ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] A look at the Houston Rockets "44 Years of Tradition" video
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston, houston rockets, nba, video Tags
Clutch is offline Old 12-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Amateur film of the video that was getting a lot of attention on the board...

Houston Rockets - 44 Years of Tradition

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
durvasa is offline Old 12-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
4:40 minutes long. Nicely timed.

mikol13 is offline Old 12-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
mikol13
Contributing Member
mikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2009
Member: #42553
Very nice!

GRENDEL is offline Old 12-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
GRENDEL
Contributing Member
GRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #8213
Love those videos, nice to seem them updating them as they go.

http://flicksfan.blogspot.com/

rockets934life is offline Old 12-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
rockets934life
Contributing Member
rockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28025
Goosebumps...I miss Clutch City, Barkley, Early Yao/TMAC and Ron Ron.

“We were all told by the league he was a tradeable player, and now they’re saying that Dell doesn’t have the authority to make the trade?” said an NBA executive who had periodic talks with New Orleans throughout the process. “Now they’re saying that Dell is an idiot, that he can’t do his job. [Expletive] this whole thing. David’s drunk on power, and he doesn’t give a [expletive] about the players, and he doesn’t give a [expletive] about the hundreds of hours the teams put in to make that deal"

HeWhoIsLunchbox is offline Old 12-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
HeWhoIsLunchbox
Contributing Member
HeWhoIsLunchbox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHeWhoIsLunchbox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33906
I liked the ones they had used the past few years, but they had their flaws. This one, on the other hand, is pretty much perfect. The only complaint I have is that "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion" isn't in it.

BaMcMing is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
BaMcMing
Contributing Member
BaMcMing is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19488
That gave me the chills. Agreed on the 'getting better every year' aspect of the video.

Great stuff.

Rocketboi is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
Rocketboi
Rocketboi is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2008
Member: #35976
i went to the game as well, and when i want in i was ready to boo tmac, but when i saw this vid, i felt bad, because he did give 100 percent for years, it made me almost want to cry to think that yao and tmac careers were affected by injuries.

and when i looked across i saw tmac watching clips of it too, and i know something must have been going on in his head. after that, i was probably the only person in the building who cheered when he checked in the game.

the guy was incredible throughout most of his career with us. and that video made me realize it.

Rocketboi is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
Rocketboi
Rocketboi is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2008
Member: #35976
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoIsLunchbox
I liked the ones they had used the past few years, but they had their flaws. This one, on the other hand, is pretty much perfect. The only complaint I have is that "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion" isn't in it.

yes it is, but i think its right around the beggining, but it really is. i remember hearing it at the game.

Lynus302 is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
Lynus302
Contributing Member
Lynus302 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLynus302 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLynus302 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLynus302 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLynus302 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLynus302 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #76
Man that video is AWESOME.

Thanks, Clutch.

-Mozart, Requiem

Robert, get off the table....
-- Suzy

wakawakka is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #11
wakawakka
wakawakka is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47882
Thanks for that! It was really well done. I loved watching everyone, whether it was the legends "before my time," or the current era boys--who have just as much heart but usually not the same luck. They all just bring me joy and make me proud to be a fan of this amazing ball club.

Kam is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #12
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
I'm glad no one is around me when I watch it, because for damn reason, I always get dust in my eyes. Glad I wear a hat to the game too.

‹^›ò¿ó‹^›

durvasa is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #13
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
That's the most amazing Rockets video I've ever seen. Chills.

the_hustler is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #14
the_hustler
the_hustler is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35832
brilliant stuff! Thanks a lot for posting, Clutch.

I miss Deke!

Kam is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #15
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
Just watched it again. Got to sweep and dust around my house.

‹^›ò¿ó‹^›

the_hustler is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #16
the_hustler
the_hustler is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35832
this video just made my day

Dave2000 is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #17
Dave2000
Contributing Member
Dave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2971
I loved it, it gave me chills during the season opener, Kam and nwo34life were just speechless when we watched it.

A few things I just noticed after pausing it a few times

- Loved how they showed the bench players that don't get much love at times, Hayes, Wafer, Herrera, Lewis Loyd, Novak (no Bonzi though)

- they had one clip where they showed the Barrys, Rick, Jon, Brent in one slide, then showed a clip of John Lucas, then Lucas III right after, one thing missing there was Major and Charles Jones, unless I missed it

- Wished they included the Maxwell 3 he made to send it to OT vs. the Heat in the 94-95 season? that was one of the most improbable shots I've ever seen

- not too much of Mobley, but plenty of Francis and Barkley, happy there was not one single mention of Pippen

- the freeze slow motion shots of the Shaq/Yao stare down and Francis dunk from the dunk contest is awesome

Hayesfan is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
Hayesfan
Contributing Member
Hayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20409
44 is a good number Thanks for sharing Clutch

Edit: am I a total girl for saying that made me tear up?

Last edited by Hayesfan; 12-10-2010 at 01:53 PM.

ThaShark316_28 is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #19
ThaShark316_28
ThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22802
Chills, man.

Love this team. All the trials and tribulations we go through as a fan base, at the end of the day, we love the hell out this franchise.

Uprising is offline Old 12-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #20
Uprising
Contributing Member
Uprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2086
Man. That was pretty epic.

Loved the clips they used.

Man, I miss that 04-05 Tracy and Yao. They were unbelievable. Now....both seem to be a shell of their former selves......what 5 years does to a team and it's stars.

Clutchfans STEAM group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Clutchfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetics80 View Post
Lin > Harden