ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Video] Aaron Brooks goes Danny Ainge on Kevin Love
Tags:  aaron brooks, ainge, basketball, clutchfans, danny ainge, houston rockets, movies, nba, video, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Aaron Brooks gets hit in the face by Kevin Love, beans Love with the basketball

UPDATE on 1/26/2011 at 12:30pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Here is Aaron Brooks speaking about the incident after practice yesterday...

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
LongTimeFan is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
LongTimeFan
Contributing Member
LongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3172
Man, he just looks frustrated. I imagine he's not happy about his bench role..

rockets934life is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
rockets934life
Contributing Member
rockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28025
That's funny and pathetic, even Scola seemed surprised at AB's actions.

“We were all told by the league he was a tradeable player, and now they’re saying that Dell doesn’t have the authority to make the trade?” said an NBA executive who had periodic talks with New Orleans throughout the process. “Now they’re saying that Dell is an idiot, that he can’t do his job. [Expletive] this whole thing. David’s drunk on power, and he doesn’t give a [expletive] about the players, and he doesn’t give a [expletive] about the hundreds of hours the teams put in to make that deal"

RoxSqaud is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
RoxSqaud
RoxSqaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRoxSqaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRoxSqaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRoxSqaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRoxSqaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRoxSqaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRoxSqaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30323
I don't think he hit Aaron on purpose.

Respect to Love for keeping cool.

Roll Tide

thejav is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #5
thejav
thejav is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45835
He feels the trade coming..

flamingdts is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #6
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Member: #30398
Love will never come here now

kmav23 is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #7
kmav23
Rookie
kmav23 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45127
trade the EWOK ... out...before he reduces his value..

greatpacha1 is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
greatpacha1
greatpacha1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47305
AB is frustrated...no doubt.

Clutch City Representative since 1989

Beard recognize Beard

A!G!G!I!E!S!

rawool is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #9
rawool
rawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16550
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingdts
Love will never come here now
this made me lol.

but yeah, brooks was just frustrated and was also trying to save some face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedemption
I would let Chandler Parsons and Dwight Howard double team me all day.

eeeZZY is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #10
eeeZZY
eeeZZY is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46879
Kevin Love was like "i dough won troubo!"

WhoMikeJames is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
WhoMikeJames
Contributing Member
WhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2005
Member: #16224
Brooks is obviously frustrated with his role on the team now.

There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,
No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus.
All we who are dead below
Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else.
I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler,
Lest even while dead I seem loquacious to you.

RocketMania1991 is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #12
RocketMania1991
RocketMania1991 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketMania1991 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketMania1991 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36659
This is concluding evidence that Aaron Brooks will no longer be a Houston Rocket.

What happened the last time a Rocket went after another player during a game?

GOT HIS ASS SHIPPED TO NOLA.

DM DON'T TAKE THAT ****!

Bids9 is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
Bids9
Bids9 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26917
Totally agree

Respect to Love for keeping cool. Clearly not intentional.

BMoney is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #14
BMoney
Contributing Member
BMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15857
You disrespect Brooks by comparing this heat-of-the-moment incident to what Danny Ainge did to Mario Elie. That was a straight up punk move. I would punch Danny Ainge in the face if I ever got the chance.

With crocodile tears and a pocketful of tissues

I'm just the oily slick
On the windup world of the nervous tick
In a very fashionable hovel

-Elvis Costello

Shaud is online now Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #15
Shaud
Shaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Member: #30631
Glad the tech didn't cost us

My twitter

T FOR 3!!! is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #16
T FOR 3!!!
T FOR 3!!! is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodT FOR 3!!! is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31941
Wasn't in any way malicious.. didnt throw a fist or anything, just a knee jerk reaction to being smacked square in the face, thatd piss of most of the players in the league. Nothing to crazy here, Aaron was turning it on in the 4th too....

Dancing Fan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xbXz..._order&list=UL

Clutch is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #17
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney
You disrespect Brooks by comparing this heat-of-the-moment incident to what Danny Ainge did to Mario Elie. That was a straight up punk move. I would punch Danny Ainge in the face if I ever got the chance.
I agree with you, BMoney... there is a difference. Ainge's move was low. I was just having a little fun with the title because he beaned him with the ball, which Ainge was notorious for.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Entropy is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #18
Entropy
Entropy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodEntropy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5352
Like a damn chihahua. All bark and no bite.

durvasa is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #19
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2011/01/t...et_threed.html

quote:

Aaron Brooks' explanation for his unbelievable last-minute technical foul was pretty solid.

"He slapped me in my face and I felt it was intentional," Brooks said.

Well, that can be annoying. Brooks had fouled Kevin Love, then threw the ball at him to earn a technical foul with 30.5 seconds left. The Rockets lead slipped to five as Brooks headed to the bench, his point made.

"He hit me, the ball flew," Brooks said. "He tried to act like he didn't do it. It was blatant."

Since the Rockets got away with a win, Brooks seemed to feel as if he did what needed to be done. He didn't.

This is when a player needs that NBA fake tough guy thing. You march up with a threatening face, maybe get shoved, maybe even shove back. Everyone rushes in. At worst, there is a double technical foul.

You make your point, but don't cost your team one

BMoney is offline Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #20
BMoney
Contributing Member
BMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBMoney is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I agree with you, BMoney... there is a difference. Ainge's move was low. I was just having a little fun with the title because he beaned him with the ball, which Ainge was notorious for.
Point taken...when you have the opportunity to have a title saying somebody is "going Danny Ainge" on somebody you have to take it.

With crocodile tears and a pocketful of tissues

I'm just the oily slick
On the windup world of the nervous tick
In a very fashionable hovel

-Elvis Costello