1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill Draft Prospect Work Out Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SunsRocketsfan, Feb 18, 2010.

1. SunsRocketsfan

A big part of the trade is Jordan Hill. He hasnt shown much on the court in the NBa yet but here is a work out video he did over the summer with the warriors for those that you havent seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5kByiR3mxM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L5kByiR3mxM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L5kByiR3mxM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2 people like this.
  2. SunsRocketsfan

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L5kByiR3mxM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L5kByiR3mxM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3. SunsRocketsfan

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NTakBgkoQEU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NTakBgkoQEU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

4. windz

windz Member

he looks terrible compare to the landry workout video...

but meh watever martin was the main part of the deal anyways.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Quick feet.

Fast up and down the court.

Nice touch.

Needs to learn the small things about the game.

6. SunsRocketsfan

I agree he looks very raw and will strugle against any D. Has the speed and athletism but his skills looks like someone you would see at the local gym..

7. anchel

anchel Member

What a body... He shows some serious potential. I'm excited with him.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Really taking too much from some training video.

9. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

People need to remember the Rockets organization has been very good at developing big men. Look how far Landry came in his few years. I remember seeing him in his first summer league game and he looked like a dud.

Carrol Dawson still works out with the big men and had always does a great job at it.

Hill clearly has some skills, athleticism and footwork to work with and I think the Rockets see a mold of clay to mold into a productive player.

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Paging CD. Paging CD for teaching Hill the Dream moves.

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Didn't realize how natural he looks shooting the mid range. I'm pretty excited to see how he develops.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, not just big men...but young players in general have thrived here.

Adelman in this offense is going to get the guy a lot of open mid range shots, Brooks and Lowry and Scola will give him a lot of dunks. Landry didn't come into the NBA tearing it up either.

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Looks like he has a nice jumper! Needs to bulk up, but all in all, he looks great! You can't teach height!

14. Trackball

Trackball Member

I wonder if Yao Ming could help develop him next year. I don't want him doing it NOW, obviously, since he's not fully recovered from that foot break (boot or no boot), but given Yao's work ethic, it would be interesting to see what Hill develops into.

Not that I expect another "Moses Malone works Olajuwon at Fonde Rec" situation or anything--Hakeem was one in a million. I'm sure Hill can become a decent player if he just puts forth the effort.

15. acefan18

acefan18 Member

You mean intangibles? We have Shane Battier, J-Hill will have intangibles by next week :grin:

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What does that even mean? He is a ROOKIE. This, his College videos, and Preseason/Summer NBA basketball is all we have. What else can we use to surmise his skill set?

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Taj Gibson is better and he was the 26th pick, how does a guy 18 picks higher not have the skills of a 26th pick. This kid needs major work not a tuneup.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He didn't start playing ball till 10th grade.

He's got the tools. If he works hard enough and is coached well he could be a great Sub. Landry is one of a kind.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just wouldn't put much into a training video is all.

I mean you see him hitting the shots, and his footwork looks good...but doing it in practice and in a game is where it matters. So dude is a complete unknown right now.

But if you look at his college highlights, he is performing those same moves on other players...so lets hope. 18/11 is great production in College.

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Here's what you need to know about him:
    Pros
    -Didn't start playing organized BB until after his junior year in high school
    -Very athletic and especially quick for his size........probably quicker than Amare. Slightly less explosive but more fluid
    -Can bring a shot block presence
    -has a very soft touch around the rim
    -can finish with either hand around the basket
    -improved DRAMATICALLY between his So. and JR year. Everyone following Arizona were surprised by his improvement......it was very Carl Landry-esque (in Houston). This should be a good sign for future development.......very hard worker evidently
    -great frame........very similar frame to Amare

Cons
    -Didn't start playing organized BB until after his junior year in high school
    -Still weak and not very physical at times
    -Good moves and nice touch around basket but has trouble making positive plays against double teams.......ie doesn't pass it out instead prefers to force the issue at times (this pissed me off a couple of times)