ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Saying goodbye to Adelman feels like the right move
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston rockets, nba Tags
Clutch is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Not going to win me many friends, but this is how I feel on it...

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1552/s...he-right-move/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Raven is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
Agreed, the Rockets need to rebuild, so bringing in a young/patient coach makes perfect sense.

Grimm920 is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Grimm920
Grimm920 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28166
So what it all basically boils down to is that you believe that Morey has a better understanding about basketball then Adelman does.

Qball is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
Qball
Contributing Member
Qball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 2001
Member: #3261
I agree. We need to have a coach who believes in the same moneyball system that the GM and owner believe in. All 3 have to be in sync or you're never going to succeed.

Pizza_Da_Hut is online now Old 04-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
Pizza_Da_Hut
Pizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13337
Clutch, you also don't win friends with salad, it doesn't mean you don't eat it. This is what's right.

I'm a DUCK!!!!

Wild about them Cats!

The NBA is slowly turning into the WWE... It's only a matter of time until the Rock completes the big 5 in Miami...

trueroxfan is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
trueroxfan
trueroxfan is Omer Asik -- working the boardstrueroxfan is Omer Asik -- working the boardstrueroxfan is Omer Asik -- working the boardstrueroxfan is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31606
i agree

rick was great, but we aren't a contender, and he can't make us a contender without the talent.

if we can develop t will and thabeet along with the rest of our young talent, we could be a very good team, but i think we're two years from that. unless, of course, we make some kind of trade that brings us in some power at the 5 and a go to guy on the offensive side

throwedyung14 is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
throwedyung14
Contributing Member
throwedyung14 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18720
My thoughts exactly - I wish Adelman the best. He deserves to win now. Rockets aren't doing that.

TMac'n is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
TMac'n
Contributing Member
TMac'n is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTMac'n is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24659
Gotta agree with you Clutch, it sucks that Adleman is leaving but we nned to look forward to a new era.....but it'll be the minimum of a couple years

gah is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
gah
gah is Omer Asik -- working the boardsgah is Omer Asik -- working the boardsgah is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35354
Sharp pencil, as always Clutch. There's nothing left to do but hope the dices roll our way.

DCkid is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
DCkid
Contributing Member
DCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball View Post
I agree. We need to have a coach who believes in the same moneyball system that the GM and owner believe in. All 3 have to be in sync or you're never going to succeed.
I still don't know exactly what this means? Can someone explain what an "analytics coach" is?

Is it basically a coach who may think Player A is better than Player B based on what he sees in practice...but some advanced stats say otherwise, so he's more open to gong with what the advanced stats say? I can't imagine a coach ignoring what his eyes and gut is telling him.

Is there another team in the NBA that uses advanced stats to set their game rotations depending on the opponent?

mrdave543 is online now Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
mrdave543
Contributing Member
mrdave543 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodmrdave543 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #10002
Agree with what you said, but I still am not excited or optimistic about the future.....gonna be a long off-season (and longer).

I knew this season was going to be tough, but I think next years will be even worse (if there is one)

Convictedstupid is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
Convictedstupid
Convictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32678
I'm still your friend, Clutch.

mvpcrossxover is online now Old 04-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
mvpcrossxover
mvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33363
if we're getting younger and starting fresh

will the rockets trade all the players that run adelman's system?

ClutchFans' Achievement

apollo33 is online now Old 04-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #14
apollo33
apollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
you're not my friend anymore clutch

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

roxallways is online now Old 04-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #15
roxallways
roxallways is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodroxallways is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31458
Agreed Clutch. Like I said yesterday, I respect the organization for making this move and I'm glad they are willing to make bold moves. It's not a popular move but whats popular isn't always whats right. I'm looking forward to the organization moving on and hopefully the Rox being relevant again.

RedRedemption is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #16
RedRedemption
Contributing Member
RedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43241
Adelman's a great coach. But he shouldn't be coaching a lottery team...
Especially since he's going to do everything he can to win games; which in our case wouldn't be the greatest thing...

smoothie is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
smoothie
Contributing Member
smoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2264
completely agree.

we don't need to win now, we need to win big.

we can take a step back, retool and come back (hopefully) better than before. but you have to be willing to take that step back and sacrifice the present for the future. i'm glad they are thinking big and planning long term, but i'm still sad to see adelman go.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6124...s-negotiations

J.R. is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #18
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Awesome article. Could not agree more. But watch out Clutch, you might get called a MOF. I'm kidding

LongTimeFan is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
LongTimeFan
Contributing Member
LongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3172
Clutch, the one point I disagree with you about is the Shane Battier trade. You said that fans that cared about "winning now" should be livid that we traded Battier, a key piece to our team. I'd say that we actually became a better team with Budinger and Lee taking Shane's minutes. I don't think that's a knock on Shane... but to me it's similar to the Rafer-Brooks situation, just without the return benefit of a replacement player (frankly, we didn't need one -- we're overloaded as is.) In other words, while I'm not thrilled with what we received back for Shane, I think the 2010 Rockets did become a better team with his departure.

Hoping for Austin Rivers..

AggNRox is offline Old 04-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #20
AggNRox
AggNRox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodAggNRox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #11048
i agree. i've been posted some of similar points contained in your evaluation on other threads.

w/o a foundation, the stability means nothing. i don't know why km couldn't understand it unless he thinks he is the foundation.