1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Out 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HipHopSince1981, Jan 12, 2009.

1. HipHopSince1981

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/18461737/detail.html#-

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

tough week ahead with no Artest/T-Mac

3. jason2

jason2 Member

4. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Suprising. :rolleyes:

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good move, he should not play until he is totally ready to play, plus I don't think the club wants to play home games where he might be booed right now.

They need to work this out in house, and get the team going in the right direction.

DD

6. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Yess! More PT for the Cookie!

8. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

We would have been better off if he would taken the last 2 weeks,We didn't need him the last 5 games that way he would of had a whole month to rest.

9. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

So he was out for three weeks then came back after 1 week.

now out for 2 weeks? WTF is going on with these reports. sure would be nice for them to tell us the truth for once.

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Maximum effort GO!

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

12. mic

mic Contributing Member

T-mac will be perpetually injured.

13. Nero

Nero Member

I admit to not having read every post in here since the season started, so forgive me for being puzzled..

But what the heck is the deal with the surgery on TMac's knee?

Was it just way more serious than we were led to believe?

Or is he just a slow healer? He says he never had anything like this before, maybe he just did not know how to deal with it, maybe it is one of these knee injuries/surgeries that will only really get back to normal after a full year has passed, IF he does not somehow make it worse by constantly pushing it too hard.. but I don't recall this thing as being described as anything other than a relatively minor thing.

Same thing with Battier's ankle surgery. It was described, at least as far as I can vaguely recall, as being relatively minor as well, and yet it is lingering just like TMac's knee.

Artest's ankle must have been really bad, and keeping him off of it for a while will be the best thing.

At this point, all we can say is Thank God for Brooks, Scola, and Wafer.. And of course Yao..

14. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Hopefully Artest plays in the Lakers game, because I've been waiting for this game for the whole season. I bought my entire family tickets and they've also looked forward to it. I'm not longer wasting money on the Rockets as long as T-Mac is still on this team.

15. conquistador#11

great chemistry will develop now they now they won't be in and out of the line up. When they do come back, I hope they're brought back slowly, from the bench would be ideal.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree. Good move by the team, if he can't come out and score his 20/6 every single night than sit him. If he cannot be what the team needs him to be, than sit him.

But, now let's look back. Remember when he went out for those 2 weeks. The plan was to sit him out for 3, not 2 weeks (not even 2). But he suddenly felt better and felt like he could come back after 2 weeks - BAD DECISION.

Your play is 2 weeks, than make it. I don't want to hear after a week "Ok, I feel a lot better and I can come back earlier". I don't want that to happen again, because we all know what would happen next.

If the plan is to sit 2 weeks, ok. But make sure you are READY to pla at the HIGH level when you come back.

17. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Well, I was going to post something extremely negative, but this board has seen enough of that.

Let's go Wafer/Head/Barry. We need you guys to definitely step it up, and CRUSH the lakers.

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Yay! Now, the big question is will TSlack actually rehab ....

19. battousai

battousai Member

Obiously this team has been playing with more hearts and strength when Tmac's out. The only game we won in the last 3 with Tmac in the lineup was an ugly win. We could of lost that close one. Tmac gave his best game in recent month, but the body language on other players are just not there.

I expecting something big to go down this off season. If it gets to be pushy we could see personnel changes before trade deadline.

20. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Wonder if it has anything to do with artest being out for a week? :eek: