1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should anyone who posts a Hoopsworld article as news be tossed?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Jul 2, 2006.

?

Should anyone who posts a Hoopsworld article as news be tossed?

1. Yes

98 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No

114 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

Link? :D

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Now that's comedy...

Let Darwinism reign.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I voted no, but if they do it more than once, toss them like salad.

4. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Clutch first let me say what an awesome site this is. 2nd maybe you can have like a time out period, once you don't play right you have no posting priviledges for a week, then a month and then your banned. This way you don't pull the plug on someone for a 1 time mistake but at the same time you don't get to annoy or bring down the site to the level of some lesser sites.
    Also maybe you can have an age limit on some of the rooks. 19 does work in the new NBA. They can have reading rights but there's nothing worse than finding out your arguing with a 12 year old.

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

There definitely needs to be a FAQ with rules and posting guidelines, so if n00bs get out of control, there's at least grounds (and prior notice) for banning them. (Not that Clutch needs an official reason to drop the hammer, though). And I wholeheartedly support public humiliation of rule-breakers, as making examples of others should help curb newbie behavior. Rule with an iron fist, Clutch! Ph34r teh Clutch!

BTW, this FAQ noted above could also include basic Rockets facts, like salary data, previous draft pick information, etc. Lord knows I've been championing this idea for years now...

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think a warning is enough....

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

God that would be fabulous. Lord knows I don't like explain the CBA for the millionth time. Oh who am I kidding. I love acting like a smarty-pants. :D

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To add to the Forum of Shame idea, I propose a Time-out Corner for new offenders of any golden rules here. Temporary ban them and post their offending posts in the Corner to let everybody know who they are and what they did.

9. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

One warning and out.

We dont need any "Yao Ming Suffering From Hypertension and may have to retire early" articles on this site.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

It wouldn't be fair to kick somebody who didn't honestly know. Joining this board should help those lost little lambs learn a thing or two about the internet and who has legit info. But they can't learn if they are kicked immediately. The only thing I can think of is that when people join, you make them take some kind of test on info you think all new posters should know (unlike those "I agree/I disagree" things that nobody ever reads) off the bat and they have to get it all the questions right before they join. I haven't even the slightest clue how you would go about doing that or if it's just too much work to put in on your end, it's just a thought.

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

exactly...sometimes its necessary for something to get your hopes up

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

then makeup something farfetched and positive...

it has just as much chance of coming true as any stuff posted on hoopscrap

13. Omer

Omer Member

No because lots of people do not know the rule about that site.

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

What about the ones who know a link to that site is blocked but try to sneak around it by adding a space?

15. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Need FAQ section.
    1st time friendly warning!
    2nd time hall of shame listing!
    3rd time 2 week band during season. 1 month ban during draft time and off season.
    4th time banned for 6 months or drawn & quartered like the good old days ;) .

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Screw a FAQ. We all had to take our lumps when we joined this bbs. You either learn the rules and "get it" or you crash and burn. It's part of what makes this bbs so great.

Although an example thread of previous posts showing "what not to do" would be pretty damn hilarious! :D

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Considering that in this case it was reported by ABC 13, I would vote no. Granted, I don't know what they were thinking when they cited Hoopsworld. Generally though I would vote yes.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Ditto. Also, you can put them on probation for a while. A deterant is effective in many situations. However, I wouldn't blame you if you made that rule.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

First time a warning. Further posting consequences should be left to the Administrators. I don't like the idea of probation.

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Warned at minimum. And especially if it's put in an un-realted thread! :mad: