1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In and Out open in Austin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Dec 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Went to the airport location. Food was pretty quick but finding a place to sit was painful.

The burgers were pretty good for the price of McDonalds but their fries tasted like cardboard. It was not as good the Habit bruger grill I had when I was in California last month. They need to bring those bad boys to Texas.

http://www.habitburger.com/

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

If they aren't, they need new management. Any new major competitor should be cause for concern, even if there aren't many restaurants yet.

3. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

I live in California. This. Double Char w/ cheese, Fries and Chocolate Shake. They recently opened one up by my house. YEAH BUDDY

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

What do you mean? Do they have a garden out back or something?

5. TheFreak

Whataburger should not be worried at all. I'll try In/Out at some point, but there are plenty of options until things quiet down. The place that may need to worry is Mighty Fine, who only has 2 locations in Austin/RR that I know of. In/Out is right next to their RR location.

6. blink

blink Contributing Member

In and out is overrated. Went to the one in austin and the one in round rock... Both had ok burgers but poor fries. I prefer P. Terry's burgers and fries.

7. TheFreak

P Terry and Mighty Fine's fries are both amazing. I'm not sure how an In/Out burger is going to overcome that, unless they're lacing it with something illegal.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

We are talking about a fast food burger that costs about tree fiddy.

The fries are not great, but I appreciate them not being soaked in beef tallow and oversalted.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They opened one of these in place of a BurgerKing near where my mom lives.

Gotta try one before leaving town...

EDIT: Looking at the Yelp pics though really puts me in a bind. I've jumped off the processed food wagon, so I have this odd craving mixed with conscious revulsion as I scan through people's undoctored photos of the greasy piles of meat and blobs of cheese...

Anyways, to remove any scent of PSA food snobbery, the best mainstream-non-restaurant burger I've had is a peppercorn burger at a Central Market foodcourt in Dallas, which I had 21 months ago.

Really well made with a slight kick, a nicely toasted bun, some bacon, greatly seasoned 1/3 lb meat patty and pepper jack cheese.

Sets you back around 6-7 bucks in what should be considered as 2 servings by the FDA...

#109 Invisible Fan, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  10. Invisible Fan

Their chicken reminds me of a less greasy, possibly higher quality (don't feel as dirty polishing off 3+ pieces) version of Churchs Chicken.

Which is pretty good I guess...

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

On the roof, actually.

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Blockbuster didn't think they had to worry about Netflix, either... in fact, when Netflix offered to sell themselves to Blockbuster, they got laughed out of the office.

Business owners, if they want to survive long term, have to be cognizant of all competition. In-N-Out, while it doesn't have a large foothold in Texas, but a rather large and popular chain that can be considered California's Whataburger. To ignore that would be crazy.

13. Invisible Fan

Mighty fine is mighty expensive for the size you get. I feel they compete with gourmet fat food chains like five guys.

In n out is pretty cheap considering what you get. They're not totally like what a burger, but it's closer.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yes to P. Terry's. The new one in N. Austin is awesome.

15. TheFreak

Well Netflix changed the way we watch movies. In/Out is making a fast food burger. If I need a burger and there's no In/Out nearby, oh well.