1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Good is Beverley on defense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Dec 7, 2014.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Beverley's strength is three and D. It's his contract year and I think he's trying to do more on the offensive side to help with his stats. Too much dribbling and stuff make his game look bad.

He needs to stop doing those that he's not that good at. If he focuses on three and D, he is another Ariza type of guy.

2. hakeemthagreat

Monte Ellis had a great game against Bev, and pretty much anybody guarding him. What he did is use picks & screens to shoot that mid range pull up. It's a great strategy and works against great defenders because they'll eventually get tired from fighting over screens. Obviously Bev had a terrible shooting game. However, that late game layup was CRUCIAL. He needs to be aggressive like that EVERYTIME going to the hole. When he's passive we struggle

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

With Monta, you go under the screen (especially without a healthy dwight), and if he keeps hitting that j, good luck to him. He was, but let's be serious, that's like a once in a season shooting game for him. If he was giving up penetration to him, then we'd have had an issue.

#123 Aleron, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  4. seeingred

seeingred Member

Looked at the OP's post and checked Bev's current numbers.

Bev: 1.7

Curry: -3.9

Rondo: 1.5

Dragic: 0.0

Lawson: 2.6

Lowry: -0.4

DWill: 2.8

No doubt (we all know it) Morey will attempt to upgrade PG at the deadline. We'll see what kind of haul he can get.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He seems to have fallen off.

There was a moment in time where I was excited to watch just to see what kind of steal or hard nosed defensive play he would make. That feeling is gone.

I dont think he has been the same since the knee injury last year. I think he is going light and I am hoping it will not carry over to playoffs.

If the dude is able to turn it on in the playoffs and he is genuinely coasting right now..

then great ..

but I dont think so..

so the dude is either really still hurting, or he is now in nba and putting it on cruise control. either one is disheartening.

not sure but he is 25% of the player he was. weird I would like to know. Wonder if moray and milk hair know whats really going on. He has become one of my least favorite rockets.

maybe small sample size of half this season and since knee injury but Im majorly concerned about beverly.