1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In and Out open in Austin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Dec 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yup! For the money, their burger is terrific, as are their fries and onion rings. Malts aren't bad, either, and they have a lot of other things on their menu. Everything is made to order. Dan's is a great place to eat breakfast, by the way. I live in Southwest Austin, and I'm bummed that the Manchaca loction is being remodeled. :-(-

2. da1

da1 Member

Just the best burger I had in Austin during my years in college there.

3. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I never got the hype about In and Out. I lived in LA nearly a decade and I thought Fatburger was way better, but to each his own.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

IN N OUT IS SUPER OVERRATED!

they make a good burger, but i dont get all the hype. i think p-terrys is just as good, if not better simply b/c they dont have the audacity to try and put that pink-puke looking "animal sauce" crap all over my f***ing burger. i can assure you and all those hippies out in california that i wasnt having any of it.

i will say that their restaurants are the cleanest fast food joints this side of chick fil a. and very courteous and clean looking staff. that goes a long way, but again, i dont get the hype.

5. moose

moose Member

I actually have tried it. I had never heard of the Cane's hype before and tried it with no expectations. The chicken wasn't mind blowing either. I'm not a fan of those curly type of fries in general.

I completely buy in to the In N Out hype, love it, and I still don't understand why some people hate it. To each of his own.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They don't force you to order it that way, you know.

7. TheresTheDagger

I misread the title.

I thought it read "I'm out and open in Austin"

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The IN N OUT I went to in Dallas a few months ago was pretty similar to Whataburger in terms of being crowded.

My thoughts exactly. I like Whataburger's burgers slightly more than you do I'm sure and I think their burgers are solid and pretty decent but the way Texans crow about Whataburger is ridiculous. It is a solid place that makes a decent burger and pretty damn good tenders but y'all need to chill.

9. ferrari77

Uh ok. Shake Shack??? Not sure which Shake Shack you went to but there is no burger place in the country more overrated than Shake Shack. You might as well go to Steak and Shake and get a Steakburger for a better price.

The Irony. You say you never had a more overrated product and then a few sentences later mention Shake Shack coming to Austin.
    As I mentioned above, there is no burger place in the country, NO other place more overrated than Shake Shack. Average overpriced burgers imo.
    No place more overrated than Shake Shack.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm not sure people hate it, but at the end of the day, it's just a fast food burger, like anywhere else. IMO, there is no such thing as a GREAT burger that comes from a fast food place. It's good for a fast food burger but that's all it is, same could be said for whataburger too IMO, although I do prefer it over in n out

11. Asian Sensation

I don't understand why people get so riled up over a fast food burger. Obviously different people have different tastes so that's why all these fast food joints have been around for so long.

Imagine if you could get a Big Mac meal in say only 10 different states. People would be going bat **** crazy about how delicious it is and how amazing Mcdonalds fries are.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Never had Dan's, but I really like Hopdoddy in Austin for burgers. Probably the best burger place I've had there.

I went to the one in Madison Square Park in New York City. I've also been to the one of the ones in Washington D.C. I don't think it's overrated because there isn't much hype to it really. It isn't even very well known in a lot of the country like In-N-Out is. It's mainly a north east establishment.

13. ferrari77

I went to one in Washington DC and the one in South Beach, Miami. I think it is overrated because there is hype to it from people in the Northeast/East coast. Much like how the IN-N-Out hype comes from people in the West Coast and those that live elsewhere but always got IN-N-Out upon visits out west(prior to the expansion) that's how the Shake Shack hype is. From Northeasterners/East coast folk and those that live out west that don't have easy access to Shake Shack.

Overrated to me after hearing about it from those in the East coast/northeast that spouted on about it the greatness of Shake Shack.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

They're all overrated in that aspect. Whataburger is too, I have a friend in Arizona who doesn't like Whataburger at all and doesn't get the hype about it either from people in Texas. At the end of the day, I think fast food burgers really are no match for local burger places. In Chicago, we have Epic Burger which is pretty much the same as Shake Shack and In-N-Out in terms of the burgers themselves.

To me, I just prefer Shake Shack and Whataburger, that's not to say In-N-Out sucks though. If I want some real burgers though, I know to hit up places in Chicago and Houston which are two of the better burger cities in the country.

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I will have to head over there sometime.

My personal favorite hamburger place in Austin is Hopdoddy. Homemade buns and fresh meat, fries with green chile queso, and homemade shakes. Highly recommend. I have only been to the one on South Congress, and it is always crowded. Get there early.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's high end burgers. I like it too. But you can't get a meal for 5 bucks there

17. moose

moose Member

True, I RARELY ever eat gourmet burgers. When I go to restaurants, the last thing on the menu I look at are burgers.

I've had hopdoddy's once. It was great, but I just can't see myself spending $10 on a burger that often.

18. ferrari77

Well said man. Agreed.

19. YourSecretLover

in n out is good for what it is. you have to understand that its just a fast food burger. of course there are a lot of burgers out there that are better than in n out. The good thing with in n out is that its relatively cheap(even cheaper than most fast food places) and its one of the best burger values out there.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And it's a fast food burger that uses nothing but fresh ingredients.