ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: The red-hot start for the Houston Rockets

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

I can't believe that so many fans here are fakers' believer.
Tags:  abuse, basketball, boston celtics, championship, cool, dallas, disappointment, hawks, hornets, houston rockets, jazz, kobe bryant, los angeles lakers, nba, phil jackson, raptors, spurs, western conference Tags
bjshot is offline Old 10-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
bjshot
bjshot is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19171

So many fans think Lakers will be #1 in west. Please check the history. Kobe is the biggest faker. I don't care what MJ said about him. Kobe's far away from MJ. The closest player to MJ now is Wade who won a Championship himself. I think Heats will make a lots noise if wade keeps healthy. Kobe disappeared when it counted and don't make teammates better. That's not MJ but exactly a MJ faker. Kobe is not a team player and still the uncoachable player he used to be. Phil Jackson for sure is a good coach but he got too much credit from his superstar players. He won't win his 10th ring . He can't be this lucky.

Let's see what fakers did last season. They lost their most important regular seaon game. They were defeated by Rockets who got 22 wins in a row and lost their first position to Rockets. The faker kobe was blocked twice by S.B. at the end of the game. They were lucky over Spurs due to Manu's injure. They were flatted out by Celtics in the final. There were no match at all. They were not a team, no triangle at all but individual player made isolated play. They really didn't have high BB IQ and it's especially a truth for Kobe. Please, Even hawks went 7 games with Celtics. Let's remember what's happened the Western conference Champions in recent years. Spurs are the odd team. They won in the odd years. The other teams, fakers twice, Dallas once won over Spurs by luck in the even years. All the three team was humiliated by the eastern teams in NBA final. The first two became big disappointment the next year. These fakers will be no different. They will not be in western conference final.

I think spurs will make their last noise in western. Jazz and Hornets will improve. That's the teams that Rockets need to overcome. fakers may win a bunch of regular seaon games, but they will have no business of WCF. Basically fakers lack the kind of leadership that other four teams possess. Rockets will eat fakers alive. fakers can abuse other teams with their two big man mismatch, but not Rockets. Rockets match them very well. Rockets provide every other team mismatch. I think only Jazz and Raptors may give Rockets mismatch because they have a great pg and two big man who can shoot outside.

So let's put Rockets #1 with 65+ win until some season-end injures happened. :D

Sponsored Link
bingsha10 is offline Old 10-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
bingsha10
bingsha10 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodbingsha10 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20620
What gets me mad is the Lakers always seem to benefit from an easy schedule early on and a hard one at the end. Problem is basketball is such an emotional game that even if you aren't that good, if your emotions are super high cause you just beat a bunch of bad teams, it can carry over into beating teams you shouldn't have otherwise beat.

That said the Lakers are pretty good now. Not better than the rockets will be but good enough to win a ton of games if they're focused.

aussie rocket is offline Old 10-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
aussie rocket
aussie rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodaussie rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17801
Longest thread title ever?

1) Houston Rockets

That is all.

bobrek is offline Old 10-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #4
bobrek
Vamos Los Astros
bobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbobrek is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #724
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingsha10
What gets me mad is the Lakers always seem to benefit from an easy schedule early on and a hard one at the end. Problem is basketball is such an emotional game that even if you aren't that good, if your emotions are super high cause you just beat a bunch of bad teams, it can carry over into beating teams you shouldn't have otherwise beat.

That said the Lakers are pretty good now. Not better than the rockets will be but good enough to win a ton of games if they're focused.
Like last year when their first 8 games were Phoenix, Utah, New Orleans, Minnesota, San Antonio, Houston Detroit? (only Minnesota missed the playoffs)

and they closed against Portland, Dallas, Sacramento, Portland, Clippers, New Orleans, San Antonio, Sacramento? (5 non playoff team games)

redao is offline Old 10-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #5
redao
redao is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4595
wrong forum and the topic sucks.

CharlieMurphy is offline Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 AM   #6
CharlieMurphy
Contributing Member
CharlieMurphy is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2006
Member: #21250
All I know is that they got to the finals last year, and have now a hulked-up Bynum back on their team.

However, I do think think that the Rockets will be the better team come playoffs.

blackistan is offline Old 10-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #7
blackistan
blackistan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18650
Wade is not the closest player to MJ I could understand maybe the argument for lebron but kobe is still the closest to MJ hands down

Booster2point0 is offline Old 10-02-2008, 04:49 AM   #8
Booster2point0
Booster2point0 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33401
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjshot

So many fans think Lakers will be #1 in west. Please check the history. Kobe is the biggest faker. I don't care what MJ said about him. Kobe's far away from MJ. Yes, don't listen to the man himself. Listen to some random dude on the internet who couldn't hit a J if his life depended on it. The closest player to MJ now is Wade who won a Championship himself. "Himself"? Now I'm not taking away that Wade did a ton to bring them a championship but you say that he won it himself when he had Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, James Posey and Jason Kapono at his side? I just find that a tad odd. I think Heats will make a lots noise if wade keeps healthy. Kobe disappeared when it counted and don't make teammates better. He doesn't make his teammates better? The dude averaged six assists last year. If you actually watched the games you'd see that Kobe is and has been constantly setting his teammates up. And only last year did they even START finishing. And even when he didn't the dude had Kwame Brown and Smush Parker as his starting Center and PG... Do you really expect him to pass more than shoot? That's not MJ but exactly a MJ faker. Kobe is not a team player and still the uncoachable player he used to be. Thanks for telling us this, you who have never met Kobe let alone coached him. Phil Jackson for sure is a good coach but he got too much credit from his superstar players. Mike and Scotty were together before they won any rings. Shaq and Kobe were together before they won any rings. You speak in ignorance. Phil has eleven rings. Two as a player and nine as a coach. How many do you have? Let's see you get a few before you start to critique his coaching. He won't win his 10th ring . Buddy, you're about nine years too late. He can't be this lucky.

Let's see what fakers did last season. They lost their most important regular seaon game. Um, and which was that? They were defeated by Rockets who got 22 wins in a row and lost their first position to Rockets. First of all, they didn't have Pau, Bynum OR their starting SF in Trevor Ariza. They lost one game. Big deal. Second of all, you say that they lost their first ranking, but you fail to mention that they got it back, and took the NBA Champs to six games without their anchor. The faker kobe was blocked twice by S.B. at the end of the game. "S.B."? Who the heck is that? And if we're bringing up bad stats in obscure games, T-Mac got five turn overs on March 22. *Shrug* They were lucky over Spurs due to Manu's injure. The same way that the Celtics were lucky due to the Bynum's injury? The same way the Rockets were lucky due to Pau, Drew and Trevor's injuries? Whatever you say. They were flatted out by Celtics in the final. I hardly say that they were "flatted out" (even though that's not a real term) when they lost to the Celtics in 6 games. There were no match at all. They were not a team, no triangle at all but individual player made isolated play. Okay, I won't even call out the obvious spelling correction. They were no match at all? Then how the heck did they win two games? They really didn't have high BB IQ and it's especially a truth for Kobe. Okay, do you even know what basketball IQ is? Because it doesn't look like you do. Please, Even hawks went 7 games with Celtics. So you're saying the Hawks are a better team than the Lakers? Ookay. Listen, a win is a win and a lose is a lose. The Celtics beat LA the same way they beat Atlana. By your logic, the Jazz beat the Rockets and the Lakers beat the Jazz. Therefore, it could be said that the Lakers are better than the Rockets. But that's a ridiculous thing to say before either team plays a single game. (Boy, that really does put a hole in your statement, doesn't it?) Let's remember what's happened the Western conference Champions in recent years. Spurs are the odd team. They won in the odd years. The other teams, fakers twice, Dallas once won over Spurs by luck in the even years. All the three team was humiliated by the eastern teams in NBA final. The first two became big disappointment the next year. These fakers will be no different. They will not be in western conference final. Whoah, reading that seriously gave me a headache. Where the heck do I begin? "Spurs are the odd team". You mean they won on the odd years or that they are just an odd team? Either way it's irrelevant. Lakers won three championships, not two. And they went to the finals in 04. "Dallas won over Spurs in the even years." Uh, didn't the Mavricks win ONCE in 06? Regardless, I don't see why this matters. "All three team was humiliated by the eastern teams the NBA final." Um, the San Antonio has won every finals series that the the franchise participated in. The Lakers won three titles, and the Mavericks lost once. It was really hard to understand your Engrish but I did the best I could.

I think spurs will make their last noise in western. What a brilliant observation, Einstein. Considering that the team's average age is over thirty. Jazz and Hornets will improve. Brilliant! Tell me more, O Wise one. That's the teams that Rockets need to overcome. fakers may win a bunch of regular seaon games, but they will have no business of WCF. Uh, until the Rockets get past the first round, I might be hesitant if I were you to knock the team that has 15 championships. Basically fakers lack the kind of leadership that other four teams possess. Leadership? That's kind of random. How do you know this? Rockets will eat fakers alive. Way give us a detailed explanation of why! fakers can abuse other teams with their two big man mismatch, but not Rockets. Rockets match them very well. Rockets provide every other team mismatch. "Cave man hungry. Cave man look for food." I think only Jazz and Raptors may give Rockets mismatch because they have a great pg and two big man who can shoot outside. What big man do the Jazz have that can shoot other than Boozer?

So let's put Rockets #1 with 65+ win until some season-end injures happened. :D
What a wonderfully unbiased post you have there, Bjshot.

ImmortalD24 is offline Old 10-02-2008, 05:38 AM   #9
ImmortalD24
ImmortalD24 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28280
Quote:
What big man do the Jazz have that can shoot other than Boozer?

Yao_Mac is offline Old 10-02-2008, 08:46 AM   #10
Yao_Mac
Yao_Mac is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Member: #18281
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
That's a face I want to punch

ferrari77 is offline Old 10-02-2008, 11:01 AM   #11
ferrari77
Contributing Member
ferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #18204
Damnit Booster2point0, don't feed the troll. I can't believe you wasted so much time dissecting the OP's horrid original post. It wasn't even worth the effort man.

FFz is offline Old 10-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #12
FFz
FFz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2006
Member: #19783
i read 3 sentences and i cant read anymore... im sorry if ur point is different, but i dont see any laker fans here.

Storm Surge is offline Old 10-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #13
Storm Surge
Rookie
Storm Surge is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17739
why don't you post this on a lakers board where you can incite a lot more attention since that's obviously what you are trying to do.

bladeage is offline Old 10-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #14
bladeage
Contributing Member
bladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16175
I have never seen the word "faker" be used more in one single post. It sounds funny when I say it now..faker.....faker.

Dookie Sandwich - "They put kit kats and pickles up my butt"

Carl Herrera - "..cocks are food"

Mazyar - "I think Nelly is a pretty good rapper."

hkcosser - "Stop your foolish mind you, do not stare at Ron."

Angkor Wat is offline Old 10-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #15
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006
I co-sign any thread bashing non Houston teams.

DOMINATOR is offline Old 10-03-2008, 02:25 AM   #16
DOMINATOR
DOMINATOR is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDOMINATOR is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22124
Wade won a championship himself?
WHAT? he had shaq... same guy kobe won 3 with...

Caltex2 is offline Old 10-03-2008, 06:35 AM   #17
Caltex2
Caltex2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCaltex2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao_Mac
That's a face I want to punch
I tink someone beat you to it.

knote32 is offline Old 10-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #18
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
Wade won a championship himself?
WHAT? he had shaq... same guy kobe won 3 with...
That was not "Shaq" if you get my drift, Wade put his team on his shoulders
more than Kobe ever did........

laixiaodong21 is offline Old 10-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #19
laixiaodong21
Rookie
laixiaodong21 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33867
I can't believe someone talk about kobe like this ,It is unfair

laixiaodong21 is offline Old 10-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #20
laixiaodong21
Rookie
laixiaodong21 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33867
Wade is not the closest player to MJ I could understand maybe the argument for lebron but kobe is still the closest to MJ hands down