1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is moot point already seeing as Lin is a Laker and not a Rocket. He is their fan base's problem now, not ours. :p

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Precisly!

3. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Lin would still be serviceable on the Rockets this year, and easily could have still been with the Rockets had Miami immediately re-signed Bosh after FA started.

I'm not sure Lin would be that second playmaker so much of us are craving for. He's certainly no Gogi, but at the very least he can attack the basket and draw fouls at a much higher rate than Canaan, Terry, and Bev. His signature jump passes will always be there, but that's just par for the course.

He was one guy I thought McHale actually used correctly. Give him freedom to attack with the second unit so him and Harden dont' overlap. Now if only McHale would do something about Howard's ineffective post ups.

4. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

I want to give king1 rep. What's the world coming to?

5. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

So it just means Lin can't compete with starters and should be playing against other team's bench players which is exactly where he belongs, on the bench.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure, at $8 to $15 million and also he'll turn the ball over like crazy.

I'd rather have Smith drive and dish or Brewer than Lin.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

LOFs disagree :( lolol

8. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

That's why you keep him on the second unit and if he's not shooting or passing well you don't have to give him minutes, same logic we're using on Josh Smith right now.

And the Rockets would also have their first round pick for this year. Lin's was getting paid either way since Morey was the one that signed him to that contract. We still could have obtained both Brewer and Smith, in addition to adding Ariza.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"The only thing that has been consistent is the amount of inconsistency I've had in my life," Lin said. "I've gone from getting cut in the D-League to starting to playing heavy minutes to all these different roles every week. I have to keep staying aggressive when I get out there."

Once again. just like his fan base, Lin singing the "Woe, Is me" song and playing the victim.

Hey Lin, has it ever occurred to you that the biggest inconsistency in your life has been your incredibly consistent inconsistent performance on the basketball court?

This chump just does not get it.

No wonder even his own fans wonder now that why after all these years he still dribbles into the lane and the jumps up in the air with no where to go.

Back away from twitter and work on your game, fool.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Getting rid of Lin was addition by subtraction.

I'd be more confident with 38 year old Terry playing back up PG (although not ideal) or even Canaan ahead of Lin. There would be big time locker room problems if you have a guy making $15 million as a 3rd string back up.

11. NotChandlerParsons

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nick Young on what the Lakers must do without Kobe: &quot;Pretty much just give me the ball and get out of the way.&quot;</p>&mdash; Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaxterHolmes/status/559814757046161408">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The anti-Lin conspiracy continues :grin:

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

According to the reports, Harden is actually eating much more healthier than Lin.

Hard to believe but that's the truth.

So I would say what you said is correct.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You dont need to eat healthy to ride the pine.

14. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

2- (-1) = 3

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

jet >>>>> lin
    brewer >>>> lin
    canaan >>> lin

SCUM >>>>>>>>>> LOFs

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Except that Josh Smith is better than the Rockets backup PF currently (uhh...Capela?) by a wide margin.

Jeremy Lin is no better than Jason Terry or Isaiah Canaan, and for all intents and purposes is worse.

Maybe he's better than Alexei Shved, but I'd rather have Shved than sal-batross Lin.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well, this thread used to be my go to thread when I need to take a dump.

But sadly its losing my interest.

Lin is already became a DNP-CD player, no matter how much you are hating/loving on him, its just not worth the time to waste on him anymore.

At this point, to repeat 1000 times whether he sucks or not is basically meaningless, no matter what kind of debates you want to put up : his ability, his stats, his race, his mental, his eating, his girlfriend, ect.

His current situation just may as well as the strongest evidence of all.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Agreed. I think Lin is good enough to be a rotation player on most teams. He's good in transition, quick with the ball, decent playmaker, good finisher, and has an ability to get into the paint to score or draw a foul. His weaknesses are his TOs, sometimes he goes too fast for his own good, plays slightly below average to average defense, poor ball handling when pressured, streaky shooting.

We all agree he is inconsistent. Some nights he'll play well enough to earn 30 minutes, others he'll be terrible and be a net negative. Similar to his pros and cons, actually, in a sense that his strengths can be weaknesses. Highly polarizing player and style.

Lin is good enough to earn himself another contract, but that would probably be his last contract.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I had to laugh at this one. Poor Alexei, he has looked so awful. You wonder how he has a NBA contract. I know church league players that "look" better on the basketball court than he does. He is either in a horrible, horrible slump, injured, or he "Mooched" his way into the NBA and is a complete fraud.

20. downbytheriver

Lol. JR Smith is a highly polarizing player and style. Nate Robinson is a highly polarizing player. Russ Westbrook is a highly polarizing player. These are players who can put up their numbers against the best, but can also take a team out of it. Lin, after being scouted, cannot do anything against the best and consistently takes his team out of it with meek, indecisive play. There is nothing above and beyond about him.

Sorry to break it to ya fellas. He's a scrub who a bunch of young asian men push online and ESPN can market to the wealthy asian millennial demographic. That's the only polarizing thing about him. If he was black, he would not be in the league. And that's why this thread is going in circles-- he looks like someone nerds can be friends with, as opposed to the rest of the players in the league.