1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] A look at the Houston Rockets "44 Years of Tradition" video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2010.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

That's our Dream. Ours!

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Newlin! My first favorite Rocket.

[​IMG]

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

it's nice to see people pay respect and give thanks to all t-mac has done for our organization! loved his highlights in the video! those were moments any rockets fan will cherish forever! :cool:

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Watched it a few times over just now...

Because this season sucks ass.

5. acjeitherocket

dam ive been to 5 games this season and have yet to see this lol

thx for posting! ROX 4 LIFE!!!!!

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Thank you, Clutch.

I am so glad I get to share this vid with everybody that I have been talking to about it for months.

Means a lot to me. Repped.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Thanks so much for upload the vid, so we (the people outside Houston) can enjoy it.

If I almost cry watchin it in my house, I could imagine what it feels watching this amazing video live in the toyota center.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

It was nice to see Bostjan Nachbar's block/foul on Malone in there.

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Great video and almost complete, with a lot of different players included but strangely enough not much love for the 93-94 season.

It missed the 15-0 start, the 22-1 start (with the Maxwell BB @ San Antonio as crucial miss) footage of Suns series (only Maxwell after he made one of his threes) footage of Jazz series and the celebration of the championship.

Also Thorpe only shown once is a bit of a dissapointment, him and Dream were the Twin Towers pt.2

Other then that, a lot of great footage of 22 game winning streak, Yao, Cassell, Horry, Dream, Moses, the coaches and even some epic confrontations. Of course no Mad Max, cause it would be too hard to pick one moment ;)

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they showed Maxwell in San Antonio (small snip where he and Scottie Brooks embraced, it showed Maxwell with his arms up (suns series)

it showed Maxwell jumping with his fist in the air (championship).

it was really fast though.

11. TheresTheDagger

So many of these moments I remember watching live. I guess in my own way I'm a part of the 44 years of tradition and I will be to the day I die....

Rockets forever

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wow, that was just amazing!

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

saw this at the Heat game, they really need to release an online version

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i thought that 2:32 was pretty cool.

15. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

No love for JVG???

16. srrono

srrono Member

Looking at this video and seeing Mad Max made me think of our past Enforcers. This is something very important to have in the playoffs.

Enforcer
    A player quick to fight who defends his teammates against violent members of the other team.

Heres a few that have could be considered Enforcers that graced the rockets uniform in the past:

Vernon "Mad Max" Maxwell

Ron Artest

Charles Barkley

Kevin Willis

Mario Ellie

ANTOINE CARR

Charles Oakley

I am sure I have left some out.

17. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Bumped the thread up and there is still no official video. Come on Rox FO! Its much better when you see it on at TC.

More suggestions for the 45 year upgrade if they tweek it some:
    -Luther Head's poster dunk on the Lakers
    -Robert Horry's missed two hand dunk but held on the rim to dunk it one handed (I was there)
    -Instead of showing Deke in a suit waving to the crowd after his injury, why not put the footage of him clapping next to Laura Bush during the presidential address
    -Nothin on 2 time all-star Don Kojis, I know he only played for San Diego but the video is for all 44 years and there is footage of Hayes and Murphy in SD uniforms
    -More Otis Thorpe, its a shame he is so underappreciated around the league for his time, one would think the Rox wouldn't do the same
    -Dreams game winner against the mavs and block on Jordan
    -B4 they show Hakeem and Drexler's handshake celebration in '95, they should show the NC State dunk so ppl can really understand the importance of this legacy
    -Maybe throw in Dream and Ewing going at it in the '84 NCAA championship then show some '94 finals footage, nothing huge just posting up against each other would do

Just some idea's for next year or maybe wait til 50. Hopefully have alot of great championship highlights from the next 6 years to put on that!

18. srrono

srrono Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GCyU0sKxqI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GCyU0sKxqI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Started out slow, but damn did it pick up. Freaking awesome.

I couldn't NOT get chills at the Battier blood picture being placed in that spot. That whole "intensity" section right after the Dream section was beyond words.

20. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Is there anywhere online I can watch the new version of this they have this season ? Always gets me pumped.