1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WWE: Eddie Guerrero passes away

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Eddie Guerrero passes away
    Nov. 13, 2005

WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

Rocket River

2. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

3. Astro101

Astro101 Member

OMG WTF.

RIP Eddie.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW! Wonder what was the exact cause.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Word is that Eddie ate breakfast with Chavo and another wrestler in the morning and then went back to his hotel room to brush his teeth. When he didn't return in a reasonable amount of time, folks went looking for him. They found him dead in his hotel room with his toothbrush still in his mouth.

Those familiar with Eddie know that he has been addicted to painkillers for a very long time, successfully completing rehab for the problem several years ago. It's also quite obvious that he's pumped plenty of steroids into his small frame over the years in hopes of making it big in the WWE. It's unknown at the moment whether either of those two drugs played a direct role in his death.

While turning up dead in your hotel room is nothing new for wrestlers (Mr. Perfect, Miss Elizabeth, Chris Candido, all within the last few years), this death hits me especially hard. Not just because Eddie was my favorite wrestler and one of the best ever, but because he was also something of a personal hero. Eddie was born into a family tradition and business that many people would have struggled with. His father, Gory Guerrero is a wrestling legend in Mexico, and Eddie had to try to live up to that name every day of his life. He could have chosen any walk of life and quietly been his own man, but he chose a fixed sport instead because he loved it. Whether he was hamming it up as a good guy or devising nefarious misdeeds as a heel, Eddie's love and dedication to his craft always made him stand out from the crowd of smaller guys wherever he worked. Never possessed of imposing size, Eddie worked three times as hard to entertain as many of the "top" guys in wrestling, and won the fans over enough to win the World Title. One of the best performers and actors ever to pass through the WWE, the profession and those who follow it are poorer for having lost him. It's a shame that Eddie died so young, just as did his great friend and mentor Art Barr more than a decade ago. Both died having lived out their boyhood dreams.

RIP, Eddie. LWO for Life and Beyond.

#5 Hippieloser, Nov 13, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Gosh, that was unexpected! :(

I've really enjoyed watching Eddie Guerrero on Smackdown with Bautista.

RIP +

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wow. This is freaky. :eek: It's sad, too, because I used to follow some of Eddie's matches a few years ago, then I stopped following wrestling for a bit. I tuned back into a match a few months ago and saw him and couldn't believe how much that dude had pumped up. It was unreal.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

:(

r.i.p. EG. One of the best entertainers in the biz.

:( :( :(

9. Christopher

Christopher Member

Has there been a current (at the time) headline that has died like this?

I cant remember one.

Its very sad news, shocking news. Unlike some of the meat heads the WWE has these days, Eddie was a great character and he really put in alot of effort during his matches.

RIP Eddie. :(

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Brian Pillman was one, he died, I believe, the day of a big PPV matchup. Owen Hart obviously died from an accident in the ring. Pillman's is the only one on par with Eddie's that I can remember or think of.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Truely sad day for WWE. :(

This was big enough news that my friend and cousin text me to tell me the news. I am the casual wrestling fan and was a big hardcore fan but since I started to work Mondays, I just read the reports.

Eddie entertained the hell out of the WWE fans. He even left the company and came back with a bang. He deserved everything he accomplished and he cheated death once by surviving a car accident back in '99. I am proud to say that I witness some great matches with him and the last time I saw him was the Aug. Smackdown last year when he came out with the WWE divas.

The world and WWE lost a great person today. :(

RIP Eddie +++

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I always liked him when I watched wrestling a few years ago, he was one of my favorites.

13. zenmar

zenmar Member

My goodness, RIP eddie truly one of the best worker in wwe.

14. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

owen harts all the way

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I know the sudden passing of professional wrestlers is quite common, but this comes as a complete shock. The guy was at the top of his game(even if the WWF itself is a mess), and I'd heard he'd been clean for a while now.

R.I.P. Latino Heat :(

16. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I'm not a big follower of professional wrestling but use to catch it every now and then when there wasn't much else on TV. Its really sad to see such a good athelete / entertainer die.

The thing that surprises me about Dough_Ku's post is the sudden passing of professional wrestlers is quite common. :confused:

I know its a totally faked sport but shouldn't they be concerned about having it be commonplace for them to die suddenly? In any other high profile field, whether athletes or entertainers, would it be acceptable that so many or your stars die?

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The thing about pro wrestling is that there is rampant drug use. Whether it's steroids or painkillers(both of which Eddie Guerrero used) or some other substance, this stuff is constantly being pumped into these people's bodies. Off the top of my head, the last few years have seen the sudden deaths of Mr. Perfect, Miss Elizabeth, and Crash Holly. Chris Candido and Owen Hart also died, but those were not due to substance abuse.

Should the WWF be concerned? Of course. But the whole point of this business is that roided up freaks beat the crap out of each other. Drugs will always be a part of this business, unless Vince McMahon wants to hire only cruiserweights from this point on.

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

if you go to wwe.com, there is a conference video with Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero, in which Chavo mentioned that Eddie didnt answer his wakeup call and securities called Chavo in which he went to his room, turned him over and was just there. I didnt see the whole thing because the speakers suck at the computer I am at, I'll watch the rest when I get home.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't wanna politicize this
    but will WWE be effected by the NO STEROIDS ban from congress?

Latino Heat has soo much personality to me
    I liked him

Rocket River

20. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Man, that's sad. I used to love WCW/WWF when I was a little kid and I'd watch it all the time (I haven't watched it for years). Eddie was awesome, I always liked him. I, too, was flipping through channels not too long ago and couldn't believe how much he had buffed up, pretty crazy. Rest in peace, Eddie.