1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Had a better game than the awesomene "elite WR depth" has had all year combined

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Just heard on 610 that the Texans organization didn't have any sort of video tribute or recognition of Johnson at the game? I understand the Colts are a rival, and that AJ has said things that that the team and fans don't like, but I still think it would have been classy of the organization to do something for a player who played well for them for many years. Surprised and a bit disappointed in what has been generally a classy organization.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ Really messed up if true. Even the Rox had a tribute for Parsons after that messy summer.

4. conquistador#11

patriots way!(unfortunately patriots way didn't come with Brady and wife)

5. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

It's funny because the Texans twitter would just say Colts score whenever AJ would score.
    I'm sure that's what they usually do, but way to go not acknowledging the elephant in the stadium.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Rockets gave T-Mac a tribute. They gave Luis Scola a tribute.

The Texans are a classless for this.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the paycheck isn't enough, now we need video tributes? they're highly paid pro athletes, we need to quit canonizing them.

a couple of the only things the organization has done right in recent years is cut andre and no tribute video.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No tribute out of spite? **** this org.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Andre Johnson easily has the longest and most productive career of any Texan. This organization is classless.

10. NewRoxFan

Let me guess... you don't want your employer recognizing work you have done "above and beyond" in any way than your pay check?

Like it or not, Andre Johnson still has a number of fans here in Houston. At the same time, the Texan's team and organization could use a PR boost. The organization dropped the ball on this... if the team was doing well, it would be one thing. But 1-4, and looking like an ungrateful, petty organization? Bad move.

11. ipaman

Of course, that's why I work!!! 'Atta boys and pats on the back don't pay the bills or feed my family. Only difference is I don't get paid millions like pro athletes which I don't have a problem with.
    So Texans are ungrateful because they didn't play a video for a guy who was me first, asked for a trade, signed with a division rival, all only a couple months ago? But the guy who asked for a trade, hurt the organization's depth and negotiating power, signed with a rival, deserves gratitude?

That's a loser mentality. Are you the type that says "thank you officer, have a great day" after getting pulled over by an ******* cop who gives you a bull**** ticket?

12. Mr. Clutch

It's classless.

Not recognizing great contributions to the team is a loser mentality.

13. ipaman

But demanding a trade when a team still wants you as part of the team (albeit reduced on field role, but still leadership role) is super classy?!?!?

No one will admit (why idk) that Andre did a lot of unclassy things several times in his career here with regard to his contract and contract status. Selective amnesia.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I loved Andre as much as anyone while he was here and he is my favorite all time Texan, but I don't really think they were in the wrong not to tribute to him yesterday.

We really don't know what went on behind closed doors. I think deep down he wanted to quit on this team, with the threatening of the holdout and trade request, but he stuck it through last season knowing it would be his last.

Like Brett Favre in Green Bay I think there will come a time that we give him the recognition that he deserves, but yesterday was not that time.

15. Mr. Clutch

Meh, lots of players demand trades. Of course he wasn't perfect, no one is.

And last year the issue is they wanted him to take a pay cut. When he refused they released him

Then we signed Shorts and Washington lol

16. ipaman

Exactly, what's so hard about waiting until he's retired at least?

17. NewRoxFan

I wrote looked ungrateful and petty.

AJ obviously had issues with team management, but purchasing a full page ad thanking the team, owner, and fans was seen as a classy act.

The organization could have presented a short video recognizing a popular and successful player upon his return to Houston. That would have made the organization look good at a time when the organization could have used a a boost.

They didn't, and in the process instead looked ungrateful and petty.

18. Mr. Clutch

As a fan a tribute would have been nice. I love the ones the Rockets do.

Andre is the one who cares least. He's trying to win the division

19. ipaman

The lack of a texans produced video doesn't stop you/fans from standing a cheering for andre if you were in the stadium or even in your living room. i hope you took the opportunity to give him a personal tribute, very classy if you did, i'm not joking. i just don't think your/fans desir to tribute should be projected to texans organization.

20. Indaface

Indaface Member

The worst thing about the game last night was how obvious both times the ball was going to Dre in the goaline. Every one but our defense could figure it out i guess.