1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

How Good is Beverley on defense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Dec 7, 2014.

1. basketballholic

I have no problem seeing the possibility of this happening.

2. Asian Sensation

That would be a huge step in advancing out of the First round.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/1

^ a sobering reminder of how badly Beverley has downgraded this year. The above is only for the PG position. Last year he was in the top 10 OVERALL in RPM.

This season? Jeremy Lin ranks higher than he does. A DRPM being below zero indicates just how badly his defense has plummeted.

Hopefully we can get a starting PG and maybe him coming off the bench specifically to be a hustle guy will improve his defense.

I don't see what kind of trade value he has and he's making less than a million so he won't provide much for trade filler compared to Jason Terry.

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

My buddy said that they took his bobble head day off of that means anything lol

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Goodbye Bev. It was fun.

7. basketballholic

that is a fact. was supposed to be Feb. 8.

Of course we've received assurances here on this board that there is no way, absolutely no way that we trade Pat Beverley. :rolleyes:

#107 basketballholic, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

not a fan of beverly but if we trade him and dont pickup a veteran pg, I am gonna be pissed. i think canaan can develop but we have enough talent to make a real deep run and dont have time for anyone to learn the ropes

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i think if bev gets traded its to an eastern contender with a need for backup defense and spot up shooting for a late 1st. someone like atlanta or even toronto. but only if we get a comparable replacement or clear upgrade.

just another asset in hopes of landing a bigger name. could very well be part of a 3way trade landing a clear upgrade at the point as well. atlanta1st/pels1st/nyk2nd is a good package. especially if you add a young talent like capella or jones. lawson, dragic im looking at you.

10. basketballholic

ATL doesn't need him. They've got Schroder as a backup. He's way better than Bev. And they've got Shelvin Mack I believe as their third stringer.

Now Toronto could be another story. They've got Vasquez but he sure hasn't looked good the games I've watched. And Toronto does have an extra first rounder that would be nice.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It sure does look like Bev is on the way out. Kind of sad how he went from Wolverine to Weasel so damned fast. He can't shoot and he can't defend:(
    His over aggressive demeanor is getting checked by Harden. I never thought I'd see that.

Bye bye Bev. Thanks for all you did and or all you tried to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#111 Tfor3, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  12. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Beverly sucks, trade his ass now when you can

13. basketballholic

If I were McHale,

I would be seriously contemplating starting Brewer for Bev right now. It won't happen because at this time it would crater Bev's trade value and he could be moved. But after the trade deadline, if Bev is still here and we haven't traded for a substantial point guard upgrade I'm all in on Brewer starting at the point.

Last night the Brewer/JoshSmith pick-and-roll defense was extraordinary. Brewer is so long, thin, and quick that he makes the perfect defensive matchup at the top on the pick-and-roll. And now he's hitting a good amount of his corner 3's. In my opinion, Brewer is playing the best defense at the point of attack on this team and some of the best point of attack defense in the NBA. I'd make the switch to him if nothing else happens and bring Bev off the bench.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dunno about you, but I cringed a little every time Smith got switched onto Monta on the perimeter.

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Just check the schedule and you're right. That sucks because that was the bobblehead I was looking forward to the most.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Are people really using bobblehead nights to determine whether a player is going to be traded?

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is strange though, and would be a way something leaked.

DD

18. conquistador#11

if bev gets traded, i'm done with this team.

(pin drop)

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The cancellation has more to do with Long Beach port strike problems than trade rumors. Rockets got burned by them and had to issue vouchers for Clyde Drexler bobble heads

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

To pull it weeks out would be far more indicative of some sort of business reason