1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill Draft Prospect Work Out Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SunsRocketsfan, Feb 18, 2010.

1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Are you talking about Stromile Swift or Eddie Griffin??

2. houston19519

houston19519 Member

When Hill start balling he will be a fan favorite, how can you make that assumption so early in the game :eek: :rolleyes:

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Malik Badiane 44th pick in 2003, lot of hopes for the guy. 6'10" huge wingspan very raw but athletic, a bust.

4. sbyang

sbyang Member

Jordan Hill needs to focus exclusively on developing his defense. It is the only way he'll get any playing time for this team.

5. acjeitherocket

after seeing a couple of these vids..i gotta admit this dude has serious potential..we shall see how he develops

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

cant believe everyone's judging hill after what? 60% of his rookie season with a miserable, discombobulated ny knicks squad?

jared jeffries will become a fan favorite, hustles, role player, plus i think he's tops in the league in charges drawn

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

badiane did average 18 and 11 on a pac 10 team.

8. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

his left had is extremely weak, and thats going to be a problem on the nba level

9. chief

chief Member

looks like he could develop into a poor mans chris bosh...

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol yea if you want him to be a 20-10 guy,

if he's just a put back garbage man who can hit the boards hard it's good enoug

can people give this guy a chance? cant believe so many people are so down after maybe 60% of his rookie season on that clippers east team

it took joakim noah till his 3rd year to get to where he's at now, a double double guy, give Hill some time..........i can already hear people blasting him after his first bad game with the rockets

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It would be better if he were to workout with Deke or the Dream.

12. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

True. But I will always feel better when I think about drafting Hasheem Thabeet as the 2nd pick.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not to mention C Bud to help him get acclimated to the system.

14. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I don't expect him to ever become a 20-10 player, I think he might make for a decent bench player and maybe some day starter, but he's much more raw than people think. He's what, 22, with one of the weakest left hands I've ever seen, something like that really can't be further developed. His ball IQ is also pretty bad based on what I've seen from him on the Knicks, which makes sense since he started playing organized ball his senior year in highschool. In addition, he has bad hands and has problems holding onto the ball. He has legit size and athleticism, which can't be taught but at this point he projects to be nothing more than a role player. People should have limited expectations of him, otherwise they will be severely disappointed.

15. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

There are about 20 pages LAMENTING the loss of Hill on the Knicks forum on RealGM.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/*******

It's actually a fun read, almost started a thread for it. About page 10-30 they are amazingly upset about the loss of Hill and the overall deal. Page 1-10 are a fun read too as they speculate how badly Morey hammered them.

1 person likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pretty obvious that most of them really valued Hill and were begging for protection with those picks. We got Hill and the picks have minimal protection. Sorry, New York!

17. LifeisButaDream

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtx-aDxiEeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtx-aDxiEeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I might get flamed for this, but am I the only one to see flashbacks of Hakeem when I look at look at Hill? He looks to be around 6'10, is long, fluid, agile, and did not start playing basketball but very late in his life. Work ethics and attitude aside, this is the raw potential and type of body that helped Akeem greatly while he honed his skills and techniques to become Hakeem, the greatest center the world has ever seen.

19. LifeisButaDream

Hakeem was probably more rawer.

20. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

He seems super raw. He's got a good foundation to build on, but he has a long way to go to become a player that can impact a game. We'll have to be patient with him.