1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is It My Imagination, Or.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Apr 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hmm

Hmm Member

Have you seen the state of mainstream music today...? The fans clearly have no taste....

and don't give us this "oh it's like that EVERY generation... you're just getting old..."

There have always been your backstreet boys, Britney Spears etc... true... but there have also been exceptions in the mainstream scene.... The 70's had several (including in country), as did the 60's, as did the 50's...

While Madonna helped inspire superficial twits like BS and her new millennium/2010's ilk in the 80's... There was a guy by the name of Michael Jackson... who yes indulged the whole "controversy means more publicity" side of the business... but he also backed it with artistic substance... He wore a single studded glove, a fedora and his mother's evening jacket because he honestly thought it was a brilliant combination that fit this one particular song in a live setting... not to stir controversy, or to shout to the masses, "hey, look! don't I look so artistic?! I dress this way because I'm artistic!" Hell, his excuse for " one glove" was that he was covering his vitiligo on that particular hand... He wore the same shoes because he felt most comfortable dancing in those particular brand of shoes... he dressed to draw attention to his feet.... not his ass, crotch, or upper body etc as most mainstream artists do today...

It's the artistically clever way of selling sex.... by virtue of one's craft... not one's body type... As a musician, I can tell you women have the same effect seeing a master pianist wield such beauty with his fingers...

The the 90's had grunge... hate it or like it, blame them for nu-metal and even the state of rock as it stands today... the genre originally had artistic substance...

There are no standouts, or exceptions on the mainstream scene today....

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This though it all went to hell with Faith Hill. She even destroyed Tim McGraw and turned him into garbage.

If I could grant you one wish
    I'd wish you could see the way you kiss
    Ooh I love watching you, baby
    When you're driving me, ooh crazy

THAT IS NOT COUNTRY MUSIC!!!!:mad: