the Bulls send him on a charter back to Clipperland exile..

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Rose won't like him so much when he's in and out of the lineup and telling the coach how/when he should play him.

I'd be surprised if Tmac plays healthy (meaning not injured or trying to get himself back into shape after sitting out) even 25% of the season. The chemistry and morale of the Bulls will take a hit and they'll be looking to get rid of him before the end of the season just like the Knicks.

I hope the Bulls don't make any ridiculous contract offers...

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

Careful now, that might have been rose's sister pretending to be him. :rolleyes: ;)

19. Olajuwon34

Olajuwon34 Member

Seriously, guys. T-Mac is done. The injuries and all the years he's played have taken his explosiveness away. He's a horrible shooter, so T-Mac won't be able to do anything besides give false hype.

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

what makes u think tmac is a bad role model, do u know the guy personally??
    I've always looked up to him and I'm doin fine!!!

Btw, don't talk crap about my quote when urs has nothing to do with the rockets at all!!

Go join an LA fan site!! We only want true Houston fans here!!